Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Rate My Wheels
  • plus-one

kimbers

tomhoward

They don’t match.

They.
    Don’t.
    Match.

*Goes for a lie down*

hols2
    Free Member

They don’t match.

They may match his costume, or eye color, or something.

Valves and tyre logos not aligned. Major infraction.

Poopscoop

You monster!!

sharkattack

Is this your new riding kit?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so people actually do buy skin walls?

BearBack
    Free Member

Not sure about that colorway.

mattyfez

I’d just like to thank STW.. This thread has properly made me laugh.

Northwind

It’s a yes from me.

But otoh Ibexes are just rubbish highrollers and what sort of a name is svelt?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Wheels….. Cool.
    Tyres…… No.

plus-one

Class I knew stw would tell it as it is 🙂

I’m a sucker for a skinwall they might be horrendous but they look good(to my very bad eyes)

They are the onza equivalent to my current Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph combo I hope !!

tomhoward

Valves and tyre logos not aligned. Major infraction.

Christ, I hadn’t even noticed that.

OP, what mismatching monstrosity will you be ruining further with those things?

Poopscoop

plus-one

Brilliant!!

The wheels and tyres are the subtle bits 🙂

kayak23

You might want to look at some protective cover patches for the arms of those chairs.

You have some pronounced wear starting to show itself at the bend where the hands naturally rest.

tthew

Did you build them yourself? I did these. You can’t see it on the photo but the hub labels align with the valves and text on the rim stickers both read from the left.

rickmeister

Even the spokes are different….

But I do like a good bit of pebbledash… reminds me of a curry night out in Manchester

matt_outandabout

That air vent is close to ground level – do you not get rain slashing in?

Wheels, I quite like the sheer confidence to buy what you like, not what fashion dictates.

Like this

russyh
    Free Member

Onza Ibex…🤢 love tan walls me, but they are the worse tyres I ever used. I was amazed how a tyre can be so draggy with little grip, braking support and traction.

plus-one

Here’s the frame and saddle

hols2
    Free Member

plus-one

@tthew I’m cured of most of my ocd 😉

Mismatch is the new matchy 🙂

Bez

You can’t see it on the photo but the hub labels align with the valves and text on the rim stickers both read from the left.

I apologise if this pisses on your chips but convention is for the rim stickers to read from the right…

njee20
    Free Member

Ignoring the horrific decals, and the shit looking tyres which you’ve not even fitted properly, they’re not actually a matching pair of wheels. So I rate them individually at 1/10, and combined a solid 0. Well done. Probably the worst pair of wheels I’ve ever seen. I assume you didn’t pay money for them?

Bez

I actually like the OP’s rim decals. But that’s with the caveat that they need to be attached to something that makes those colours work. And, given that everything else about those wheels is a mismatched clusterfudge of giving zero fudges about aesthetics, I’m not entirely optimistic that they will be.

So I’m going to see your 0/10 and raise you a -1/10, on the grounds that someone with some nous could have actually made those decals work, and they’ve just been wasted.

Yak

I can see where the OP is going with this. I did the same, had onza skin walls on a hot pink dirty harry with a bunch of mis-matched colours on the finishing kit. Yeah, it stood out.

Unfortunately i snapped the dirty harry and the tyres went mouldy from the inside through the sidewalls in storage. So that, er, purposefully mismatched colour period is done and i don’t need to do it again.

bombjack
    Free Member

No – Sorry, crossmax wheels should always be black and yellow with black walled tyres.
    Its the law.

DezB
    Free Member

crossmax wheels should always be black and yellow

Deemax, shorley? (or Crossmax Enduros maybe)

Did you build them yourself? Asked someone about Mavic Crossmax wheels.. Arf!

tomhoward

I assume this is the OPs car…

plus-one

I love that vw polo 🙂

I’ve had a serious thing for loud colours/colors. Christ I wore some hideous Troop shellsuits and equally garish shirts from Chipie-Replay-Deisel-Verte Valle Ciao etc etc(insert your own 90’s fashion brand)

Can’t even shake it off on most of my bike builds 🙂

Life’s too short for dull colourways 😉

tthew

I apologise if this pisses on your chips but convention is for the rim stickers to read from the right…

I’ll turn the bike round – sorted.

Did you build them yourself? Asked someone about Mavic Crossmax wheels.. Arf!

Alright, alright, I’d just woken up and had a late night previously, building wheels!

Bez

Asked someone about Mavic Crossmax wheels.. Arf!

The one on the left is clearly factory spec, but (and I don’t know my factory onions here) the one on the right has round spokes, silver nipples and no coloured spoke at the valve… possibly a rebuild?

Yak

And it’s a completely different rim.

Bez

Yeah, but the rim’s still from a factory wheel, just not the same type of factory wheel as the yellow one.

Yak

Ok. XA?

plus-one

Bloody new standards I’m not buying 2 new wheels 🙂 New frame is boost so new rear wheel Mavic Crossmax light 27.5 boost. Yes I fitted green decals as I clearly have no taste/Plough my own lonely furrow 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Fit green decals to both and they’d be less awful.

alexnharvey
    Free Member

Remove all the decals would be better.

tomhoward

Remove all the decals would be better

This.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Rate My Wheels’ is closed to new replies.