Viewing 18 posts - 1,681 through 1,698 (of 1,698 total)
  • Realistically, EU holidaying by late summer?
  • Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

Who are people using for day 2 PCR test, I found one £67 on the goverment list, is that about the going rate?

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

These are cheap – are they ok to use? or do you have to pick one off of the government website?

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

Premier Icon masterdabber
    Free Member

I’m still waiting to hear when this “end of October” date for change from PCR to LFT actually is.  The 31st or, as hinted by Shapps, maybe a bit before that.  We’re due back in UK from France on 28th.

Premier Icon sadexpunk

Who are people using for day 2 PCR test, I found one £67 on the goverment list, is that about the going rate?

we’ve been using randox, as have most people that we know, £48 each, cheaper with a coupon. from memory i think its a jet2 or tui coupon, should be easy enough to find online…..

randox test

Premier Icon sadexpunk

These are cheap – are they ok to use? or do you have to pick one off of the government website?

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

theres a tripadvisor thread going on at the minute about them, im not sure what the outcome was and havent read it, but may be of interest?

tripadvisor expert medical thread

Premier Icon DrJ
    Free Member

I just ordered a test from testingforall.org. £48 diy. Quite easy to navigate the website and I got the order reference, which is, frankly, all I want – they can post the test out or not.

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

Thanks.. Ive got my reference number through now for the locator form so as long as that works then all good.

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

Thanks @sadexpunk
    It seems the complaints are around them sending test kits out late or not sending results back quickly, not allowing refunds etc..
    I guess I’ve fulfilled my obligations so if something goes wrong it’s not my responsibility.

Premier Icon retrorick

I’ve just used a chronomics test for a return to UK test and will be using them for a day 2 test. £20 for both tests via TUI, so only £40 total for 2 people.
    Website was easy to use, just needed to register the test and send a photo of the completed test result.
    Back on the beer now for the remains of the holiday 🍺😃

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

Was going to say if you fly with TUI you can book through them for 20 quid… Was just told by a friend.

Premier Icon hot_fiat

That’s a bargain @retrorick

Got back from Spain on Sunday. Had an “eventful” week in the Apujarra. French customs were no bother at all with our motorbikes on the trailer. Spanish customs didn’t exist. Riding was amazing. My VW van’s reliability not so much. It’s currently residing in a VW van centre in Motril, along with the trailer while VW work out whether to repatriate it or repair it (it ate its water). Current estimates are that it’ll take up to 21 days to get it back. VW are unsure of the customs implications.

Premier Icon chrispoffer
    Free Member

Oh, that’s a bad end to what must have been an awesome trip. Fingers crossed your van makes it back eventually!

Free Member

Sorry to ask this again but….. has anyone found the definitive date from which the requirement for the 2 day test changes from  PCR to LFT?  The original announcement from Shapps said somethig like “end of October”. But I haven’t found it defined as 31st October. The Gov website doesn’t seem to clarify it.

Vested interest as we return into the UK (from France) on 28 October.

Premier Icon julians

Sorry to ask this again but….. has anyone found the definitive date from which the requirement for the 2 day test changes from PCR to LFT?

its not been announced yet – the govt are also being hassled by most of the travel industry to give a hard date.

Apparently there is a shortage of LFT tests in the private sector, because they’ve been focussing on providing pcr tests

Premier Icon NJA

We used Expert Medical when coming home from France, they were pretty good.

Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author d-flex align-items-center flex-wrap”><span class=”bbp-author-name”>julians</span>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Full Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”d-flex align-items-center”></div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content p-0″>

Sorry to ask this again but….. has anyone found the definitive date from which the requirement for the 2 day test changes from PCR to LFT?

its not been announced yet – the govt are also being hassled by most of the travel industry to give a hard date.

</div>
    Thanks… I got the impression that might be the case. Just what you’d expect from them…vagueness.

Free Member

Sorry for the format above… this forum won’t let me edit it or do anything with it.

Premier Icon blokeuptheroad
    Free Member

Just got a day two PCR test from ‘Nationwide Pathology’ pulled at random from dozens of approved providers on the .gov website. £40.

Off to Greece for a weeks sailing in the Ionian a week on Sunday. First trip abroad for yonks, excited,

Viewing 18 posts - 1,681 through 1,698 (of 1,698 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.