Viewing 12 posts - 1,001 through 1,012 (of 1,012 total)
  • Realistically, EU holidaying by late summer?
  • Premier Icon weeksy

What a bloody ridiculous post.

Premier Icon bob_summers

you might get your 10 days in Benidorm without having to beat the Germans up to put your towel on the lounger closest to the all-inclusive bar.

You’re already too late, 40,000 Germans flew into Mallorca last week. If you’ve been furloughed in the hospitality industry the last 12 months that’s probably music to your ears but for the rest of us unable to visit relatives in the next province and heading into yet another lockdown with the 14 day case rate soaring… it’s a bit salty.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

You’re already too late

Dammit, I was looking forward to my not quite a fortnight of off-brand paint stripper vodka and coke surrounded by other peoples screeming kids.

Premier Icon weeksy

We didn’t really learn much did we. Our groups have asked our organiser for any potential options on postponing.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

We didn’t really learn much did we.

From the man who could make 2+2 look like a master class in obfuscation and ambiguity? Nope, not much.

I’m in the [un] fortunate position that my trip in late August is all booked and paid for already so it’s really an issue of whether the flights etc will be cancelled more than anything else.

As is by then I’d imagine it’ll be reasonably straightforward given the time scale of the various waves over the last year but, that being said if I’ve learned one thing over the preceeding 12 months it’s that today is not a reasonable basis from which to extrapolate tomorrow.

The real kicker for me will be if I’m required to isolate at the other end and that will be nothing to do with our lot, on return isn’t ideal but I can deal with.

Premier Icon steve-g
    Free Member

I have 2 weeks in a villa in Majorca booked for late July early August, deposit paid having lost last year’s deposit but claimed it back on insurance and with last year’s flights rolled to this year. I’ve just pushed it all out to 2022 while it’s all free to do so, saves me stressing about being out of pocket and reading the news 5 times a day for the next 3 months.

I’ll keep the time booked off work then can sort something out last minute that’s within driving distance be that UK or France depending on what the situation is by then

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

How did you roll flights over to 2022?

I’m not very savvy with flights etc but it looks like Ryanair will let you change dates for a fee but I couldn’t see an option to do it for free.

Ideally I would have liked to change destination too! A September long weekend in the Dolomites instead of a July week in the Pyrenees. The savings from the shorter trip would have offset costs of changing flights.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

In fairness Ryanair are generally very flexible, they’d let you put your head out of the window on take-off for a fee otoh they only begrudgingly let you use the loo without one.

Premier Icon steve-g
    Free Member

My flights were easyjet, they are letting you amend flights for free as long as it’s more than 14 days before the flight date.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Yas! I’m on holiday!

Bit of a trauma getting here, our rather old Kuga on original battery decided it would not start after I moved it out the garage to pack the car and put the bike rack/bikes on. That meant pushing it back in, put the battery on charge for 30 mins to get it started, then a deviation to Halfords to get a jump start device just in case.

Usual level of Halfords questionable knowledge about being the correct device for Diesels led to a further delay, me paranoid at the wheel nervous of something going wrong and the topped up tyres giving way with the weight of the Kryton family food and possessions, but eventually we’ve arrive at Center Parcs to find is 33% full, sunny with masses of tables outside the bar.

Should be a good week when I’ve calmed down 🙂

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Center Parcs in school holidays- you could have bought a new Kuga for that!

Premier Icon Kryton57

Lol, well luckily rolled over twice discounts and a discount ‘cause the pool isn’t open makes it relatively cheaper. It’s pretty quiet, there’s still plenty of activities for the kids with the woods to play in, and it’s a different view out the window and a break from work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1,001 through 1,012 (of 1,012 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.