Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rapha Supercross – Ally Pally this sun. Sign-on info? Who else is doing it?
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Anyone else doing it this sunday, first time for me (fun race).

Can’t seem to find info anywhere about if we have t sign-on by a certain time etc? Anyone shed nay light?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I think for the fun race you can sign on anywhere up to half hour before the start but don’t quote me directly, there’s a website that might have the info you need.

aP
    Free Member

Its all pre entry AFAIK so as long as you’ve signed on before the start you’ll be ok. Half an hour before should be plenty of time. It might be muddy…

brakes
    Free Member

aaahh fudge! I only live down the road but I’m away this weekend. 😥

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Good stuff about sign on, looked on all websites (entry central, rapha, British cycling) but couldn’t see anything. Plan to get there about 2:30 (race at 3:30) so should be fine.

Just need to get some tequila shot training in now!

project
    Free Member

Went to the Manchester one last weekend, reasonably well organised, plenty of toilets,mud,food,slippy bits, trees and lots of spectators and photographers.

Good day out.

aP
    Free Member

Excerpts from the email sent out by rapha:

DAY LICENSE
    If you don’t have a British Cycling racing license, don’t panic. We can provide you with a day license for £3. If you do have a British Cycling racing license, please remember to bring it to sign on.
    SIGN ON AND PRIZE GIVING
    Sign on will be in the expo area, near the Start/Finish line and will be open 45 minutes before your race. Please do not sign on before this as timing chips may not be available. We’ll announce sign on for each event over the PA.
    SPECTATORS
    This year we have the course running through the Belgian Beer tent, meaning you don’t have to miss a minute of the action when getting in your round and there’ll be a DJ spurring on the riders. Post-ride you can fill up on a selection of gourmet pancakes, meatballs, Hix’s famous fish-dogs, and the Frying Dutchman’s frites & mayo.

pjt201
    Free Member

I’ll be there in the Seniors racing for Bristol CX. Was a tough race last year so expecting more of the same.

aP
    Free Member

30mph winds apparently, we’ll be there from 9 probably, both pairs of wheels set with mud oriented tires, just have to dig out race kit and put it in a bag in the hall. Who else is in then?

nedrapier

Hmmm. also just down the road. Had plans though.

Will they let me in with drop bars and 2.0 Race Kings?

Edit: Nuts. “closing date passed”. I’d have been back for the 3:30 Fun, too.

Think I’ll go up and watch from the beer tent, though!

damitamit
    Free Member

Raced last year. Was great; I got 5 free shots of tequila! 😉

Gonna head down and watch tomorrow at some point.

tang
    Free Member

Staying in Hampstead all week be rude not to pedal over.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Supercross – Ally Pally this sun. Sign-on info? Who else is doing it?’ is closed to new replies.