Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Real life cyber sleuths like the dude from the Girl with the dragon tattoo…
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I do know one chap who makes a living working freelance for big companies, taking care of their online security, tracking down threats and blocking attacks but he’s always busy and may not get backto me.

A mate of mine who is at the top of his game is being subjected to a malicious campaign which involves thousands of negative links to his website. Although he’s in talks with Google and they are sort of playing ball, it would be very helpful to know who is behind the attacks. If you know of anyone who might be able to help, please drop me a line (email in profile).

Just for the record, it genuinely is a mate of mine (not me!), he’s a really decent bloke and I guess he’s at the point where paying for info might be an option. He’s also one of the very few genuine SEO experts in the UK, which is probably why he’s been targeted so 12 year old wanabees need not apply 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

I might know someone, I’ll ask him.

He works for one of Europe’s top pen testing firms……

Pigface
    Free Member

The cyber sleuth was the girl with the dragon tattoo, I know this doesnt help.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’ve dropped him an email with your email address in it (plus a copy of the blurb above)

DezB
    Free Member

The cyber sleuth was the girl with the dragon tattoo

She had a friend, “Plague”, iirc

Maybe try him

user-removed
    Free Member

xiphon, thanks very much.

Plague. Yup – that was the dude I was thinking of. Although yes, she was a dab hand too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Real life cyber sleuths like the dude from the Girl with the dragon tattoo…’ is closed to new replies.