Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rate my tyre insert
  • RicB

Interesting – although as someone who very rarely damages rims, the main benefit of the foams is being able run lower pressures without the tyre rolling and deforming excessively

poah
    Free Member

not convinced how accurate that is or what it actually tells you.

should also have tested how easy it is to put in and remove on the trail side.

mashr

Published, and I assume funded, by Cushcore, I’ll pass thanks.

Also not convinced that hitting the foam repeatedly in the same spot thousands of times replicates are real world use anyway

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m prepared to believe Cushcore is at least a little better than most inserts on the market but I’d like to see them add a bar chart for the cost of each

greyspoke
    Free Member

Where is that from? On its own, it doesn’t say what exactly it is that is being measured.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Where is that from? On its own, it doesn’t say what exactly it is that is being measured.

The pics seem pretty self explanatory? Measure the force to bottom out on. The rim at various angles, bash it with a blunt edge till it falls apart, repeat the first test.

My only gripe with the method is it seems they tested everything else to failure which makes the after results a bit worse. I’d have thought a better result would be £/cycles on the basis that the worse ones would just get replaced once damaged.

I’ve got 30mm backing rod in my CX bike, in that application it doesn’t do much other than let you ride (gingerly) home with a completely flat tyre, I doubt it adds much cushioning.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Oh totally it is complete rubbish. But interesting rubbish

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rate my tyre insert’ is closed to new replies.