Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Real output of a 900lum DX light?
  • bob_summers

I’ve been using it for an unlit country lane commute, but I want to replace it with something with integrated battery, USB charging, better beam pattern etc. What sort of output am I looking for? 900l seems a lot – would I get away with something with a tested output of 350l (eg Cateye Volt 300)?
    Current light is a SSC P7, according to the box. I’m happy with the amount it kicks out, whatever that may be…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-Fluxient-U2-Mini-with-1100-Lumen-rated-Cree-XM-L-U2-led-2x-3400mAh-/121425299818?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1c4583096a

Try this – I bought one last year and it has served me well on night rides off road and generally about town as an easy light to stash in your pocket when going to shops, pub etc.

Moe

I use one of these:

Magicshine

Very small and neat, recharges via USB.

……. also It’s now a tenner cheaper! DOH!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I was using one of those fluxients when a pizza delivery bloke who didn’t see it knocked my off and nearly broke my collarbone again. Few months off the bike though…

Beam pattern is not great for the road at all, you would probably be better off with the cateye. Although it is higher lumens I preferred my Exposure Joystick as that has a better beam pattern as well…

lightman
    Free Member

Just had a look at the ebay link, its sad to see Torchy is going down the Chinese way of advertising his products!
    1100Lumens and a 3hrs runtime on high WTF!
    With a 3hr runtime, the U2 will only be driven at about 1000mAh which means it will get no where near 1100Lumens, at best it’ll be around 300L out the front accounting for heat losses etc…
    To get close to 1100 (in optimal lab conditions), it needs to be driven to its full potential at around 3000mA which will give the battery runtime of about 1hr, not 3hrs and even then, it’ll only be about 900Lumens out the front.

See my post here if you’re looking for budget lights.

takisawa2

P7 I had were about same as Hope HID & that was claimed to be 600.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Real output of a 900lum DX light?’ is closed to new replies.