RATBOY!!!!!!!!!

Home Forum Bike Forum RATBOY!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • RATBOY!!!!!!!!!
  • Well done Ratboy, Hill, Rach, Mannon and Emmeline πŸ™‚

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I bet the rest of the field wish they could be half as relaxed as ratboy.

Santa Cruz syndicate now have three WC champs and two world champs. Soon to be three hopefully.

passtherizla

over the moon for simmonds! Go ratboy you legend. Manon rules.

spoiler schmoiler! it didn’t reveal who won the race did it!?!?! he would have had to come 25th not to win the champs, and if you’d been following it you’d know this anyway. If you haven’t been following why would you care about the final.

MEH.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

he would have had to come 25th not to win the champs

Only after the other runs had gone down, it was 4th at the start of the day and considering the number of punctures etc. it was never in the bag. More a rant about the “I’ll post whatever thread title I want and **** you all” attitude.

passtherizla

yeah can see that in all fairness. doesn’t hurt to type SPOILER in the title does it.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

as it doesn’t actually cost any more to send another 7 letters over the internet πŸ™‚

allthepies

Agreed, can the mods please amend the thread title to “SPOILER: RATBOY!!!!!”

πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Anyone who cared enough wouldn’t be on here before they’d seen the replay.

I made the same mistake… once. I don’t expect the rest of the forum to pander to my needs.

emsz

So so so pleased for Manon that’s so cool. 8)

Still think Rach is the fastest out there at the minute though, the rest have to rely on her having a off day. She beat Manon by 6 seconds!!

who won the mens? 😈 πŸ˜†

Premier Icon Speeder
    Subscriber

Mike it’s not a spoiler, it’s MTB news. The golden rule is that if you want to maintain the surprise until you watch something “as live” you keep off the internet. It’s a personal responsibility thing.

Anyway how would “Spoiler Ratboy!” be any different to “Ratboy!!!” it doesn’t tell you anything in the title and if you don’t want to know what happens don’t click on it. If it was Ratboy – World Cup Champion!!!! I’d have a little sympathy but as it is, none. You’re just whinging.

justatheory

Congratulations Rat Boy! Met him at North West Mountain Bike Centre and he was exactly the same in person, nice guy. Also saw him ripping up Farmer John’s once, which was inspiring and demoralising in equal measure.

Congrats to Manon too! It’s a shame they don’t get more coverage, they are World Champs in an ultra competitive, dangerous, exciting sport that takes skill, balls and dedication to win.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I’m not whinging, I watched it live. You obviously missed the thread that were actually talking about it as it happened under that title world cup round. Having seen all of the other mtb news sites managed to avoid giving the game away.

Of course I assume the best thing to do is announce everything as it happens.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Still think Rach is the fastest out there at the minute though, the rest have to rely on her having a off day. She beat Manon by 6 seconds!!

I reckon Manon was riding to finish, while Rachel was riding to win.

But yeah, I’d put my money on Rach for the World Champs!

Good job Ladbrokes don’t offer odds on DH really.

discoduck

My word there are some precious people on here,

It’s come to something when people are moaning on behalf of others !
    “I watched it live I’ve just picked up the Mantle and cryed SPOILER on behalf of others”

Get a **** grip !

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

Any ideas on the team results?

discoduck

I’m not sure a Cycling Forum is the best media source for discussing overall standings on Individuals or team standings,

There’s probably some one in Kuala Lampur who’s not up yet and not had chance to check on yesterday’s race results so in the interests of those who need protecting from their own stupidity it’s probably best we all stick to discussing diets, carb loading and narrow wide chain rings.

dannyh

fervouredimage – Member
    Sure he comes across as a bit of a pillock,
    No he doesn’t. He comes across as a young lad who enjoys what he does, is good at what he does and celebrates accordingly without the middle class, middle aged anxieties and overwhelming self awareness and pretentiousness that is so readily expressed on here.

That’s a bit of a ‘chip on shoulder’ answer.

As far as I am concerned he does come across as a bit of a pillock. But then I imagine if I could go back in time twelve years and meet my former self I would think “he’s a bit of a pillock”. You’d probably think that if you met me now πŸ™‚

Anyway, my point was really that although he does the boozing and dicking about, he has knuckled down where it matters. One of the many reasons I like watching the DH is that there really is no substitute for skill and cat-like reflexes. Yes, it has become markedly more professional in the last ten years, but if you haven’t got the raw talent, no amount of physical training will get you to the top.

Watching him purr down that course was brilliant. If you watched his run alongside most of the others, you would swear he was going slower, but the languid way he held speed was something else.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Wonder if Minnaar will continue with DH next year or switch to Enduro.

Be good to see that, perhaps with the Syndicate signing a female DH racer.

dannyh

Wonder if Minnaar will continue with DH next year or switch to Enduro.

