• This topic has 53 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • RANT- Annoying chunts you work with
  • hora
    Free Member

Little things but …am I being a miserable git? He sounds like Darth Vader ALL day (the breathing not the cool bits). He stirs his new cup of tea for circa 1 min. Seriously, Ive timed it. This is done to annoy me isnt it? Really? It must be? Hes just started stirring it again and drinking from his spoon….and stirring again. This is new. Waterboard torture is NOTHING compared to this. Ontop of this he makes a cuppa an hour. Why? Ive complained to him but obviously he thinks Im just being miserable?
    Ontop of the stiring he lifts and drinks from the cup every 10secs. Puts the cup down then immiedately picks up the cup again and repeats. WTF. Seriously? Is it me, is this normal? Can he work whilst he is doing this ritual? Come on.

Drac

Hmmm! This post reminds me of someone who posted similar stuff to this on the internet, who got sacked.

wwaswas

“Can he work whilst he is doing this ritual?”

not like posting on here at all then.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i wonder what he thinks of you?

ski
    Free Member

I have this guy who works across from me hora, who every time I look up at him he is looking at me, it drives me nuts, I am sure he spends all day watching me.

Recently I think he has started to time me when I do things, I see him fiddling with his stopwatch when I drink my coffee, just to wind him up a bit, I take sips every 10 seconds, it drives him crazy for some reason……

😉

hora
    Free Member

Drac 😐
    Ski- actually very funny (Drac take note) 😉

hora
    Free Member

i wonder what he thinks of you?

Hes ruthless. A sales creature. He sees me as the next challenge, one to drop, something in the way.

I’m only pretending at this game, hes out-and-out. down to the bone. Makes me cringe.

SST
    Free Member

He sounds like he has that illness where people do things repetatively. Pick cup up, put cup down, repeat 5 times.
    what’s it called?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Why not try stirring your tea for exactly one minute everytime Ski, that’ll really p”!s him off.

chakaping
    Free Member

Stop stalking your colleagues and get on with some work!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Perhaps he’s bored, lets face it there’s sod all to do in recruitment at the moment.

hora
    Free Member

It is very repetitive behaviour.

BoardinBob

My team is fantastic but there are some veiny throbbers nearby. Worst offender is a guy that laughs at has own jokes all day long

a) They’re not funny
    b) It’s every 5 minutes
    c) He laughs like Mutley from Dastardly & Mutley

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pick cup up, put cup down, repeat 5 times.
    what’s it called?

Stupidity in my case….

steve-g
    Free Member

Bob

He’s not called steve is he? im concerned

dave_aber
    Free Member

Bob – Is he called Tim?

BoardinBob

No. 😆

Olly
    Free Member

i sit “near” (lets say, opposite, but without saying it) one of those people who is ALWAYS worse off than EVERYONE else.
    you cant make a single comment about life in general, without it becoming a whinge about how TERRIBLE “Xs” life is.

more irritating still, is that these minor niggles in her life, are all things that would take seconds to sort out, but i honestly think she likes having something to whinge about.

we are being made redundant, dont get me wrong, i like her, but i wont miss her sitting opposite me at work.

Spongebob
    Free Member

There was one bloke who used to eat crisps with his mouth open in my office. Drove me nuts. He would also slurp tea and water all day, – i think he was diabetic – well he was huge. Nice bloke though. I’m sure he had no idea how annoying he was.
    My real pet hate was people bringing their lunch back to their desks to eat it when there was a sumptious lounge and restaurant selling cheap food only a lift ride away. They’d stink the place out with all sorts of stuff, chomping away in a trance like state staring at their monitors, as well as making a mess. If you have no place to go and eat, fair enough, but i’d rather go and sit in a cafe, pub, or a park to eat lunch.

I guess you have to practice at being tolerant when you work at close quarters with people. I have a low threshold for tolerance, I know my limitations!

glenh
    Free Member

[smug]
    I have my own office.
    [/smug]

hora
    Free Member

Olly, we had someone similar who gives her life by life blow of from every evening. Loudly, its car-crash. I listened as sometimes I laughed evilly and tutted. Every bloke she met was rich, had a Ferrari (but she never got to see the Ferrari), always had sex with them after the club then later on sometimes found out they really worked in a factory or a doorman. Sheesh. She couldnt listen to what she was saying. Her last fella was a successful rock musician and graphic designer/photographer.

BoardinBob

i sit “near” (lets say, opposite, but without saying it) one of those people who is ALWAYS worse off than EVERYONE else.
    you cant make a single comment about life in general, without it becoming a whinge about how TERRIBLE “Xs” life is.

more irritating still, is that these minor niggles in her life, are all things that would take seconds to sort out, but i honestly think she likes having something to whinge about.

😆

You’ve been to Tenerife, they’ve been to Elevenerife

You did a shite in the Sahara, they stood on it

BoardinBob

3 laughs in the last 10 minutes from my PITA

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

theres an odd ball that wont touch door handles at our place, think he has ocd or something, a proper germ freak.

it just really bugs me – i dont know why though!

