Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Rare record club. What you got?
  • curvature
    Free Member

I have that Metalheadz one too! Mine is a cd.

weare138
    Free Member

I have the Mo’Wax blue and green 12″ box sets with 4 records in each. Also got the Headz 2 comps, both boxed. Also Headz 1 double album.
    Also got lots of early Iron Maiden stuff like coloured vinyls and shaped picture discs.

mcnultycop

About 3000 records in the living room including some super rare Northern Soul. Some potentially worth thousands. I can’t sell a record though.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’ve got my generation by the who somewhere, no sleeve though.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

7″ ‘ace of spades’ by motorhead .

7″ Y&T ‘mean streak’ in picture disc.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Got rid of all my punk ages ago, had some pretty rare Damned stuff but I still don’t think they were worth much even today , my biggest problem was keeping them in good nick as when your 13 years old listening in your bedroom at full blast on your ready fusion record player stuff tends to get damaged

plumber
    Free Member

I have every Chromakey/kevin moore disc released including ltd editions

seem to be worth quite a bit on the fan forums

Original Glen Burtnick – talking in code

I just cant be bothered with all this ‘worth’ bollocks Id rather just give it away to someone who thinks its valuable and will use it

DezB
    Free Member

Happy Mondays ‘Baby Big Head’ bootleg, later got a official release I think.
    Joy Division bootleg thing someone offered me a fair few quid for once.
    Can’t remember what else. I think I nicked a Pistols ‘Holidays in the Sun’ 7″ on Virgin off my brother – still got that.
    Faith No More ‘Midlife Crisis’ pic disc.
    I’m sure there are others, never sell em though.

verses

Just remembered I also have GnR Paradise City on a gun shaped picture disc with a holster shaped sleeve.

I also have Little Angel’s “Too Posh to Mosh” Ep, which I believe is rare, but also not really in demand 🙂

bearnecessities

Pearl Jam, Alive on 5″ red vinyl. Just Googled it (it’s not the reissue), seems worth a few quid!

failedengineer

‘Only the strong survive’ Jerry Butler. Bought it in 1970 for 30 shillings when a single was 7s 6d. I’ll get my coat …. or rather, my mohair suit jacket with the 18″ vent and two ticket pockets …..

shermer75
    Free Member

zippykona- is that the same as the ‘wonderful day’ ep? I remember that being worth about £100 back in ’92….

DezB
    Free Member

Motown Junk by The Manics.

Got the 12″ – is that rare?

teasel
    Free Member

I have a translucent yellow 12″ version of Walking On Music. I won it by successfully charting a yacht course to the Azores (a Radio 210 competition in the late seventies). Hate the tune but keep it for nostalgic reasons.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Celtic Frost – Emperors Return picture disc I would piccy it but it’s a tad rude for this forum perhaps. Got others too but this is the only one I can remember.

Oh yeah also got the Sub-Pop 200 box set which is worth some money

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve got a few Guns’n’Roses shaped picture discs and an original 1989 ‘Appetite for Destruction’ vinyl album with the banned ‘robot rape’ cover.

I’ve been selling my record collection over the last few months to fund construction of my man-shed, I think I’ve made about £1400 out of it so far.
    However it is now ‘on-hold’ as we’re having some work done on the house, and have had to move out.
    I did sell a 12″ copy of ‘Goodbye Horses’ by Q Lazzarus for £320 a couple of months ago!

zippykona

zippykona- is that the same as the ‘wonderful day’ ep? I remember that being worth about £100 back in ’92….

Posted 46 minutes ago #Report-Post
    That’s the one.

DezB
    Free Member

Still going for around 60 quid – http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1018304&ev=rb

I always thought Unbearable was their first single!

zippykona

Should have got Rob to sign it. He was always in The Ship in Croydon.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a signed Senseless Things demo 12″! Doubt there’s much demand for it though!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve a mint condition, double-gatefold ‘No Code’ by Pearl Jam, complete with ‘Polaroids’.

Also have a complete set of 18 ‘Djangologie’ LPs, the 1970’s EMI release. A wonderful, wonderful catalogue of recordings from 1928 to 1950.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Rare record club. What you got?’ is closed to new replies.