Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 197 total)
  • Rangers Football Club going into administration
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Slight thread highjack…

A friend has written to the Football League in reference to Portsmouth’s administration. Please consider signing it in support:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/request-to-the-football-league-re-portsmouth/

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Rangers being liquidate and disappearing completely is unlikely I’d of thought. The other SPL clubs rely on the TV income and larger crowds they get from the Old Firm. Without Rangers the TV money will fall and there will be 4 less big games for each of the other teams.

As for the singing, both sections have songs that are offensive, and for a fan of either club to try and say that they dont is bullshit. They need to take their head out and sand and stop taking the “Aye, but so do they” or the “Our songs are political” stance. The majority of Olf Firms fans I know are very decent and dont sing these songs, but some do and they all need to grow up and move on.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17026172

HMRC have now played their card. Things would be even grimmer I suspect if the court rules in their favour. Not sure of the ins and outs though as the tax case verdict hasnt been settled yet?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edric64
    Free Member

If Portsmouth go tits up just support them in The Southern League .Halifax,and Chester still exist in non league form

seosamh77
    Free Member

seosamh77

You claimed you did on another thread? Or is it just your ignorance of the meaning of the “celtic songs” that you sing?I do, but i don’t see where the religious aspect comes into IRA songs? I’d like someone to explain that to me? I’ve never sang a religious song in my life outside of hymns at mass as a child. Certainly nothing against any other religion. (btw as before I make no apology for singing them.)

But anyhow, i’m not really wanting to get into this, as clearly alot of people just here the acronym IRA and it’s like a red rag to a bull on here. Sensible discussion is not likely to follow.

duckman

Ah, so once you have finished a rousing chorus of songs about people who shot their own countrymen for no other reason than being of a different religion (which is in no way connected with bigotry)you sit down as soon as somebody starts up with anything about religion,well done.

seosamh77 – Member

because it is often sung with pro ira chants. I see once again you are trying to paint Celtic fan as whiter than white by criticising the actions of Rangers fans. Quite frankly your arguments are at about the same level as a petulant child who can only see the faults of others.
    Who’s painting celtic fans whiter than white? Not me anyhow, I’ve got myself into fights with celtic fans in the past after pulling them up over their behaviour. I’m well aware of our deficiencies as a support, more so than yourself i’d imagine.

What i am saying though is that is that the equal blame people try to give out is wrong.

Btw where have i denied anything about IRA songs, I sing them myself and make no apology for it.

Posted 9 months ago # Report-Post

Your words I believe?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Mate, you’re an idiot. go away.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I do, but i don’t see where the religious aspect comes into IRA songs? I

PMSL, seriously, espcially when followed by..

Mate, you’re an idiot. go away.

no, stoppit, it hurts

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

seosamh77

if you cannot see the correlation between singing Celtic songs and bigotry and religious intolerance you clearly have failed to grasp the issues. Fortunatly the police have

“If you sing the Billy Boys or the Famine Song, we’ll arrest you.

“If you sing the Boys Of The Old Brigade, we’ll arrest you and there have been convictions in court before where that song is concerned.

“If you sing a pop song like Simply The Best, but insert ‘F*** the Pope and the IRA’ in the middle of it, we’ll arrest you for that as well.

“If you sing anything that’s derisory about the Pope or the Queen, we’ll consider that an arrestable offence.”

Now if I remember correctly the boys of the old brigade was one song you defended.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/04/13/old-firm-cops-vow-to-snatch-hate-song-bigots-from-easter-sunday-showdown-crowd-86908-23057861/

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Infact here it is.

seosamh77 – Member

“That makes you a sectarian bigot. You need to understand a bit of the history. This not a harmless folk song”

No it doesn’t and i’m comfotable enough in my knowledge of the history, hardly an expert, but i’ve a grasp of it and continually learning.

Please tell how does singing a song, for example the boys of the old brigade or the broad black brimmer make me a sectarian bigot? you’ll find the words online via a google search, go on explain it to me.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/scottish-sectarianism/page/4

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

being of a different religion

I realise it’s a minor point in the face of a £80m tax bill, but Catholicism and Protestantism are different traditions within the same religion, rather than being different religions.

What is much funnier if you appreciate irony is that it’s the loyalists who have been defrauding Her Majesty’s revenue and customs. Clearly their allegiance to Liz doesn’t extend to forking out to keep her in the manner to which she’s become accustomed.

I see that Whyte is trying to come to an creditors arrangement with the HMRC – presumably he’s offering to set up an Orange Standing Order?

duckman

And why am I am idiot? I don’t sing songs glorifying sectarian terrorist organisations, something I think would be a fairly clear indicator of idiocy….Wanders off crying to burn his postgrad in History…

What has 4 legs,a wet nose,and more money than Rangers? Harry Rednapp’s dog.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

seosamh77 – you really need to be a loot more careful with what you’re telling us about the songs you sing.

Probably a good idea to delete this thread now, before it gets a bit silly.

wallace1492
    Free Member

This is why I am so glad that I now care not a hoot for Scottish Club football. I used to be a follower of one of the Glasgow clubs, but the bile filed hatred of both sets of fans simply sickened me.

They criticise one another, yet spit hatred and fury out in equal measures. Neither can see the error of their ways and it is always the “others” or “establishment” against them.

