Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,715 total)
  • Realistically, EU holidaying by late summer?
  • Sui
    Free Member

So, if you’re french and double jabbed you don’t need to isolate, but if you’re english and double jabbed you do? (assuming both are coming back from france)

bonkers – is this the news the papers were reporting on Monday, if so that doesn’t help me (and many others) who want to go to camping in France..

masterdabber
    Free Member

So, if you’re french and double jabbed you don’t need to isolate, but if you’re english and double jabbed you do? (assuming both are coming back from france)

bonkers – is this the news the papers were reporting on Monday, if so that doesn’t help me (and many others) who want to go to camping in France..

This occurred to me earlier today.  If this is how it still pans out when it’s announced what credibility does that have.

Of course, nothing they do has any credibility.

mrmo
    Free Member

This occurred to me earlier today.  If this is how it still pans out when it’s announced what credibility does that have.

If that is the plan then, no one is going to bother quarantining regardless of what the law says.

colp

I can do a good “Allo allo” accent, should be good to go

binners

It’s like they’ve written a potential set of rules down on a big board and are now throwing darts at it to see which ones are going to apply. Blindfolded.

mrmo
    Free Member

having seen what the papers are reporting, it is looking like, everywhere but France is ok.

Which basically means the whole argument is crap, the issue is nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with the Channel ports not being able to cope. You can freely travel from Belgium etc by plane but if you travel the couple of miles through France to get to the ports you have to quarantine.

joemgh

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-travel-update-government-waives-quarantine-for-arrivals-fully-vaccinated-from-europe-and-usa-while-also-confirming-international-cruise-restart

“Amber arrivals who have been fully vaccinated in the USA and European countries will still be required to complete a pre-departure test before arrival into England, alongside a PCR test on or before day 2 after arrival. Separate rules will continue to apply for those arriving from France.”

So frustrating!!!

Ewan
    Free Member

Yep, they’ve just provided more than a tweet now – france still excluded.

You’d hope that’ll be relaxed on the 5th. I’m not going to book my day 2 + 8 tests until then anyway!

Ewan
    Free Member

Which basically means the whole argument is crap, the issue is nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with the Channel ports not being able to cope. You can freely travel from Belgium etc by plane but if you travel the couple of miles through France to get to the ports you have to quarantine.

I think it’s more about convincing people that we’re not doing as badly as we are. They need a false comparison and the french are perfect. For example my MIL is convinced that France is doing terribly compared to us – her main point of reference is that they’re amber plus! Obviously i’ve shown her the facts but she remains unconvinced…

Sui
    Free Member

******ers … 🙁

spekkie
    Free Member

I wonder if there is a flow chart explaining the thought process behind it all . . . .

Sui
    Free Member

yeah it looks like this

UK Gov flow char for decisions

DrJ

Another question for any Brits holidaying in France – have you had any trouble getting into anywhere with your NHS vax cert, as opposed to the French pass sanitaire? In principle it should be accepted, but in real world practice have you had any problems or successes?

DrJ

But get your certificates loaded onto the France Tous Anti Covid app, as this is what you will use when in France, until everyone starts accepting the NHS app.

But… my understanding is that these QR codes are not (yet) verified by the TAC Verif app that venues use to verify your status so as things stand you will still have to throw yourself on the mercy of the guy on the door (hence my question just now :-))

DrJ

See the last section of this document dealing with visitors to France from non-EU countries. Can’t use restos, bars etc

https://www.gouvernement.fr/sites/default/files/contenu/piece-jointe/2021/07/tac_faq_pro_02072021.pdf

stevomcd
    Free Member

Simple test – someone post (or send me) a QR code from TousAntiCovid resulting from vaccination in the UK. I’ll scan it with the verification app and see what happens.

EDIT: Or just download TousAntiCovid Verif yourself and scan it!

cchris2lou

I have the french app, and it allows to scan qr codes to check their validity.
    I could try scanning uk ones to see if they are recognised.

cchris2lou

Beaten by Stevo 😅

leonthepro
    Free Member

So actually did this today. Registered the wife and I on the NHS site to get our covid vaccination certificates. Downloaded the Tous app, scanned the NHS cert qr code and voilà it’s recognised and saved in the wallet of the app. Hopefully all good for France next week.

welshfarmer

Yep, just done the same. My codes now saved in the wallet. Not booked to go until end of september so will need to download new QR codes as it seems they are only valid for 28 days or so.

DrJ

Simple test – someone post (or send me) a QR code from TousAntiCovid resulting from vaccination in the UK. I’ll scan it with the verification app and see what happens.

Done that. Doesn’t work. Codes not validated.

Frankly I’d be thinking again about a vacation in France until they get this sorted.

DrJ

Downloaded the Tous app, scanned the NHS cert qr code and voilà it’s recognised and saved in the wallet of the app. Hopefully all good for France next week.

this is the confusing thing – you can store the codes in the TAC app, BUT!!!! they are still not validated by the TAC Verif app that places will use to check them.

mrmo
    Free Member

The French embassy’s advice

https://uk.ambafrance.org/NHS-COVID-Pass-now-accepted-in-France

They say take a paper copy of your vaccine status.

