Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Real Ale Wobble Role Call
  • sheldona
    Free Member

Anyone else going to ride through the cold wet and Muddy Welsh Countryside in a couple of weeks only to get back and get hideously drunk?

LoCo
    Free Member

Hmmm, tempting 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

It would be rude not to don’t you think? 😀

except I can’t attend as I have a wedding in Aberdeen 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpynya12
    Free Member

Sell it to me ??? Bikes and beer does that work ? I thought everyday was race day and shandy’s would be banned from a cycling 8) event on safety grounds……

sheldona
    Free Member

Sell it to me ???

My mother will be there*

Yeah riding and drinking is wrong :Roll: thats why they have tea available as well as beer at the beer stops and several hundred beers to taste in the 3 pubs back in town after the ride!

*Not

Keef
    Free Member

there may be a small but perfectly formed contingent of onespeedcannock mincers in attendance…..

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it’s on my birthday every year and i ALWAYS end up working

humph 🙁

sheldona
    Free Member

Mine too MrMW, thats why we go 😉

jamesb
    Free Member

Best event of the year, cold and wet, cold beer and steep greasy descents (I still remember from several years ago slithering down some dark ravine in the woods grabbing at trees to slow down :), thanks for reminding me that it`s still on. Top event, a must do

steve_b77
    Free Member

Would love to go but I think I’m working

tonyplym
    Free Member

Rumour has it that they’re planning a new route this year.

singlespeedstu

I’m not going this year as it’s got a bit too mainstream for me.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Mr Ayatolla, I believe we may have met at Coed y Brenin the other week (or are there lots of ‘niche’ riders?). Me, I was on an orange Five. Just to say that the Mountainbiking Wales lot will be in attendence. Avert thy eyes lest you wish to see a human orangutan naked in the banned mosh-pit (it always happens, we can’t control him). There may or may not also be naked stair-diving/car surfing…

sheldona
    Free Member

I’m not going this year as it’s got a bit too mainstream for me.

I heard you weren’t going because the course was too hard?

mafu26
    Free Member

i’m going and i’m going to get sh!tfaced. canne waaaaait.

singlespeedstu

I believe we may have met at Coed y Brenin the other week (or are there lots of ‘niche’ riders?). Me, I was on an orange Five.

Second thoughts now there’s a orange 5 rider to chase down and pass I think I’ll come. 😉

jj55

Ah! The fresh air of Wales!

I’ll be there again – any recommendations for cheap bunk beds (I’m getting fed up with camping in November)

timraven

B**ger! Not looking good to get the time off.

Anyone know if there’s a limit to numbers?

Might get a late reprieve.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Oh there are plenty of us about…

sheldona
    Free Member

Neil1881, yes it was us at Coed Y Brenin on Sat riding silly bikes getting stuck behind geared Orange 5 riders 🙂

singlespeedstu

Ayatollahofniche – Member

Neil1881, yes it was us at Coed Y Brenin on Sat riding silly bikes getting stuck behind geared Orange 5 riders

Some of us didn’t get stuck. 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

True enough Stu, that front wheel only gets stuck on steps!

sofaking
    Free Member

I heard you weren’t going because the course was too hard?

i thought ssstu liked it hard :lol:…………
    .oh the riding is hard 😉

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Just checked with the social facilitator and the “yarkshire boys” are up’t Scotland that weekend, @ollocks !!! and to think we were going too teach you shandy suppers how to drink & still ride hard.

neilc1881
    Free Member

I can’t remember many of you being stuck behind me. I did presumably let SSStu (if that’s who it was?) past, only then to sit on his tail. We could battle it out all day I sense, but in the end you’ll probably all beat me hands down at the beer tent. I am in serious training but am at a 5 pint plateau. Any tips? Is it my VO2 max? Should I do shorter binge sessions to push my ability to cope with more pintage, or should I get some longer steady miles in to form a broader base tolerance to alcohol?

Your advice would be gratefully recieved,
    Neil

p.s. I doubt the five will be out at the Wobble, I’ve got something equally dispicable to ride… an mmmBop. You lot will probably throw rocks at me for that. Niche my bikes are not. 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ll be there…. my blizzard gets more niche every year, its almost retro now!

Dave

Marko

I’ll be there.
    Cold.
    Wet.
    Camping.
    Drinking.

Living the dream….

Marko

singlespeedstu

neilc.

The ‘tollah dreams of being able to drink five pints. 😆

As for training I can recomend a long medium paced intake over six hours then a final max speed rush for another hour followed by a few swift brandys when you get home.

Oh and it might help if you grew a bit of a beer wok. 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

Looks like the ‘tollah status has gone! I’ll get it back somehow!

psling
    Free Member

The trick is to take a leaf out of Sofaking’s book and train on single malt with cider chasers… 😯

Niche my bikes are not

But the tee-shirts certainly are – “I ride like a ****t, me”

tollah
    Free Member

The trick is to take a leaf out of Sofaking’s book and train on single malt with cider chasers…

Should read
    The trick is to take a leaf out of Sofaking’s book and train on single babyshams with bacardi breezer chasers…

rOcKeTdOg

i shall be riding anywhere but there

thekingofsweden

We shall be there 🙂 guess you already knew that !

tazzymtb

drinking and riding bikes!

It’ll all end in tears, my H&S mindset would never allow to partake in such a wanton display of lunatic behavior (and I drink like a lady) 😉

have a good one chaps

Ringo
    Free Member

I shall be there to partake in a little bit of riding and a shit load of drinking 😀

Ambrose

I will be there, as usual. And again for the Ramble. Tonyplym- you need a bed for the weekend?

I’m off up there Sunday to look at some more trails with one of the guys associated with the event. We have found some great stuff but I’ve no idea if it will be included in the event.

Ambrose

I will be there, as usual. And again for the Ramble. Tonyplym- you need a bed for the weekend?

I’m off up there Sunday to look at some more trails with one of the guys associated with the event. We have found some great stuff but I’ve no idea if it will be included in the event.

Dickyboy

I’m hideously drunk on real ale & been no where near wales of late, does that count?

sofaking
    Free Member

Should read
    The trick is to take a leaf out of Sofaking’s book and train on single babyshams with bacardi breezer chasers…

i take offence to your remark tollah and challenge you to a drink and ride to the death

may the best man win 😛

patentlywill
    Free Member

Wouldn’t miss it for anything… well most things.

This year may be interesting getting there as the Welsh Rally part of the World Rally Championships is taking place from 11th to 14th November, though hopefully not on the same trails

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Real Ale Wobble Role Call’ is closed to new replies.