On the face of it, he is made for enduro (as well as being a legendary DH rider as well, obviously).

discoduck

Dannyh, I totally agree with your comments re Ratboys run down the hill. He looked slower than any of the others so much so I was gritting my teeth at the 2nd split,

Peaty is Old School, there’s no mistaking that, beer Pizzas and No training, he and the likes of Warner were not what you might call pro racers, but then the DH scene in the early 90’s was in its infancy so we knew no difference and they were pushing the sport and bike technology on in leaps and bounds

Fast forward ten years or so and the Athertons were marketed as the new wave in British MTBing, clean well spoken and toned, there’s no doubting that all 3 could and still can ride a bike but this was a bit of a wake up call because some riders started working out and fitness levels were soon as important as skill and if you had the two then all you had to do was remain upright on the bike and the combination of the two split the field.

RATBOY!!!! Sorry I nicked that from elsewhere,
    The next generation, these guys and gals have lived through the Evolving DH scene and cut their teeth on the basics which were serious DH runs 20 years ago. I think the way RATBOY rides a bike is effortless, it’s almost like he’s not trying, he’s a massive game changer and the next wave in Cycling DH. He has realised that he’s got more than enough to compete and win and you can see he has changed from last season to this and as he matures he will probably learn the words to the National Anthem, stop showing his arse everywhere altho Peaty still does it at 40 ? So maybe not,

Minaar will prob go ride ENDURO but I reckon Peaty Will end up in British Cycling some where, or managing the Syndicate team first ?

Either way the next few years are going to be interesting, if only to see look on Gee Athertons face πŸ™‚

deviant

Gee will be around for years, he’s Minaar mk2.
    Fit, professional and a good skill set… I reckon he has another WC and/or WC series win in him.
    Seeing him do the Redbull rampage stuff convinces me they’ll never be able to make a DH course that is too much for him and his dedication to keeping fit and strong will see him right for a few years yet.

Also looking forward to seeing Hill back to his best over a full season next year!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Considering Minaar had knee surgery in the off season was wearing a brace for it and got in a fairly serious sounding car crash last week I reckon he’s done OK. Not over for him and I reckon he will be back firing next year.

The enduro circuit just upped it’s game with the 8 rounds and the brutality of some of the rounds. It’s not a retirement village.

discoduck

No I agree, but it’s a good way to extend your career by a few years.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Either way the next few years are going to be interesting, if only to see look on Gee Athertons face

Genuine LOL. That’s cruel.

Minnarr could still mix it with the top five when he’s better, absolutely – but he’s done it all already and he’s such a competitor. I just dunno if he’ll wanna hang around.

And he’s Mr Consistency, which is arguably the most important thing in enduro. I’d really like to see him taking on Graves, Clementz etc.

Looking at the calendar for next year, I reckon Sam Hill will take the overall – hopefully clinching it in the final round at Val di Sol.

Not as wishful thinking as it would’ve sounded last week, eh?

cfinnimore

On another note, Nigel Page is becoming a personal hero for what he’s doing with Team CRC, absolutely brilliant.

mindmap3

I like Josh. He’s a young lad who has a laugh along the way and seems to have loads of confidence this year. He looks totally effortless on a bike and seems like someone you could have a laugh with.

I’m sure most of us got up to silly shenanigans when we were his age…I know I did.

Well done to Manon too. She’s had a really good season and looks as though she’ll be there or thereabouts next season. Rachel is a beast though within the ladies category and will remain as the one to beat.

Good to see other UK rides having good seasons too.

Premier Icon Speeder
    Subscriber

chakaping – Member

What? Who? I hadn’t spotted that anywhere.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

It was my idea. It hasn’t actually happened.

But if it does, I’ll take the credit.

jaffejoffer

Any links to the post race interview??

ElShalimo

Who is Ratboy?
    Can we form a focus group and fix his terrible rodent-based disease? I’m almost nearly quite concerned.

JCL

In celebration of Josh’s win here’s the best little bike riding video of all time.

[video]http://vimeo.com/57828299[/video]

Absurd skills.

that’s a good point about the Chain Reaction team. Lots of talented riders to come through too hopefully.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Yeah Mike Jones has been the revelation of the year for me, he’s either gonna win a race or get seriously injured (touch wood not).

6079smithw

Ratboy did great to get on the podium on the day with all that pressure.
    Hands down Sports Personality of the year regardless of whatever the BBC says

jaffejoffer

Was great watching it in a pub in Peebles, full of riders!

grubbish

Ok well this is the first time I’ve looked at this thread since I first posted it and yes maybe I should’ve put spoiler but to be honest when I’m watching the DH later I completley stay off the internet it’s just common sense really as I’m signed up to all sorts of news feeds. At the time I was very excited by the racing one of the best years in a long time in my opinion and I’d had a couple of beers so putting spoiler up didn’t even enter my head, sorry. But what a season! Come on RATBOY!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘RATBOY!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.