Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • RE: Brakes from .DE sites
  • variflex
    Free Member

If we order brakes (XT or SLX) from .DE sites like actionsports or bike-discount are the brake levers round the wrong way so to speak compared with UK supplied parts?

I heard a rumour they were?

Rgds
    J

fathomer

Mine where from Rose. Shimano XT

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep they’re ‘wrong’, having them the right way arround is a very brittish thing, although some DH riders adopt it as it matches the front brake on a motorcross bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

I heard a rumour they were?

Well they would be wouldn’t they? If you buy a car in Germany the steering wheel will usually be on the left as well…

dirtydog
    Free Member

Yes they’re supplied the ‘wrong’ way round, just need to swap levers and bleed.

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks, I assume its not a big deal to swap them. Do you need new Olives?

twohats
    Free Member

You’ll need to cut the hoses down anyway so it doesn’t really matter which side the lever is on!

cp

my XT’s from Rose came with all the bits needed to change/shorten hoses – olives, hose clamp, pad blocks etc… just need a sharp knife to cut the hose.

No need to bleed if done carefully.

Lots of info in here:-

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-xt-m785-brakes

perthmtb
    Free Member

As he ^^ says, you need to cut the hoses anyway. My SLX from BikeComponents.DE came with two spare olives and inserts plus the clamp to hold the hose while you put the inserts in.

Coyote
    Free Member

Is there a wrong way? I ride L/H front, R/H rear. Is that wrong?

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks Everyone 🙂

danielgroves
    Free Member

Coyote –

Is there a wrong way? I ride L/H front, R/H rear. Is that wrong?

I believe that is the european way of doing things. They tend to be run the opposite way around, unless i’ve forgotten since I got off my bike last 😯

Back to the original question
    Rose bikes do ship brakes the wrong way round for the UK. My XTs took no more than five minuted to swap the hoses round though, and no bleed was required.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RE: Brakes from .DE sites’ is closed to new replies.