Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Really nice cheap things you’ve bought recently…
  • neilthewheel

A net of left-over chocolate coins. 10p at the Co-op

kimbers

I bought this for the wife as an Xmas present for £4

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004137162712.html

Game changer

It’s a magnetic fridge pen holder,
    Atm. It’s got holding ball point a marker and 2 pairs of scissors

I’m not saying it’s changed my life but I reckon we save 20 minutes a week hunting for a pen/scissors

Assuming we live for another 40 years, that’s a leap Februarys worth of time my wife & I have saved for more fulfilling things

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I recently bought what I thought was a nice cheap middleclassometer. Unfortunately it exploded as soon as I opened this thread.

did you test it out on the audi woodburner?

the-muffin-man

I recently bought what I thought was a nice cheap middleclassometer. Unfortunately it exploded as soon as I opened this thread.

🤣🤣🤣

My pot of shaving cream will last a lot longer than anything from Gillette though! So it’s a bargain. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

A return train ticket to Nottingham – they’ve put a couple of extra trains on making it viable for work now.

£9.30 for parking and a return ticket, similar to driving and parking. But 30 mins door to desk and vice versa. Driving is 45 minutes in and 90 minutes home.

Build it and they will come.

ton

2 x monster huge stacked burgers last night at Almost famous in Leeds.
    50% off. awesome

slowoldman

I found the same stuff in Waitrose on offer.

Me too. I thought it was rubbish. Rich Roast, Strength 4? Nah, weak as a kitten.

Pierre

Depends on what you call cheap, but I bought a “Tiny Pump” from evil Amazon, their version of the Therm-a-rest inflator, because I didn’t want to fill my sleeping mat with moisture from my breath and it’s pretty hard filling the inflation sack when there’s no wind. And it’s really really good. And really tiny.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLEXTAILGEAR-Portable-Ultra-mini-Rechargeable-Mattress/dp/B08GS84832

lunge

A retired racing greyhound. £180 donation to the trust and you get a wonderful, goofy, 40mph couch potato. Bargain.

Nike Pegasus Trail 4’s, £65 in the sale for a super comfy easy trail running shoe. Also a bargain.

slowoldman

40mph couch potato.

Athletes eh?

ElShalimo

A big bag of out of date green lentils in Morrisons for 19p

HTF do dried lentils go out of date? Anyway, I threw a handful of them in a sweet chilli sausage casserole and it was fab

IHN

@IHN are those grips proper silicone like ESI chunky?

Er, dunno to be fair, I haven’t used the ESI ones and, if I’m honest, I don’t know how I’d know if they’re proper silicone. But they’re comfortable, don’t slip, and they’re five quid…

Me too. I thought it was rubbish. Rich Roast, Strength 4? Nah, weak as a kitten

Tasted alright to me and I like a strong coffee

winston
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago I bought a 4k LG Blu-ray player from Facebook selling, looked like it has never been used. £40.  The aftermarket 4k compatible HDMI cable it came with probably almost cost that.

As far as normal things you can buy everyday, I always think these are an absolute steal at around £10!

footflaps

Neighbour was throwing out a non working Dyson V8 on our local WA group. I offered to change the battery at cost and someone else suggested cleaning out the filters. They declined. I now have a mint condition V8 fully working after spending £42 on a new battery and set of filters.

It stank of dog, so I did have to give it a good clean to get rid of the smell…

alpin
    Free Member

Opinel have always been great value for money.

Bought a ten litre box of Bordeaux Superieur in a French supermarket. Worked out at under €2/litre. It’s really rather quaffable and no hangover to speak of.

Philby

Just got one of the Pixel 6a phones which were £100 off the RRP of £399, plus another £100 and £19 for my 5 year old Sony, via John Lewis, so £180 for a great phone.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Pixel 6 from Carphone Warehouse. £299 sim free, then £100 off for old Samsung phone and £35 cashback. £164 all in and a great upgrade over my old phone.
    At the other of the spectrum, went into Bath for an impromptu pre-return-to-Uni lunch with the daughter. Was chilly so decided I needed a scarf. Primark insulated scarf purchased, £5 on label, only £3 charged at the till. Been wearing it for dog walking ever since, it’s ace. Also quite like the “wearing a sleeping bag around your neck” look…fun and functional!

matt_outandabout

A Stolen Goat jersey in their sale. Mrs_oab looks great in it and loves it.

qwerty
    Free Member

A pair of used once hiking boots for £30. Just the ticket for hillside trail building.

ads678

A return train ticket to Nottingham

..and a packet of Tunes?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😀

Caher

My Garmin Insight watch which I got a year ago and use daily.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh I forgot the 24 tins of coconut milk I got for £10 yesterday.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.