Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • r/c rock crawlers.
  • racefaceec90

even though i have only owned a manta ray as a teen,i must admit to having a hankering after an axial jeep (like in this video). [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y92uQu4g8Yc[/video]

watching videos of them climbing trails looks like great fun 😀

even though i have no need of an r/c buggy am still wanting to save for one 😳

anyone else do rock crawling?

andyl
    Free Member

I don’t really get RC rock crawling.

Real rock crawling – yes.

Fast RC cars blasting round – yes.

Slow RC cars going up some rocks – no.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I think RC cars, planes, helicopters etc are all great fun and I’ve certainly had RC Buggies all my life but I just don’t get the whole RC Rock Crawling thing. It just seems really odd.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

I don’t really get RC rock crawling.

I did/do – to some extent. I’ve got one, an old Venom Creeper. I also bought an Axial XR10, built it up and played with it a wee but and then realised I needed to spend a not unreasonable amount to get it to do anything that the Venom couldn’t do – so sold it.

I spent probably a four-figure sum on RC cars and kit over a two-year period several years ago but found that I enjoyed building and tinkering more than actually doing anything with the cars themselves.

andyl
    Free Member

I spent probably a four-figure sum on RC cars and kit over a two-year period several years ago but found that I enjoyed building and tinkering more than actually doing anything with the cars themselves.

I can understand that. At least the rock crawlers can be put on a shelf and look good.

Race RC cars are never pretty after a few races.

racefaceec90

i am odd 😉

i just like the thought of seeing just how steep/complex terrain i could get up/down e.t.c

i do like all other forms of r/c also but this just appeals to me tbh.also i can think of some good spots close to home i could use it.

the jeeps also look cool (and isn’t that what it’s all about 😉

flange
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a losi desert buggy xl. 23cc’s of shin demolition and neighbour annoyance

iolo
    Free Member

That video was ok for a minute but became repetitive and uninteresting for any longer.
    Maybe I’m a childish old fool but wouldn’t the car have looked better with an action man put in the driver’s seat?

DrP

I quite enjoy the indoor crawling videos! Climbing up the sofa etc!

I must get my traxxas revo 3.3 up and ruining again!

DrP

trail_rat
    Free Member

Meh ,rc rock crawling sucks. Americans rock crawling sucks

Look up rockrods videos. Looks slightly more appealing in a – destroy all your kit on an hourly basis kind o way

Im more a winch challenge kinda guy though, more calculated imo rather than do or die like the american versions.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I have a smaller 1/18 scale losi mini rock crawler, I have to say it’s great fun. I like the challenge of finding a route up/over all sorts of things (being a motorcycle trials rider it comes naturally!) My vehicle being smaller means there are lots more challenges in the house/garden/workshop than the 1/10 scale vehicles.
    Plus I can drive it outside in the rain on the rockery whilst sitting inside at the window with a brew.

demonracer

I’ve been hooked on Crawling for the last 3 or 4 years, scalers are more fun than out and out crawlers in my opinion. You’ll not go far wrong with an Axial Wraith or SCX10, plenty of scope to improve them too.

Here’s some of mine …

flange
    Free Member

Are they lipo?

demonracer

Yes, I run all my R/C cars on Lipo power now (if the question was aimed at me)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘r/c rock crawlers.’ is closed to new replies.