Viewing 35 posts - 1,681 through 1,715 (of 1,715 total)
  • Realistically, EU holidaying by late summer?
  • mattyfez

Who are people using for day 2 PCR test, I found one £67 on the goverment list, is that about the going rate?

mattyfez

These are cheap – are they ok to use? or do you have to pick one off of the government website?

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

masterdabber
    Free Member

I’m still waiting to hear when this “end of October” date for change from PCR to LFT actually is.  The 31st or, as hinted by Shapps, maybe a bit before that.  We’re due back in UK from France on 28th.

sadexpunk

Who are people using for day 2 PCR test, I found one £67 on the goverment list, is that about the going rate?

we’ve been using randox, as have most people that we know, £48 each, cheaper with a coupon. from memory i think its a jet2 or tui coupon, should be easy enough to find online…..

randox test

sadexpunk

These are cheap – are they ok to use? or do you have to pick one off of the government website?

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

theres a tripadvisor thread going on at the minute about them, im not sure what the outcome was and havent read it, but may be of interest?

tripadvisor expert medical thread

DrJ

I just ordered a test from testingforall.org. £48 diy. Quite easy to navigate the website and I got the order reference, which is, frankly, all I want – they can post the test out or not.

mattyfez

Thanks.. Ive got my reference number through now for the locator form so as long as that works then all good.

mattyfez

Thanks @sadexpunk
    It seems the complaints are around them sending test kits out late or not sending results back quickly, not allowing refunds etc..
    I guess I’ve fulfilled my obligations so if something goes wrong it’s not my responsibility.

retrorick

I’ve just used a chronomics test for a return to UK test and will be using them for a day 2 test. £20 for both tests via TUI, so only £40 total for 2 people.
    Website was easy to use, just needed to register the test and send a photo of the completed test result.
    Back on the beer now for the remains of the holiday 🍺😃

mattyfez

Was going to say if you fly with TUI you can book through them for 20 quid… Was just told by a friend.

hot_fiat

That’s a bargain @retrorick

Got back from Spain on Sunday. Had an “eventful” week in the Apujarra. French customs were no bother at all with our motorbikes on the trailer. Spanish customs didn’t exist. Riding was amazing. My VW van’s reliability not so much. It’s currently residing in a VW van centre in Motril, along with the trailer while VW work out whether to repatriate it or repair it (it ate its water). Current estimates are that it’ll take up to 21 days to get it back. VW are unsure of the customs implications.

chrispoffer

Oh, that’s a bad end to what must have been an awesome trip. Fingers crossed your van makes it back eventually!

masterdabber
    Free Member

Sorry to ask this again but….. has anyone found the definitive date from which the requirement for the 2 day test changes from  PCR to LFT?  The original announcement from Shapps said somethig like “end of October”. But I haven’t found it defined as 31st October. The Gov website doesn’t seem to clarify it.

Vested interest as we return into the UK (from France) on 28 October.

julians
    Free Member

Sorry to ask this again but….. has anyone found the definitive date from which the requirement for the 2 day test changes from PCR to LFT?

its not been announced yet – the govt are also being hassled by most of the travel industry to give a hard date.

Apparently there is a shortage of LFT tests in the private sector, because they’ve been focussing on providing pcr tests

NJA

We used Expert Medical when coming home from France, they were pretty good.

masterdabber
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author d-flex align-items-center flex-wrap”><span class=”bbp-author-name”>julians</span>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Full Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”d-flex align-items-center”></div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content p-0″>

Sorry to ask this again but….. has anyone found the definitive date from which the requirement for the 2 day test changes from PCR to LFT?

its not been announced yet – the govt are also being hassled by most of the travel industry to give a hard date.

</div>
    Thanks… I got the impression that might be the case. Just what you’d expect from them…vagueness.

masterdabber
    Free Member

Sorry for the format above… this forum won’t let me edit it or do anything with it.

blokeuptheroad

Just got a day two PCR test from ‘Nationwide Pathology’ pulled at random from dozens of approved providers on the .gov website. £40.

