Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • RAWK PSA – Thunder
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Doing a rather excellent acoustic set at Planet Rock Towers right now. Live in their FaceAche page.

Danny’s got some serious pipes on him, and thankfully isn’t dancing!

verses

Are they promoting a last ever tour?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Is Harry James still on drums?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Coorrrrrr, blimey.

Dad Rock 😘

keithd
    Free Member

Wanted to see Thunder for years after hearing reports of brilliant gigs and finally got to see them last year. Travelled from Cumbria to see them at Hammersmith and was drastically underwhelmed. Just another rock band I thought. Still like the music and like you say Flashy, Danny has a great set of lungs but my illusions were shattered!

bikebouy
    Free Member

They were on Andertons TV (YouTube) if you want a rundown of the gear and some improv stuff..

I’m not a fan (can you tell?) but they most certainly can play a tune, and live too..

Northwind

Still regret seeing them on tour with Skin back in like 1932 or something, it was the night before one of my standard grades and I was forbidden.

MartynS

Still have my white les Paul custom (copy) signed by the original band!

Saw then a few times, always a brilliant show. Might have to dig out “backstreet symphony tomorrow!

mattbee

Stumbled across an album launch party at XLs in Birmingham one wet evening inthe late ‘90s.
    Ended up drinking with them for quite a few hours & came away with a load of white label copies of the album, signed t shirts etc…
    Was never a huge fan tbh although I thought they were ok. They weren’t the worst band on the set list when I saw them at Donnington a few years before that, IMO that was WASP…

CountZero

Saw Thunder many years ago supporting someone or other, may even have been Thin Lizzy.
    Never felt any overwhelming desire to see them again.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’m well into my rock music ..but I’ve always thought Thunder were pretty crap..
    Once read a review somewhere that compared Danny’s vocals to Paul Rodgers..nearly pissed myself laughing..
    In his dreams!

MoreCashThanDash

Saw them supporting Bon Jovi and Van Halen in 95? on a baking hot day at Don Valley stadium. One of the best live bands I’ve seen, no fancy set, lights or pyrotechnics, just stood there and rocked it out.

Cougar

First band I ever saw live. Donington ’90. Hell of a first gig.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoyed their cover version of “I’m a believer “ by the Monkees, on yesterday’s Michael Ball radio programme on the transistor radiogram.

No, I’m not joking.

Yes, it really was good.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Always liked them live.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘RAWK PSA – Thunder’ is closed to new replies.