Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,715 total)
  • Realistically, EU holidaying by late summer?
  • spekkie
    Free Member

We’re seeing Dutch, German, Belgium and French visitors here in Ainsa, but I’ve only seen 1 UK car reg. plate so far.

Temps are averaging 30 degrees from lunchtime ’til dark – we’re cooking, but it’s nice 🙂

cchris2lou

Same here in France, lots from EU.
    Wife and Kids traveling to the uk sunday.

Stainypants

@spekkie we are hoping to be there in 3 weeks. Just about everything is crossed that we can make it.

chrismac

We should be driving to France now. Instead we are driving to Scotland. Lots of reports in the press that the U.K. might put France on the red list next week was the nail  in the coffin for us. To much risk and we don’t want to spend the holiday checking the rules all the time. Or 2 weeks in a quarantine hotel No idea why the U.K. would put France in red but there is lots I don’t understand with the current government

spekkie
    Free Member

@stainypants give us a shout when you get here and we’ll have a chat 🙂

Stainypants

Cheers @Spekkie Ill take you up on that 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member

Ah FFS. France is still going to need 10 days quartine. God knows why, much lower cases than us. Guess we’ll be paying the five day release thing then.

Stainypants

Its the Beta variant (south african) they are worried about rather than the Delta variant we currently have.

P-Jay
    Free Member

That’s a pain, but given how cavalier the government usually is, they must have a pretty serious reason.

I’ve just got to break it to the family now.

kimbers

Its the Beta variant (south african) they are worried about rather than the Delta variant we currently have.

Beta variant appears to be stable/decreasing g in France?!

kimbers

Meanwhile

andermt
    Free Member

We are supposed to be heading to Austria next weekend but Austria is still closed to anyone from the UK unless they quarantine for 10 days, even if fully vaccinated.

Been told I can cancel the day before arrival but will probably make our decision on Tuesday as last update to their countries list was the 6th.

Not really holding out much hope it will change the way the UK rates are climbing.

hot_fiat

Looks like you can no longer travel to Germany via the Netherlands. So that’s it, game over.

tjagain

That’s a pain, but given how cavalier the government usually is, they must have a pretty serious reason.

they hate the french

I’ve just got to break it to the family now.

they don’t already understand what a shower of useless idiots are in government?

MoreCashThanDash

they don’t already understand what a shower of useless idiots are in government?

Started my day with a chuckle

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Give it a week, all holidays canned. Forget it.

grum
    Free Member

Plague Island #johnsonvariant 🙁

kimbers

So majority of french cases of Beta variant are in overseas territories like Réunion & French Guyana, so this makes even less sense

cheers_drive

Looks like you can no longer travel to Germany via the Netherlands. So that’s it, game over.

Where does it state that? Im driving to Denmark on Wednesday via Netherlands and Germany.

welshfarmer

Blame me folks. I finally plucked up the courage and reserve to book our ferry to France on Thursday morning. Just 24 hours later they decide the new relaxed rules won’t apply there anyway! Ah well, I can change the booking without charge up until the last day at the end of September. Who knows what might have changed by then!

Ewan
    Free Member

Presumably it’s just to make the brexit headbangers think the french are doing worse than we are. ****.

DrJ

Well, France just changed their test requirements for UK visitors – now need a test within 24 hours of departure. Just looks like a tit-for-tat response to new UK rules.

rone

Well, France just changed their test requirements for UK visitors – now need a test within 24 hours of departure. Just looks like a tit-for-tat response to new UK rules.

I can’t keep up.

Thought it was okay to enter France if double jabbed?

Have you a link please?

mrmo
    Free Member

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/operation-brock-deployed-as-country-reopens-250721/

The France change is nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with Brexit. The borders won’t cope with holiday makers so the solution is to ban travel.

hot_fiat
    DrJ

I can’t keep up.

Thought it was okay to enter France if double jabbed?

Have you a link please?

Apologies – I was quoting Eurostar link here:
    https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/service-information/eurostar-travel-updates

But it is at odds with news reports eg here:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/france-reinforce-covid-19-restrictions-travellers-2021-07-17/

So who knows what the real situation is 🙁

kelvin

I can’t keep up.

It’ll change again within two weeks. And several times again over the summer. Anyone expecting otherwise has their head in the sand.

ugarizza
    Free Member

Wife wants a weekend in Venice in the summer. I’ve booked 22 days off work so we can quarantine either side

rone

So who knows what the real situation is 🙁

Euro covid chess.

colp

Anyone expecting otherwise has their head in the sand.

It’ll be good old British sand though, non of that Forin muck

kilo

Where does it state that? Im driving to Denmark on Wednesday via Netherlands and Germany.

Got a bight tight going to Denmark today;

Anyone travelling from the UK will have to produce a negative PCR test before boarding their flight, regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not and including travellers in transit.

Another test is required on entry and travellers will have to isolate. Travel will only be allowed if deemed for a “worthy purpose”.

cookeaa

I doubt it, if Bozza and Co. gave two shits they wouldn’t be throwing our own national controls away on Monday…

I’m sort of feeling vindicated, having vitoed overseas holidaying for the family this year.

cheers_drive

Got a bight tight going to Denmark today;

My wife has been watching the latest advice for over a month now. We’re taking a PCR today and a antigen on the way to the ferry. Also need vacine proof and marriage certificate so I get through on the fact she a Dane / EU citizen.
    Loads of hassle and stress for me to then be bored stuck with the inlaws for 10 days BUT, understandably my wife is desperate to see her family.

cchris2lou

Wife and kids on the plane to the Uk . £600 for tests . At departure in France , Ryanair askd to see proof of negative test but not the booking for uk tests . I am guessing they will be asked at Stansted .

cheers_drive

I forgot to say that we know somebody who got the Harwich to Hook of Holland ferry last night and hat said there were loads of confused and angry uk travellers who were refused boarding because they thought all they needed was a vaccine passport.

cchris2lou

Wife landed and no check at stansted.

bigrich

the UK is turning into a Red Zone/Freedom State* from today

*delete according to stupidity

5lab

@cchris2lou hasn’t she had to fill in an arrival form? You need a test booking reference on them to ensure you’ve booked one and i *think* the arrival form is cross-referenced to the flight manifesto automatically

cchris2lou

Not sûre. We Will see if booked tests are delivered tomorrow.

DrJ

Off to Paris on Eurostar this afternoon. Got antigen test which it turns out I don’t need (thanks to Eurostar’s wrong information). Bit concerned about France being put on the red list but thinking we may push on to Greece for a couple of weeks if that happens!! Escape from Johnsonaro’s Britain will be a relief, if only for a while.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,715 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.