Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • re-greasing dmr v8 pedals
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

evening.
    what alternatives to dmr’s own grease could i use to regrease my pedals? would finish line teflon grease be suitable for this task at all?

juiced
    Free Member

yep that’s exactly what i use on my v8’s and v12’s. It’s ideal. You can either get a grease gun the screw directly on the tube or just squirt some into the supplied syringe and use that. Put a load in though. I do mine until it comes out of the ends a little.When v8’s are new they have hardly any grease in them at all.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I refil the syringe with it too, I could tell no difference between it and the dmr stuff with regard to performance.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah i was gonna refill the syringe with it if it was suitable.
    cheers chaps!

bassspine
    Free Member

V8s are disposable pedals. Use them till they’re gritty, scrap them, buy another pair.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Castrol LM or CL.

V8s get gritty? Mine never have, but then I did rebuild them correctly before I fitted them to bike (filled them with grease completely, adjust bearing preload correctly), and I do top them up with grease every now and then.

ahwiles
    Free Member

bassspine – Member

V8s are disposable pedals. Use them till they’re gritty, scrap them, buy another pair.

i’m not disagreeing with you, but…

they’re easier to keep alive for longer than almost any other pedal.

and they’re waaay cheaper than almost everything else.

much under-rated.

bassspine
    Free Member

I’d agree with under-rated – don’t get me wrong, they’re great value. Like kona jack sh1ts too.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

bassspine- true enough, but they do have a grease port and there’s plenty of life in mine still, they just need regreasing and i have none of the dmr stuff left. a quid or so’s worth of grease will get me another summer out of the pair i have.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Any grease will do I use castrol LM

bassspine
    Free Member

Does LM go off? I’m still gradually working my way through a tub my dad bought in about 1978

Neil-F
    Free Member

I also use Castrol LM, and the original syringe.
    Never had any probs with my V8’s, had them for about a year.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

V8s need regreasing?

juiced
    Free Member

v8’s are designed to be rebuilt. Just rebuilt and repainted a pair of mine which are 10 years old.good as new now,brilliant pedals ( and also v12’s too) cost me about £8 including terror pins (and bearings)

If you full the v8 up with grease it shouldn’t get gritty, unless the bearings wear lots.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘re-greasing dmr v8 pedals’ is closed to new replies.