DrJ

From the French government site I linked above:

Pour les pays hors UE, dans le cadre du pass sanitaire « voyages », les preuves non certifiées sont tolérées et doivent être vérifiées dans une traduction en français ou en anglais. S’agissant du pass sanitaire « activités », seules les preuves certifiées au format européen sont acceptées. Les participants étrangers peuvent réaliser des tests en France pour obtenir une preuve au format européen

We will be anyway in France until 12 August so I’ll report back on what actually happens on the ground, as opposed to what websites say!

mrmo
    Free Member

seules les preuves certifiées au format européen sont acceptées.

I think this is the bit that matters, I don’t know if the NHS paper cert fits this, but the French Embassy is suggesting it does.

#Johnsonvariant!

Edukator
    Free Member

As you’ve found the French app will store any QR code it recognises but what you need to show in the context of the pass sanitaire is the “certificat Covid numérique UE” which is the QR code on the top right of the French paper and is not the same as the QR on the bottom left of the paper which you scan into TousAntiCovid.

The verif app only recognises the EU QR code either on paper or stored in the app and there appears to be a glitch. If you can’t get the EU code just present proof of NHS double vaccination at least two weeks before in paper format. There’s no legal obligation to own a phone.

I suggest erasing the TousAntiCovid apps you have and downloading again, it’s constantly being updated but you might not be getting reminders.

mrmo
    Free Member

Just updated the tousanticovid app, and I don’t know if this is new or I haven’t noticed before. But under the QR code is does now say this is not valid, contact the NHS.

leonthepro
    Free Member

So this what mine shows when load into the app. Running the latest version on Android. Will take paper copies and see what happens
    qrcode

leonthepro
    Free Member

Let’s try the image share again.
    qr code

Edukator
    Free Member

That looks like a vaccination certificate QR code rather than the QR code on an “EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE”. My EU QR code has a much finer grain with roughly double the points on each axis.

In France you get a vaccination certificate from your doctor with a QR code like the one in that screen shot but then you log into your social security Amelie account to get the EU ceritificate which has two much denser QR codes: the EU one top right and one to scan into TousAntiCovid bottom left. Mine worked first time after the 14 days but Madame downloaded two updates before her code bottom left was accpted and the code top right appeared in certificates.

Edit: a bit of research says some Brits are successfully doing the same with their NHS accounts:

A member of The connection The UK-based team said he did this by clicking to generate a PDF of his certificate on the NHS app, which he then emailed to his own email account from of his phone.

It dodn’t say if he checked if it works with the verif app though.

DrJ

@leonthepro mine looks the same but if you now get someone to pretend to be a bar owner and download the TousAntiCovid Verif app and use it to scan your qr code you’ll find it says “non validated” at which point the bar owner will tell you to be on your way. Or he may accept your paper certificate. We’ll soon find out!!

ElVino

Ok looks like my trip to Morzine is back on given the latest Gov advice? Any advice on using the TousAntiCovid app for UK visitors and where to get an antigen test in the town so we can travel back?

mrmo
    Free Member

To use the tousantcovid, you need your nhs 2d code, I got this via my NHS login and from there get a pdf print out.

Use the french app to scan the code and it should recognise it.

You will have two NHS bar codes, it is the second one that really matters as confirms that you are fully vaccinated.

For the return, i have just ordered a couple of lateral flow tests to use.

Edit, The NHS codes are now fully functional in France, but not in all EU+ countries. ie French app ok, Swiss not ok.

johnx2
    Free Member

Obviously I should do my own homework over and above half listening to the radio this morning, but what the hell, advice v much appreciated… We’re off to France for a couple of weeks end of the month, brittany ferries. Do we need to show a PCR test result going/coming back? If so, any advice on booking tests

Sui
    Free Member

elvino – are you already booked? Im trying to do a last minute job -and just wondered how you’ve got on?

Stainypants

I spent 5 hours on Tuesday night doing the forms and working out what we needed as we enter Spain travel to France and comeback via Spain. Added stress the wife’s NHS vaccine record has disappeared from the app luckily we downloaded a copy last week.

If you’re fully vaccinated you just need to fill out a declaration from the French government website, no test needed and to come back you just need a lat flow test from a pharmacy in France, not the NHS one, and fill out the UK passenger locator form.

Vans packed, kids are away at Machester airport getting their LAMP tests and I’m so glad I held my nerve over France and didn’t swap the holiday around, 2 weeks in Ainsa and 10 days in Argeles Gazost. Just got to load the bikes on and drive to Portsmouth which is always the most stressful part of the trip.

mrmo
    Free Member

@johnx2 the revised rules, not applicable today for the return, You need nothing if vaccinated to get into France.

you need a lateral flow test from with the 72 hours before boarding for the return. you also need to book a PCR test for day 2 after you get back. ( this needs to be booked before you come back)

No test can be an NHS one, you need to give the tory donors there baksheesh to get into the UK.

rone

Booked into to my usual place in France now.

Wondering about Flexi-plus on the tunnel.

Think it might be worth the extra.

Kryton57

No test can be an NHS one

I wondered why this is the case.

you need to give the tory donors there baksheesh to get into the UK.

Oh.

rone

Always remember Tories nees to keep the myth going that the private sector allocates resources more efficiently.

Bullshit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,715 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.