Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Really really sorry, but Tyre lever recommendations please!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Not for tubeless just regular high rollers

looking for ones to take out on the trail, had some blue park tools ones and they were useless

What do people use that works?

Ta!

Simon

Pedros

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thumbs or you’re not doing it right!

…or the blue Park ones.

YMMV.

superfli
    Free Member

Pedros 🙂

z1ppy

Pedro’s is the best, that I’ve tried.

bigG
    Free Member

My recommendation? Blue Park Tool ones, been using them for years with no issues at all.

xcgb
    Free Member

Thumbs can do a used tyre but not a newish one especially in the cold peeing rain when I reallly dont want to be struggling, I could never get the park ones under the bead

xcgb
    Free Member

Looks like I need strength classes or Pedros then!

wombat

Pedros +1

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers chaps!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Pedro’s yellow ones here too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Park or ManThumbs here.

scotroutes

Pedros if you need levers. Nice bright colours too so less likely to get lost in the grass.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Fat Spanner

toppers3933
    Free Member

Park or Pedros. You can’t go wrong with either.

D0NK

what others said, the right technique without levers is best and doesn’t run the risk of pinching your tubes. But yeah pedro’s for when it’s too cold to struggle with a difficult tyre, I didn’t rate park levers either.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

I’ve bent and even snapped Park Tools blue levers trying to get the original Kenda Nevegals off my WTB Laserdisc rims. Swapped to High Rollers (just wire bead) and never had the same problem since but I always carry a METAL tyre lever wrapped with duct tape to protect the rim from scratches. Once you get it stated it’s easy enough to get them off by hand and you should be able to get the tyre back on the rim without using levers at all.

adrec
    Free Member

+1 for pedros

clubber
    Free Member

These ones. Cheap, steel core and really good (especially for tricky tyre/rim combos)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/x-tools-steel-core-tyre-lever-set/rp-prod55931

xcgb
    Free Member

Yes, I carry a metal lever good idea wrapping it in tape though!

Northwind

Pedros are decent but Lezyne Power Levers are the best I’ve used by miles. Perfect hook, basically.

luddite
    Free Member

Wiko’s tyre levers think there either a quid or 2.

kimbers

pedros

bails

Another +1 for Pedros. Not tried the Lezyne ones though.

Free Member

+1 for PEDROS, by far the best I’ve used. They even have a lifetime guarantee, they’ll replace them if you manage to break them!

jools182
    Free Member

pedros, I’ve been telling my mates for years

last month one of them came to me and told me they had just got some great levers, from pedros, and asked if I had ever tried them 😕

ever feel undervalued and ignored? 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Really really sorry, but Tyre lever recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.