Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Rate my piccy's
  • righog
    Free Member

A few years back I was living in a town house in the city and driving up to Northumberland, to build my wooden house. I am not sure what caused it, god knows I was busy enough, but maybe because I could only see a very small amount of the sky where I was living, and then the massive sky’s and views of Northumberland, I started to paint, never done it before ( felt a bit like Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters), because I was building the wooden house at the time I painted them on wooden boards that I made up with stuff lying around.

They look Ok on the walls in the house and I have done a few big ones on canvass since ( which I used some more interesting techniques)

I have kinda stopped doing it now, but have a few boards sitting in the garage, so I thought a thread on here might either get me going at it again or stop me dead in the water.

Anybody else done something similar ? Post your stuff here !

Here are some of them.

I call them landlines.

dazzlingboy

very cool – I like! Esp the triptych stylee one.

samuri
    Free Member

I think they’re pretty good.

nbt

I like those

iolo
    Free Member

I’m not so keen

twoniner
    Free Member

I like them, pretty chilled out. 8)

righog
    Free Member

4-1 So far looks like I might paint up the remaining boards 😀

Anybody else done something similar ?

Diane
    Free Member

I really like the first and third ones – they feel like a lanscape painting that isn’t trying to be more than roughly painted wood, quite enchanting – if that makes sense

porlus
    Free Member

First one for me. Like it a lot.

butcher

I like the first one. I see beach. And water. And the imperfections in the wood become people. Quite cool really!

butcher

Now go find that spaceship. I reckon it’ll be on a beach.

righog
    Free Member

I am on the spaceship now 😆

Northwind

I really like those… You can see what you want in them, or you can just appreciate them for the play of colours.

I know nowt about art but I’d have those on the wall. Especially the top one.

saxabar
    Free Member

1 and 3 for me too – a really nice effect.

Neil-F
    Free Member

2 & 4 for me, cool. 😀
    Amazing how simple amazing art can be really.

bigG
    Free Member

1 is OK, not so keen on the others. My dad does a bit of artwork, here’s one of his. I’m crap at it so I only paint walls and doors

righog
    Free Member

bigG.. I have done a lot more doors and walls than paintings 🙂

I really like your Dad’s painting, to me he is trying to capture the same feeling I have for being outside ( but doing it better)

I found a pic of another one that is in my brothers house, a bit different from the others.

user-removed
    Free Member

Utilising the grain of the wood to mirror the lines in the sand and sea, using ‘found’ objects from the environment whence they came? Turner beckons my friend!

Seriously though, the more vague the paint, and the more prominent the underlying material, the better I like them. One and three work very well – the triptych less so – it looks more…. obviously manipulated?

Garry_Lager

Like them, #3 in particular.

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

I like the first one the shark looks huge

Bunnyhop

Really like the first. I too see a beach with clear blue sunny day sea.

Love your wooden house even more.

Are they for sale?

rewski
    Free Member

My dad does a bit of artwork

massive under statement, your dad is very talented. OP I’m sure the photos don’t do these justice, number two is lovely I think the more subtle colours work better with the wood grain, I’m a big fan of sax impey’s sea paintings, you should check them out, he was at sea in a huge storm for hours, bit like turner.

righog
    Free Member

Bunnyhop… Thanks and not really thought about selling them.

rewski.. Checked out Sax Impeys website he is trueley talented.

Anyhoo I guess the the thread has worked and I will do a couple more, first for at least a year. 😀

Would still like to see what you or friends and family have done.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Rate my piccy's’ is closed to new replies.