Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rantette: Sony Xperia Z1
  • tomd
    Free Member

If you’re going to design a shonky charger cover flap that falls off if you look at it funny, at least make it possible for customers to replace it. Just spent a frustrating half hour talking to Sony support who wont issue a small plastic cover to customers incase it INVALIDATES THE WARRANTY FFS. They want the phone sent off at my expense for them to spend 2 seconds placing the small plastic cover on and send it back again. Most people with this phone have had to refit the cover hundreds of times when it falls. Useless. The flap is needed for the waterproofness.

isitafox
    Free Member

You can get them online from china for a few quid, might be easier doing that!

tomd
    Free Member

Yeah that’s what I’m going to have to do. It’s just frustrating that they won’t back up their rubbish design and support customers.

DezB
    Free Member

I often wonder how someone without fingernails would get on using this phone…

(My flap remains intact though)

wwaswas

My flap remains intact and attached despite a years enthusiastic use.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

You can get a magnetic charging cable if you want to leave your flaps in place.

DezB
    Free Member

I just bought one for £1.75 🙂

bikemike1968
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    My flap remains intact and attached despite a years enthusiastic use.

Fnarr!

tomd
    Free Member

Fnarr indeed. My flap keeps coming off. I think after the first time it gets slack and it’s easy after that.

Anyway, anyone found any UK suppliers of flaps? I need it pretty quick for a trip so US / China no good.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I vowed never to buy another Sony product because they have a habit of dropping support for items after a relatively short product life.

TPTcruiser

Wahey! Flaps intact after four months, but only a matter of time maybe.
    It is the scratched screen that looks worse than my Motorola was at the end of it’s contract. Z1 ain’t got Gorilla glass or it’s equivalent.

phiiiiil

Heh. I used to have a Sony experia mini; I had great difficulty charging the damn thing for a few days after trimming my fingernails! The flap falling off would have made it easier, but alas it never did…

scotroutes

They need to invent a way of connecting a charger to the phone so that it doesn’t affect the waterproofing.

Oh – hang on….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rantette: Sony Xperia Z1’ is closed to new replies.