Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rat race the crossing
  • trevron73
    Free Member

I wanted to do the Mega this year for my 40th, but gettting a full suspension rig is putting it out of financial sense and reach. So i have been thinking about the Rat race crossing ,the cost looks high? although they take care of the logistics so 3 days riding for £345 and all the boring stuff taken care of, it doesn’t quite have the Mega’s epic tag though , any thoughts on something to mark this milestone this year /summer

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

for £350 you could have a great time with mates in nicer b&b’s with plenty of drink on the sustrans route or just go to scotland and a weekend of riding. But you’d have to arrange it yourself.

tomd
    Free Member

If you’re not “racing it”, the cost seems a bit much. I was interested but just couldn’t justify that kind of cash, would be £500-600 weekend by the time I got myself there, food and accommodation the night before the start.

Why not organise a multi day ride yourself? Plenty of options in Scotland and you could put the cash towards a treat for the bike and decent accommodation. Tour de Cairngorms perhaps?

r17anm
    Free Member

Would it be frowned upon to just turn up and tag along 🙂

stavromuller
    Free Member

Mary Townley Loop with a mate?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I had a look at this racing as a pair, then I realised the cost was per person. Sorry but they are taking the piss. Do the c2c or whw or something, stay in nicer places and enjoy it.

rickmeister

Plan B, give Andy McKenna at Go-Where a call. He does brilliant trips that are tried and tested in great locations.

And he is a top bloke.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rat race the crossing’ is closed to new replies.