Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Re posts in the Classifieds forum
  • AB
    Free Member

I’ve noticed quite a few people reposting their listings a few times in the one day after they fall off the first page.

What’s everyone’s take on when it’s acceptable to do this?

I’m intending on reposting a frame I listed on early on Tuesday morning, and which is now on page 10 of the classifieds and as such will realistically get little in the way of attention.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i re-post whenever i can be arsed, usualy 2 days or so, but only if somethings changed, eg lowered price etc

richc
    Free Member

Hmmm, looks like some people are taking the piss and posting every item individually, hence taking over a large chunk of the 1st page.

STATO
    Free Member

it happened loads on the old forum so itll happen on this one now they cant ‘bump’ posts up. I dont mind really if they actually want to sell it and are prepared to reduce prices if it dosnt sell, but there are always the same few people constantly relist the same items at inflated prices, hoping they will sell and not prepared to accept less. Itll keep happening as long as its a free classifieds (which it should be or itll be pointless as you could just use others like retrobike, bikemagic, pinkbike, mtbr, SDH, Descent World etc.)

druidh
    Free Member

LOL – just been over there and seen 8 posts from the same person!

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“LOL – just been over there and seen 8 posts from the same person! “

I was trying for a forum take over 😉

druidh
    Free Member

AndyPaice – Member

I was trying for a forum take over

By advertising all your old, unwanted bits and pieces?

Would that be a sort of cóup de er……. tat??

AndyPaice
    Free Member

slaps head and wanders off

andym
    Free Member

LoL @ druidh.

IWH
    Free Member

Would that be a sort of cóup de er……. tat??

Bravo Sir 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Funny as I have seen things I solde for £20 ish quid posted up for double it’s price!

Same ppl I sold stuff to last year! Cheeky sods lol

MrNutt
    Free Member

doffs tiffer in druidh’s general direction 😆

Mark

I posted a request not to list all your items individually on one of your ads Andy. I’ll assume you have now got the message and you won’t be doing it again.

For the record I’ll be adding something to that effect in the classifieds rules in the next few days.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Nah, thats not on. When I had my bike on here I bumped it after a few days, which I think is acceptable.

Mark

New rules stuck to the top of the classifieds now

julianwilson
    Free Member

some forums have a ‘new posts/threads since you last logged in’ thing. Would it be possible to do that just for new threads on the classifieds? that way you don’t wade through 6 pages of re-posts if you haven’t been in for a bit and people only post the once. Also editing your own classified threads and titles if you drop the price or sell some stuff from a clearout would also decrease the total number of threads started.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Re posts in the Classifieds forum’ is closed to new replies.