Rapha, Vulpine etc…

Home Forum Chat Forum Rapha, Vulpine etc…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Rapha, Vulpine etc…
  • Ed2001
    Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

Who else makes moremoneythansense nice, non garish riding kit?

MrSmith

Passione couture

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

Well chuffed with my Vulpine tops. No more expensive than a Pearl Izumi jersey I bought a couple of years ago which stinks before I’ve even put it on. And I’m a girl 😳

Vulpine stuff a bit delicate for gnar though. I put a hole in one top first time I wore it by crashing into a tree in Haldon Forest.

Premier Icon Clink
    Subscriber

Vulpine stuff a bit delicate for gnar though. I put a hole in one top first time I wore it by crashing into a tree in Haldon Forest.

Does that explain your user-name?! 😀

stevious

I’ve got a few tops from torm.cc and am really pleased with the quality.

warton

Don’t buy shutt. Poor quality, dreadful service.

Check out velobici. Not cheap but very nice tops indeed
    Torm are excellent for the money too.

wingnuts

Another satisfied Torm customer here

Dobbo

I like the look of the Torm short sleeve jerseys, any one got a T7 Jersey? How does the sizing come up?

Are they warmer than usual short sleeve jerseys, they look thicker material?

Cheers.

I like the look of the Torm short sleeve jerseys

They look good, but website doesn’t really exlain what the differences are between all the short sleeve jerseys. I shall have to e-mail them.

pebblebeach

I think the difference are style based – some look more like a copy of a rapha yersey than others.

I have a long sleeve torm jersey, its alright, mini pump wore a hole in the centre pocket after a few months use which hasn’t happened with other quality brands.

It’s not the first jersey I reach for and I know rapha is twice the price but their jerseys really are very, very good.

Shutt vr again is alright, nothing special, just alright.

Have a look at donkey label yerseys.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I’ve got some chamios cream by Chapeau
    It’s very good.
    Noticed they had some trendy, over-priced clothing in the shop too.

pebblebeach

Well chuffed with my Vulpine tops. No more expensive than a Pearl Izumi jersey I bought a couple of years ago which stinks before I’ve even put it on. And I’m a girl

Spray some white vinegar on the top, leave for at least 30 minutes before washing in halo detergent – smell will be gone.

Do Passione couture have anything for sale?

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

new howies stuff is nice and ninja.

got the short sleeve slipstream and will be getting the long sleeve when it cools down a bit.

rewski

very very expensive kitsbow

titusrider

Assos and Castelli (only some styles meet your non-garish requirement but you will look very ‘euro pro’)

Premier Icon curiousyellow
    Subscriber

Is that Kitsbow site a serious one?

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

Thanks for the de-stinky tips!

Premier Icon TomB
    Subscriber

CHF, that’s genius, but the kitsbow one is even funnier, if it’s real!

d45yth

The Kitsbow site is real sure enough, plenty of industry folk have been testing the kit. It reminds me of those old Titus ads, that looked like they were for expensive cars and had pictures of blokes with grey hair in them. 😀

jfletch

I’m not sure if I can trust that Torm stuff as they seem to have been playing silly buggers with the banner photo on their site.

http://www.torm.cc/index.html

Which is clearly the top of Mam tor looking down the road as if heading to Edale. But that wall on the right doesn’t exist. WTF?

http://goo.gl/maps/dIQha

back2basics

dats a 2009 google map though, may now be different.

DougD

It looks like the wall does exist in the Google maps shot but it’s just covered by the foliage.

Dobbo

The googlemap wall is no way high enough.

jfletch

I was up there on Sunday morning. I don’t remeber there being a new wall on my left as I rode up (although I was pretty tired having just ridden up from Edale)

Dobbo

Maybe the road had subsided when the picture was taken.

Premier Icon ahwiles
    Subscriber

there’s a wall on street-view…

(a bit hidden by greenery, but it’s there)

I refuse to believe kitsbow is not a spoof, there is too much vacuous marketing drivel for that not to be a p1sstake. Like the JVA Rapha send up taken to a whole new level.

If you can find Cipollini stuff it is usually pretty subtle (especially compared to its namesake) and easily the equal of Assos for quality. Cyclestore have bits and pieces cheap, I’ve just bought a second C130 Jersey I like it that much, £50 and it is FAR better than the 70 quid castelli jersey I recently sent back. Also have some of their roubaix bib tights, all their kit is so comfortable its like wearing nothing but warmer and without the arrests…

damitamit

I’ve had a Torm ss jersey for a year now, used 3-4 times a week commuting. Good fit, good price and less smelly. 🙂

d45yth

I refuse to believe kitsbow is not a spoof

There’s plenty of reviews of their kit out there, some of it here in the UK.

Houns

Kitsbow’s kit looks great, just the sort of kit I want!

Sadly not at that price

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Rapha, Vulpine etc…’ is closed to new replies.