Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rankin Full Stop
  • 40mpg

Gutted to hear that Rankin Roger of The Beat has passed away from a brain tumour. He had so much energy on stage, last saw him a year ago, was always a great gig. Gonna listen to some Ska and 2-Tone now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBeat?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

jamj1974

Massive shame.

gordimhor

He was one of the good guys.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    easily
    Free Member

“He was one of the good guys”

Yep. The Beat played one of the best gigs I ever went to, I don’t believe anyone wasn’t dancing.
    I had a brief chat with Roger, and he couldn’t have been nicer.

The Beat were one of the bands that introduced me to reggae. That’s a debt I can never hope to repay.

kayak23

Shame. Had been listening to their newer stuff of late.

DezB
    Free Member

Stand Down Margaret spoke to us in the 80s, shoulda done a “Teresa” version
    RIP Roger

https://youtu.be/-K6YWX4OL0o

Pigface
    Free Member

Damn, of all the Two Tone bands the Beat were my favourite, I wanted to be able to dance like Roger. RIP.

vondally
    Free Member

Massive impact on music and society….spoke to my generation and me about politics, race,class and oppression – Rip

Dickyboy

Yep. The Beat played one of the best gigs I ever went to, I don’t believe anyone wasn’t dancing

Me too – on a Siff tour in 1979 even the support band (equators?) had a couple of encours, the place was banging

spursn17
    Free Member

I thought The Beat were the best of the Two Tone bands, RR was an integral part of that.

Let’s just hope that Jonathan Ross doesn’t read the eulogy though!🤣

RoterStern
    Free Member

Used to see him a lot when I was at uni in Brum around the Moseley area. RIP very sad indeed,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rankin Full Stop’ is closed to new replies.