Rate my bike

Home Forum Bike Forum Rate my bike

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Rate my bike
  • allthegear

The orange orange. No idea why

Rachel

coogan

None. Don’t like the stye of any of them. Never been a fan of Oranges and hate swoopy downtubes. Giant if I had to chose one.

Rorschach

4,c+,27.43% not in that order.

maxtorque

Would be good pictures if it weren’t for that horrible industrial angular monstrosity you have included in them. Oh, and the Trig point is quite ugly too…………. Only kidding! Orange Orange for me!

Merak

Not helpful but I don’t like any of them either. No offence, I don’t think any full suspension bikes look nice. 🙁

nixon

The Giant for me, I like the curved down tube, and it’s a nice colour scheme. Not a fan of the swing arms on the other two, much prefer the standard triangle look.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

The orange orange. No idea why

sunny day, innit

Out of those, for you, the bottom ones looks like it fits you the best.

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

The Orange Gyro, not a pretty bike but looks the best proportionally, its the one I’d choose if the three were lined up. The orange Orange looks goofy with too long a seatpost and stem and the forks look spindly compared to the downtube. The Giant is ok but not something I’d spend any great time looking at if at all, pretty bland but functional I guess.

saxabar

Definitely the orange Orange for me, although I’m a fan of the ‘timeless’ utilitarian Orange look.

warton

do you currently own all three of those bikes?

Hareydan

The middle one, cos I don’t like bendy tubes

ska-49

Has to be the gyro. The scafolding looks in proportion to the wheels and theres no funny bent tubes. Just the colour I dont like.

Premier Icon Beagleboy
    Subscriber

The Orange 5 first, then the Gyro (which I do quite like the look of), and lastly the Giant. The curvy tubes on the Giant give me the heebie-jeebies, sorry.

Definitely the Five is the nicest though. Although I may be slightly biased. 😀

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Out of those based purely on looks I prefer the Giant. If the question was which bike I’d prefer it would be the Gyro.

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

Based purely on looks, which of these three do you prefer (and why)?

they’re all bloody awful, but ye cannae beat the view from Cairn William.

Premier Icon soundninjauk
    Subscriber

The Gyro looks the best to me. It just seems more ‘right’ than the others.

stufive

Dont like the waggon wheeler or the giant TBH so it 1 to the five for me 😆

organdonor

Based purely on looks

Man, they’re three fugly bikes. I couldn’t bring myself to choose any of those based on looks. Sorry.

fenred

The one with the proper size wheels.

stufive

But theres two with proper sized wheels? 😉

Trance, the other two look like £300 Halfords bikes (but I know they ride better!)

_tom_

The Giant, because it’s not an Orange.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

none, giants are ugly, the first orange (apart from being orange like) has a fugly gravity dropper and the last one has stupidly out of proportion wheels. Strangely the fugly giant would probably look better with the big wheels….

(sorry)

bikeneil

That Giro looks like it has a 26″ front wheel…

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

The Gyro is least worst, if being generous.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

The Giant and the 5 have …

… stupidly out of proportion wheels …

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

My question would be, why do you have three similar bikes? Surely a waste of money, you could have a 29er hard tail, a short travel full sus and a long travel full sus to replace them…..

6079smithw

The orange filing cabinet in the middle.

Curved tubes just look like you’ve crashed and bent it

bigbloke

Orange Gyro for me it looks more balanced.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

My question would be, why do you have three similar bikes?

He doesn’t, he’s doing demos.

I spend too much time on here.

mrblobby

It’s like having to pick one of the three ugly sisters. Umm if I had to I’d probably pick the orange five. Probably more the photo and angle than anything else.

Edit: probably because it’s the one in the most sunshine!

Trimix

The swoopy down tube spoils the look of the Giant. As for the filing cabinet, well the Orange one realy as its an Orange.

But you will need to ditch that shite dropper post and get a nicer one.

Based on purely looks I would rather walk, but if my life depended on making a choice then the orange orange.

sbob

Hareydan – Member

The middle one, cos I don’t like bendy tubes

Likewise.

Red orange for me, love that colour and thing the orange oranges are a bit over done.

All horrid I’m afraid 😉

Based on the frame designs Definitely the Five. I like Oranges style, like they mean business!
    The Giant is hideous that swoopy downtube just looks w*nk. The Gyro being a 29 just looks like a five with a deformity.
    saying that, as complete bikes and as depicted by the photos the Gyro does look the nicer bike… Strangely…

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

Thanks folks, that was very interesting. Even when the question was purely about the aesthetics it seems hard for us to ignore our preconceived notions about the bikes themselves and just focus on the look. Some people obviously didn’t want to admit to even being able to bear any of them, which was quite funny and others ignored the question all together in favour of jumping to conclusions about why I might own these bikes even though I never said I did (and don’t, or at least not all of them).

I’ve tried this question out on a few non-cycling friends and family and as you might expect the responses are very different. So far, none of those people have even noticed the different sized wheels. Not even when asked to list 10 differences between the two Orange bikes! That could be partly due to that fact that the Five is a medium and the Gyro a large, so the wheels and frame are both scaled up a bit.

Anyway, it was just a bit of fun. Thanks for playing.

ps. For those who liked the Five, the frame should be up on ebay soon. Bid early and bid often 🙂

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

None of them.
    They all seem to be stuck in a gaylords gear.

Semi seriuos answer.
    You seem to keep asking the same questions on here over and over again.
    Maybe you should just bite the bullet and buy another bike.
    You seem to have no idea what you want and I’d say the only way you’ll find out is by trying to live with a few different bikes.That way you’ll get more of an idea what you really want. 🙂

There is no magic answer and no one on here can tell you what want to hear.
    Sorry if that sound blunt but someone needs to say it.

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

No, I think you may be interpreting the questions the same way and jumping to your own conclusions there. This was simply a bit of fun to see if people’s view of which bike looked better was really just based on how they looked or more on their preconceptions of the bikes themselves. I did indeed pick some bikes that I’ve ridden (and in two cased lived with for a fair while), but that was just so save me hunting through Google images.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

TBF you do seem to keep asking the same question but dressing it up in other ways.

At the end of the day you need to make your own mind up on what you like and what you don’t.

What other people think is kind of irrelevant. 🙂

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Rate my bike’ is closed to new replies.