Drac

Ski- actually very funny (Drac take note)

I wasn’t joking he was a regular on here too posting a lot from work.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

cup of tea an hour – check
    eat lunch at desk – check

I’m sitting near some middle aged cyclists (STW fodder) is one of them you?

MussEd
    Free Member

The thing is, once you start being anooyed by stuff like this EVERYTHING he does will annoy you. Other people will take not notice and then you’re lft looking odd! So be careful Hora…

{Guy at my work eats like he’s in prison, arm round plate to guard against food swipers, quick shovelling motion, mouth open to facilitate breathing and more food insertion. Obviously he leaves any veg to on side “ahm no touchin that green shite” and NEVER washes his hands after visiting the toilet – no 1 or 2}

ourmaninthenorth

The secretaries in my team are driving me nuts – why the f*** do they have to moan about having to do some f***ing work now and again when I’m here half the f***ing night every day trying to get my job done.

Useless stupid t**ts. Book meeting rooms, do the typing, answer the phone – it’s what you’re f***ing paid for FFS.

Poindexter
    Free Member

I used to work with a guy who’d stand, arms folded whilst talking to you and every now and again, place his chin in the palm of his hand so his fingers sort of ‘cupped’ his nose and inhale deeply and noisily.

It was only when standing in front of a mirror whilst talking to him once that I noticed, prior to this chin-palming-finger-cupping-inhaling ritual, he’d surreptitiously scratch his ring-piece.

Dirty b*stard!

SST
    Free Member

We called the secretary pool where I used to work “the chicken ranch” cos it sounded like one over the partition.

SST
    Free Member

We called the secretary pool where I used to work “the chicken ranch” cos it sounded like one over the partition.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I share an office with a tiny, beautiful and very funny girl who has the hiccups pretty much every afternoon. I cope. 😉

BoardinBob

Used to work with a guy that had serious mental issues. He would go into the cupboard where we kept boxes of documents and punch and kick them for no apparent reason!

2tyred

You’ve been to Tenerife, they’ve been to Elevenerife

You did a shite in the Sahara, they stood on it

ha ha!

there’s a woman i work near who went on holiday to India for six weeks following graduation from uni. this holiday took place nearly 20 years ago. from what i gather, she has yet to stop talking about it. any conversation with anyone about anything can in some way be related back to India, its quite remarkable.

making matters worse, she’s a flag-waving fish-eating ‘vegetarian’ who can always be relied on to bleat about the lack of vegetarian options in any eating establishment.

these two character traits combined amusingly on a recent staff lunch trip to a popular Indian restaurant. she made a big deal of ordering without having to look at the menu, what with being such an authority on all things indian. if she had have done, she’d have noticed the minced lamb that formed the bulk of both dishes she ordered.

stupid cow.

there’s another guy nearby whose enunciation is appalling – this combined with an abnormaly loud speaking voice and complete refusal to stop talking when you’re speaking to him make him come across as a moron. shame, because i don’t think he actually is, but he irritates me no end.

glenh
    Free Member

she’s a flag-waving fish-eating ‘vegetarian’ ……
    she made a big deal of ordering without having to look at the menu, what with being such an authority on all things indian. if she had have done, she’d have noticed the minced lamb that formed the bulk of both dishes she ordered.

LOL 😆

hora
    Free Member

Jeesus, now I remember the girl who had friend butties every morning, took a serious amount of dieting pills, had annual subscription to a gym (but couldnt go unless she had the latest trainers)…..AND never drank water in her life (couldnt stand the taste of it). I know all this as daily she moaned through her butty about it. Funny thing is, I loved it in a pseudo-masochistic way. It was better than someone saying ‘what did you have for tea last night’ as a means of conversation 🙂

Ourmanupnorth. We had a receptionist who often sent round a companywide email saying she couldnt answer the phones today due to a bad sore throat and could ‘everyone help out’?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

One of the people i share an office with will always stop talikng to you to answer his phone, even half way throug a sentance. He also will just but in to a conversation with what ever he wants to say regardless of who you are talking too.

Pook

bigdummy, where do you work?

BoardinBob

there’s another guy nearby whose enunciation is appalling – this combined with an abnormaly loud speaking voice and complete refusal to stop talking when you’re speaking to him make him come across as a moron. shame, because i don’t think he actually is, but he irritates me no end.

There’s someone in my place that pronounces the word “now” in such a way that makes me want to impale myself on a sharp spike to make it stop.

hora
    Free Member

My negs? I once experienced green tea in all its glory and didnt flush afterwards. I wanted everyone else to marvel at the titanic-sized poo that came out of me.
    Oh, I also insist the place/work kitchen is spotless yet my desk has two week old fruit and cups on it 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘RANT- Annoying chunts you work with’ is closed to new replies.