Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 613 total)
  • Raoul Moat/John Rambo
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Saved the taxpayer a few quid though, every cloud….

markenduro
    Free Member

Wonder if the local mp will be putting an expenses claim in for the cost of cleaning this moat up?

cranberry
    Free Member

Unfortunate, but probably the best result all round:

No one else will fall victim to him
    He won't end up rotting in jail/hospital for the next 50 years
    No policeman has to live with having shot him

dazh

Very sad ending. The police, sky news, Rothbury's councillor and Gazza have not come out of this looking very good.

bruneep

Why did they bring gazza in? Don't the police know England players are crap at a shoot out!

donsimon
    Free Member

Saved the taxpayer a few quid though, every cloud….

The money had already been saved by not giving him the appropriate care in the first place.

Three children are now without a father, that's well worth a joke. You should be ashamed. Laughing at someone's misfortune is easy from your own comfort zone.

Drac

Not sure why you think the police look bad. They stopped anyone else being hurt, they stayed in the area knowing he was there finding him was very difficult. They did well.

wrightyson
    Free Member

What an epic thread!! As my first post said though, surely this won't end nicely! Very sad when someone is at such low point that they kill themselves!

allthepies
    Free Member

>Not sure why you think the police look bad.

The basic mistakes they made in the initial hunt for him (and before the actual aggro kicked off), not necessarily just the last few hours.

e.g. ignoring durham prison's warnings that Moat presented a danger to his girlfriend. Not monitoring a mate of Moat's after he had delivered a note to him, he returned later with a second note.

highclimber
    Free Member

A policeman saved from the difficult decision of pulling his trigger, 40k+ a year saved. Its not the ending anyone wanted but he wanted to die and he got his wish. Its sad that he leaves children without a father but they wouldn't have had a father anyway because he would probably die in prison.

Hadge
    Free Member

The facts are yes, there are three children without a father but it's maybe for the best as he hit them – he was a violent man. There is lots of history of domestic violence that he has done and these are the things that will get over-looked in this sad case. He obviously wasn't the sort of man who you could talk logically too and he was always going do what "he" thought was right and that's a very worrying problem. I believe the Police handled the whole incident very very well, even from the original disturbance and I'm sure more information will come out, especially the dictaphone that he used and was found at his hide-out.

Houns

Yer man from Lost was involved last night

carbon337
    Free Member

+1 for Northumbria police doing a good job. They held back the media with those blackouts and at times but also got very frustrated with them on numerous occasions.

Incidents like this in the future need something done about the media – but at the same time i was enthralled watching it unfold.

TooTall
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

The basic mistakes they made in the initial hunt for him (and before the actual aggro kicked off), not necessarily just the last few hours.

e.g. ignoring durham prison's warnings that Moat presented a danger to his girlfriend. Not monitoring a mate of Moat's after he had delivered a note to him, he returned later with a second note.

Whilst I am sure you are an expert on police procedures, unprecedented manhunts and have an inside connection to the control room at the Northumbria Police HQ in Ponteland, can we just let the PCC report on their findings? They were voluntarily called in after the prison int mess after all.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hadge! Thought you were on about gazza there for a minute!!!

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Its a shame 3 kids are now without a father but they could have quite easily been additional victims of his once he lost the plot. We've seen this happen before out of spite – that guy that jumped off the balcony on holiday and killed his kids after a row with the wife. Sad to say but they're probably better off without him.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

A troubled mind is at rest now.

Not really. He's dead.

fourcrossjohn – Member

moat if he has his head screwed on

Not any more, he doesn't…

highclimber
    Free Member

Thought you were on about gazza there for a minute!!!

LOL

jimmyshand
    Free Member

There are a few folk on the thread that need a damn good shake. Tossers.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is that why you're called "jimmyshand"?

Hadge
    Free Member

It's a sad fact of life but the public seem to want to know everything that's going on, be it getting the truth or just something they can talk about and add their own take/opinion on. The media knows this, fuels the situation and then those who have to deal with it have very difficult descions to make knowing the whole country/world is watching.
    It's a very sad thing that's happened but I honestly believe that a man who has already killed one, seriously injured others and would have harmed others if he had the chance. He had forced himself into a corner which he made by his own actions and thoughts had no matter how much help he would have received would have changed his state of mind – it's just how some people are.

Houns

cranberry
    Free Member

jimmyshand – been on the 'roids have you?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Drac – Member

"A troubled mind is at rest now"

Mr Woppit – Member

"Not really. He's dead"

You never miss the opportunity to ram your extremist and fanatical atheistic views down people's throats,
    do you Woppit ?

highclimber
    Free Member

You never miss the opportunity to ram your extremist and fanatical atheistic views down people's throats,
    do you Woppit ?

I wouldn't call it any of the above. its just satire!

jimmyshand
    Free Member

It's not really satire either though is it? More a statement of fact. People don't rest when they are fatally wounded, they die. Why is there such a problem with talking about the finality of death in this country?

Coyote
    Free Member

do you Woppit ?

Agreed. I really can't be doing with religious extremists.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

do you Woppit ?

Very rarely, ernie. Bit like with you and (the alleged) "Das Kapital" …

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I wonder if Raoul ended up a bit piqued that all that muscle development and hours spent in front of the mirror practising that really scary face, didn't seem to have worked, as a life choice? 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why is there such a problem with talking about the finality of death in this country?

Nothing. And I know from Drac's previous posts that he fully accepts "the finality of death".

However some people find the Woppit's obsessive compulsion to remind everyone about his views, whatever the subject of the thread, rather boring.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Some would say the same about you ernie_lynch – I am one of them. You do get rather tedious at times.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Boring enough to want to keep commenting on it, obviously. Haven't you got any milk to deliver?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Some would say the same about you ernie_lynch

Well they are perfectly entitled to. Although I would reject the accusation. However, I do have a tendency to talk about politics on political threads, which I assume is what you are probably suggesting – I won't deny that.

Re : "Boring enough to want to keep commenting on it"

I never get bored with challenging you Woppit. It's a dirty business ….. but someone's got to do it.

Jamie
    Free Member

You lot do realise its really nice and sunny outside right?

*heads out for a run*

jimmyshand
    Free Member

No, I am suggesting that you have an inability to not have the last word or see the world from another's perspective.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mr W will soon remind us that he'd spend even longer going on about it if only he'd not been told to "give it a rest".

I'm doing what Jamie's doing and "going out for a run"

(except doing it a bit faster because I've got normal sized feet that aren't sore 🙂 )

jimmyshand
    Free Member

deadlydarcy is pretty much the same as ernie_lynch – tedious.

Jamie
    Free Member

(except doing it a bit faster because I've got normal sized feet that aren't sore )

Go **** yourself. :mrgreen:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jimmyshand – Member

No, I am suggesting that you have an inability to not have the last word

Your go next.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Should this bit be the thread closed? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 613 total)

The topic ‘Raoul Moat/John Rambo’ is closed to new replies.