Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rapha commuter shorts – or alternatives
  • Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Anyone have a pair? On sale at the moment, but reviews are mixed.

After something to hide the full on lycra look for commuting, touring and riding to meet down the pub.

Premier Icon chillipepper
    Free Member

I’ve been using Swrve shorts and 3/4s for a while and really like them. the fabric seems super durable, the fit and sizing are accurate, and they don’t look in the slightest bit ‘bikey’. https://www.swrve.co.uk

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Hmmm, the sale price makes the Raphas a tempting option though. And there’s always idiots on eBay to take them off me.

Premier Icon john_l
    Free Member

Swrve are awesome, thanks for reminding me that I need to replace the ones I’ve been wearing for the last 5 summers, pretty much non-stop!

Morvelo Overland are nice, can’t remember which one. Very lightweight, stretchy and close fitting.

Premier Icon allyharp

I’ve been pretty happy with my Shimano Transit Path shorts.

They’re not quite as sleek as either my old Rapha Touring Shorts (which I wore out) or my 1st generation Kalf Terra (newer ones apparently rubbish). But the fit is still better than many I ordered and returned, and they were comparatively cheap at under 40 quid.

Premier Icon peteimpreza

The Rapha Randonee shorts are much better.

Hmmm, thanks everyone. Think I’ll give them a miss and see which of the other recommendations come up in end if season sales.

Premier Icon burko73

vulpine gravel shorts are nice casual do it all shorts. The morvelo selector are great on the bike over bibs/ liners. super stretchy and light and not baggy.

Fwiw Pearson commuter shorts have appeared by magic on my FB feed – I’m asking them to clarify the “tailored” fit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.