Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Really daft tv question.. do i need a freeview box?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

As title really, I’m not the most tech savvy. Basically i have an old dumb tv I want to put in my bedroom. There is an ariel socket to connect it to.

2 questions..

If I plug it straight in to the socket with no freeview box or the like will I get any channels? I’m not after the full selection, but the basics would be nice.

More importantly, I’d like to be able to watch netflix. I have a Netflix account, can I use some kind of dongle thing And just plug it in to the HDMI port?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Yes

Don’t know

Murray

Just get an Amazon Fire stick and put it in the HDMI port (assuming you have WiFi)

Cougar

If I plug it straight in to the socket with no freeview box or the like will I get any channels? I’m not after the full selection, but the basics would be nice.

Depends how old is “old.” If it mentions DTV anywhere on the box / remote then it’ll be reet assuming your aerial is up to snuff.

There’s a thousand options for Netflix. Fire Stick as mentioned earlier is as good as any.

stumpyjon

Fire stick and bin off the aerial.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Really daft tv question.. do i need a freeview box?’ is closed to new replies.