Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • really bloody good rides on exmoor?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Can someone suggest a really bloody good ride on exmoor for tomorrow please? 30-35 miles, pref as close to Bristol as possible.
    Singletrack, woods, rivers, views etc… Map or GPS navigation possible, so gpx file. Would be cool.

Ta!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

i have a gps file somewhere – email in profile.

edit: soz – it’s dartmoor, not exmoor

on the other hand I have the route for the Heaven of the south – 50km or 75km of cotswold loving 😀

crispybacon
    Free Member

There is an Exmoor/Porlock loop in the recent Summer 2013 addition of *cough/spit* MBR *cough/spit* that might be what you’re looking for.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hungrymonkey
    Free Member

cheers guys, found a gpx for a loop from winsford – 31 miles, plenty of climbing i think

downloaded, uploaded to GPS and OS map of area bought…

cheez0
    Free Member

As close to Bristol as possible?

You need the Quantocks sonshine.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I’m interested in ‘moderate’ and ‘easy’ rides in the North West of Exmoor. We are on holiday in Trentishoe in a couple of weeks (so not far from Ilfracombe) and as I’ll have my 11 year old riding with me we had better avoid anything too hard.

oldfart

Start in Minehead ride out to Dunster . Climb up onto Wooton Common via Grabbist Hill . Stay riding along ridge then fun descent to Wooton Courtney . Head for Brockwell then up onto Dunkery Beacon for the views on the highest point on Exmoor . Then another fun descent to Webbers Post make your way to Stoke Pero for a hoot of a descent to Horner Water follow stream to village . Carry on to Allerford head to Selworthy avoiding A39 ! Tough old climb to Selworthy Beacon then the funnest descent down North Hill into Minehead. About 20 odd miles but it will feel like a proper day out !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘really bloody good rides on exmoor?’ is closed to new replies.