Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rapid rise…anyone use?
  • whattyre
    Free Member

I bought one by mistake and wondered if anyone uses them at all…I had a bike with it on once and it was terrible

I may have one or sale 😉

dobo
    Free Member

they work perfectly fine, i like it, i even have it on my cx bike with campag levers 🙂

wwaswas

I love RR.

with two multiple release trigger shifters it just seems to make a lot of sense to me.

I never tried it with flappy brake levers mind.

Northwind

As long as you only have rapidrise, it’ll probably be fine. If you have some of both, you’ll end up having some sort of psychotic episode next time you have to adjust a mech.

fasthaggis

Yup,put one on my winter bike when the original got trashed.
    It takes a few minutes to tune in to it ,but I quite like it. Like you I bought it by mistake ages ago ,and couldn’t be bothered sending it back.

whattyre
    Free Member

Good ill put it in the classifieds then…..just thought no one used em

kimbers

I love mine, just makes more sense to me (also not with flappy brake lever)

sadly ive got 10 speed on 1 bike now and shimano have abondoned it so ill prob have to ditch it eventually 🙁

tk46hal
    Free Member

I have always used R/R with 9 speed because my first bike came with it. It’s a shame Shimano don’t do them in 10 speed. It can be a little confusing when switching between the two but you get used to it.

alpin
    Free Member

used it for ages… really like it. in fact i still have the first one i ever had on my hack bike. an old LX one that must be about 8-9 years old by now.

i’ve got one spare in the bits box plus another two that have seen better days. i should really stock up and buy another before they are too much of a rarerity.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

defo a fan(much more positive as spring works better in that direction) but me too moved to 10 speed on summer bike so only on my winter bike. was thinking of trying a set of 10 speed jockey wheels in a 9 speed mech to see if it works

scaredypants

put it on a road bike* – more intuitive than std IMO

*unless it’s long cage – they’ll string you up, boy !

verticalclimber
    Free Member

had a long cage on my cotic x commuter!! died last week so went for medium

Taff
    Free Member

I currently have normal on a new bike but really miss RR. Should be industry standard

DickBarton

Personally, I love it and reckon all mechs should work this way…far more sensible using a spring to aid the mechanism to shift a chain to a bigger cog than the other way around…

What mech is it? (and potentially, how much?)

mmel
    Free Member

And no one has mentioned the fact that you can happily shift down under load, just mash and shift and up the hill you go!

whattyre
    Free Member

Xt low normal m770 sgs….£42 posted if ya want it.mail in profile… 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Always liked mine – just feels right

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rapid rise…anyone use?’ is closed to new replies.