Off to Greece for a weeks sailing in the Ionian a week on Sunday. First trip abroad for yonks, excited,

mattyfez

Rather than start a new thread I thought I’d share this that I saw:

https://murciatoday.com/uk-citizens-banned-from-travelling-through-france-to-spain_1708160-a.html??region=7#bottom_navigate

soobalias
    Free Member

i’d assumed that was the case when France banned UK holiday makers in mid-Dec (germany also)

pistonbroke
    Free Member

No, it changed on Tuesday. We are resident in Catalonia but British citizens, before Omicron was discovered we’d booked the tunnel and a couple of hotels in France for a road trip to see the kids for Christmas, 1st time in 2 years for me. The key word was the definition of a compelling reason which stated UK national returning to the UK were allowed and on the return trip, EU residents transiting through France to their home were allowed. We returned on Sunday, just before the French closed the transiting option, otherwise we were faced with a £600 ferry direct to Spain. Smells a lot like Macron playing to the gallery pre elections in April. The vaccination level in France is way behind other EU countries. Our week long trip involved us being triple vaccinated, countless online form filling, 3 PCR tests and to cap it all No1 son tested positive 2 hours before we got to Sheffield so we couldn’t see him anyway!

dantsw13

My feeling is that by summer, it will be “Get jabbed & every man for himself”

mattyfez

Looks like you can travel ‘through France’ by air though, as long as you stay airside in the airport, like waiting for a connecting flight.

stevomcd
    Free Member

The vaccination level in France is way behind other EU countries.

Rubbish, France has one of the highest rates of vaccination around.

As of today, 89.6% of population over 12 fully-vaccinated, 41% boosted.

j4mie
    Free Member

I was lucky to get to Italy for a few days when it was just LFT that was needed both ways. Hopefully after the winter covid surge falls away then it’ll go back to that.

soobalias
    Free Member

so with a return to minimal testing on arrival to the UK – most soon to require just a paid for LFT.
    and noises surrounding the end of free LFTs (just get on with it) and also the necessity for Boosters and or N+1 vaccinactions expecting to be reduced to the more vulnerable categories…
    I wonder how long it will be till travel is test free, including for the unvaccinated.

This year seems a little quick, but things move fast…

shuhockey
    Free Member

Have I made a massive mistake booking Amsterdam first week of April. When booking the flights last week I assumed everyone was open for business now. Looks like in the Netherlands, they class the UK as non-EU and very high risk. So unless I’m reading the mass of confusing info wrong. We can only go if we have a good reason (Holiday isn’t!!) or full vaccinated (we are) and take a rapid flow test 24hrs before. Am I reading this right…

julians
    Free Member

Have I made a massive mistake booking Amsterdam first week of April. When booking the flights last week I assumed everyone was open for business now. Looks like in the Netherlands, they class the UK as non-EU and very high risk. So unless I’m reading the mass of confusing info wrong. We can only go if we have a good reason (Holiday isn’t!!) or full vaccinated (we are) and take a rapid flow test 24hrs before. Am I reading this right…

Have a read here, https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands/entry-requirements

I think youre ok if you had your booster at least 7 days before travel.

Not withstanding what that page says,I’d expect the rules to change before you travel anyway,I expect them to get less restrictive.

dogbone

they class the UK as non-EU

errrr..

masterdabber
    Free Member

For France the requirement has just been changed

“From 12 February 2022, fully vaccinated (see ‘Vaccination status’ below) travellers from the UK no longer need to present a negative PCR or antigen test result before travel.”

Just booked the tunnel for late March.

mrmo
    Free Member

one thing to watch, Switzerland require the last infection/vaccination to be within 270days to count.

soobalias
    Free Member

has anyone unvaccinated traveled to spain?

Last time i went out, it was double jabbed within 270 days, or triple jabbed (NHS Covid Pass accepted as equivalent to EU Digital Covid Certificate or recovery from Covid in the last 6 monnths certificate only, now im getting slightly mixed signals about the potential to present a -ve test certificate on arrival.

mattyfez

I think if you’re unvaccinated you have to present a covid recovery certificate or a negative test certificate.
    Masks still mandatory on flights to Spain.

julians
    Free Member

Masks still mandatory on flights to Spain.

Correct, but if my flight to/from Majorca last week was anything to go by ,it is not enforced,and hardly anyone bothers wearing one.

mattyfez

I guess it depends on the demographic… Seems to be observed by passengers to Murcia 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 1,681 through 1,715 (of 1,715 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.