Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • RAPHA v ENDURA
  • MountainMutant
    Free Member

Black merino Baa Baa base layer which has been washed several times versus Cream Rapha Sportswool long sleeve jersey two rides old.

Result. Back of Rapha top looks tie dye from the amount of dye that has come out the Endura top due to my sweat! Gutted!

£100 down the pooper.

Do I have any claim against the Endura rubbish? Or should I embrace my Rapha/Levellers look?

MM

darrell
    Free Member

rapha have should good customer service that they may offer to “clean” it for you

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Certainly speak to Rapha about it

MountainMutant
    Free Member

But the product at fault is the Endura top bleeding it’s dye, even though washed several times.

Will wash the Rapha top when I get home but don’t hold out much hope. Can only hope the dye wont cling to the sports wool.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Most people on here, (large caveat), seem to think Endura have lost it quality wise, although the fault was with the Endura gear Rapha may well be able to do something about it. I’d contact them before washing it.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Why does that stop you wearing it?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Just dye the Rapha thing a darker colour

I_did_dab
    Free Member

if the dye is soluble in sweat – wash it in salty water. Or use a mild OXY bleach…

iainc

darks and lights in the same wash…..schoolboy error….tut tut 😆

finbar
    Free Member

Most people on here, (large caveat), seem to think Endura have lost it quality wise

Endura never had it quality wise.

theboatman
    Free Member

I would start with Endura; as it is their top at fault and I would ask about compensation for the damage the top has caused. Failing that I would talk to Rapha, as my experience of their customer service has been spot on, with them repairing my fixie shorts foc after damaging them in an off which really is no fault of theirs.

iainc

I don’t really think you will get anywhere, but worth a try :

Why Can’t Lights and Darks be Washed Together?

http://www.wisegeek.com/why-cant-lights-and-darks-be-washed-together.htm

Many fabric care instructions specify that lights and darks cannot be washed together. This instruction to separate laundry may seem onerous, but it is important if you want to take care of your fabrics. There are a number of reasons to separate lights and darks. The most important is ensuring that darker colors do not bleed onto lighter ones, causing the lights to stain and discolor in an unsightly way.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I have sent Endura a mail so hopefully get a result.

You can see by the marks that it was obviously NOT a washing mistake! It’s occured where my bag touches my back including the strap all the way round my body. The bag is a North Face thing which is plastic like so no die in that to come out!

MM

iainc

MM – ah, so it happened while you were wearing it ? If so my apologies !

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Yes, sorry I was wearing it on this mornings commute.

Wore same combo yesterday and it was fine but today was warmer so more sweat.

MM

iainc

In that case if it was me I’d phone Endura (their customer service is good but they don’t seem to work on mail, phone seems to get best results) and send them both items, even better if you can include a pic of them being worn, with bag straps, to show how it happened. My guess would be you will get compensated to the full value of both items. Means doing without them for a few weeks though I guess and you might not get a replacemenst Rapha, more likely Endura credit, but you could always punt that on here ?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Will give that a go Iain, did take a pic but wont seem to mail off my phone. Will try at home

iainc

MM – no probs. The one thing I have learned about Endura is that they are very good if you actually speak to them, but much less so at responding to emails.

7hz
    Free Member

I returned a Rapha cream baselayer and got a black one in exchange. I had complained to them that it looked like my grandfathers old vest after using it for a few days. It had got stained with mud.

Wool stains very easily, so I think having a white or cream wool garment for off-road use is never going to work. To be honest, even a wet / muddy road ride would probably mess up a cream baselayer.

BigJohn

Give this a try. As Rapha merino is machine washable at 40c you should be fine.

yunki
    Free Member

darks and lights in the same wash…..schoolboy error….tut tut

agreed

MountainMutant
    Free Member

As said before, this top was being WORN at the time.

here’s a crappy phone pick

MM

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Mixed colours wash? Your own fault I reckon. If I were Endura I think I know what my response would be..

MountainMutant
    Free Member

How many more bloddy times! It was being worn over the black baselayer!!!! Not in a washing machine.

On the front the dye is only where the courior bag strap goes over the shoulder! That wouldn’t look like that if it had happened in a machine!!!!!!!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ah well sorry then.. But Rapha? Overpriced tosh if you ask me 😉 I have both Endura & Rapha Merino & the Endura is just as good at half the price.

It serves you right for being all la di da in yer Rapha top! 😉

lovell
    Free Member

is the rucksack a dark colour?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

It’s the Endura top with the problem…does no one read threads anymore!?

The bag is about 3 years old and is a Northface courior bag with a plastic outer. It’s been used with white tops before. There is no dye/colour to come off the bag. It is leaked dye from the Endura merino.

You can see here where the strap goes over the shoulder it has pulled the dye out.

MM

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Maybe it’s the bag? I’ve worn Endura merino with White, red & black tops & never had a problem. I think your going to have a tough time proving your POV..

fontmoss
    Free Member

i always knew rapha were rubbish and you should never wash lights and darks together

(only kidding 😉 )

ocrider

You really should’nt wear that thing at pubs full of underage drinkers. You’ll only get blue WKD spewed on your back. 😛

Sanny
    Free Member

Interested to hear how Endura respond to this one. That’s really rather a poor show. I have to admit that I’ve given up buying Endura gear after too many poor experiences of their products both by my wife and I.e.g. Waterproof gloves that aren’t, three brand new pairs of longs with gaps in the stitching, chamois splitting apart after less than ten rides, zip failing on my leg warmers, pair of three quarters developing a hole on the space of one road ride, Velcro tab coming off a pair of overshoes after 6 rides, shorts shrinking in the wash. I would love to see them do well as a Scottish company but can’t for the reasons above. Oh and my Event 3/4 s left me with a wet pair of shorts on my 15 minute commute into work on Monday. Sorry but the quality needs to improve if I’m going to buy their products again.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘RAPHA v ENDURA’ is closed to new replies.