The embittered rantings and ravings to battles in a foreign country are simply ludicrous.

Tiddlywinks anyone?

Lifer
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

I think threads like this provide a public service, douchebag awareness if you will.

wrecker
    Free Member

douchebag awareness if you will.

I think that most of us were well aware of seosamh77s status.

binners

Seems a bit late for that to be honest. What a glowing picture it gives of Fans of the beautiful game, north of the border.

Previously all I’d had to go on was watching in disgust, as one set of Glasgow fans, behaving like animals*, trashed our city centre 🙄

* in fact, to be fair, that’s an insult to animals

uwe-r
    Free Member

I also remember the visit of Rangers to Manchester, an absolute disgrace of a club and collection of so called fans. The end of rangers could be a good thing for Scottish football.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The end of rangers could be a good thing for Scottish football.

Scottish football in the long right might be better off, but there would be a large period where all the other teams would struggle due to the lost income. The resistance to league reformation that would of lead to the loss of 4 games from the Old Firm a season shows how important these games are to the other clubs. If they got through this period, there might be light at the end of the tunnel but its a long shot.

Manchester was very unfortunate 🙁 Cant really defend the behaviour of the fans, but considering there were 150,000 odd fans and it was only a small % of that that caused trouble. Combined with Manc council selling booze from 10am there was always the potential that there was going to be some issues.

It also appears now Rangers and HMRC are fighting in court over who gets to put the club into admin. Strange situation to be in :s

wallace1492
    Free Member

Manc council selling booze from 10am

Yes, imagine that, selling booze during normal licensing hours is to blame for what went on in Manchester!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Yes, imagine that, selling booze during normal licensing hours is to blame for what went on in Manchester!

Didnt say it was to blame, but having it set up the way they did certainly didnt help.

seosamh77
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Now if I remember correctly the boys of the old brigade was one song you defended.If i could be arsed(which I can’t) I could go an find you recent cases where an attempt to do someone with singing that particular song was thrown out out, but ho hum, lets all go on the daily records word, bastion of fine journalism.

binners

Oh… they didn’t wait til 10. I rode down Cross Street at 8am and picked my way through Paralytic Rangers Fans vomitting and pissing in the street, and abusing passers by. I saw one gang shouting utterly obscene comments at every female who walked past. It was an absolute disgrace.

At least they all had the consideration to all be wearing their ‘colours’ so they could be easily identified as complete morons

seosamh77
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    seosamh77 – you really need to be a loot more careful with what you’re telling us about the songs you sing.

The silliness started when they proclaimed the conflict in the 06 counties is purely a sectarian conflict and it’s that black and white. But well it’s their ignorance not mine, I’m happy to let them wallow in it.

wallace1492
    Free Member

binners – Member

Oh… they didn’t wait til 10. I rode down Cross Street at 8am and picked my way through Paralytic Rangers Fans vomitting and pissing in the street, and abusing passers by. I saw one gang shouting utterly obscene comments at every female who walked past. It was an utter disgrace

Yes but this will not be from Council sales of booze. You may find that the travelling ambassadors of the great skint club may well have brought some with them. Did they not introduce Lancashire to Buccy?

duckman

If i could be arsed(which I can’t) I could go an find you recent cases where an attempt to do someone with singing that particular song was thrown out out, but ho hum, lets all go on the daily records word, bastion of fine journalism.

Digging yourself into a deeper hole, but everybody else on this thread…and the media would appear to be at odds with the “facts” as you see them. Again; why are songs glorifying an organisation that carries out sectarian killings not bigoted?

trailmonkey

this is why we’d all be really delighted to have you both in the epl.

seosamh77
    Free Member

duckman – Member

Digging yourself into a deeper hole,I your mind, aye mibbe so…As I said earlier, that doesn’t really concern me.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

This is why I am so glad that I now care not a hoot for Scottish Club football. I used to be a follower of one of the Glasgow clubs, but the bile filed hatred of both sets of fans simply sickened me.

You do know that football’s played outside Glasgow, don’t you? And that that sectarian bile of which you talk is only heard when the Bigot Brothers are in town

The silliness started when they proclaimed the conflict in the 06 counties is purely a sectarian conflict and it’s that black and white. But well it’s their ignorance not mine, I’m happy to let them wallow in it.

As a matter of interest, does a room appear darker or lighter to you when you walk into it? I only ask because I’ve never actually met anyone so dense they can attract light

Brycey
    Free Member

this is why we’d all be really delighted to have you both in the epl

Yes that’s the spirit, judge one of the larger-supported clubs in the world by one fan with controversial song views on a mountain bike forum.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve never actually met anyone so dense they can attract light

😆

wallace1492
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

You do know that football’s played outside Glasgow, don’t you? And that that sectarian bile of which you talk is only heard when the Bigot Brothers are in town

Indeed BigBut…. There is however plenty of bile between the other clubs. Plus let’s face it, it aint exactly top fare.

The defenders of the tribal chanting, no matter what side are extremely irritating. They see no other point of view.

binners

Brycey – with the greatest of respect – I’ve been going to old first division, premiership and European matches since i was 7 and even back in the supposed ‘bad old days’, I have never witnessed anything even approaching the behavior of the Rangers fans in Manchester. Worse than animals, I’m afraid

Brycey
    Free Member

Binners; totally agree. They were an absolute disgrace to Rangers and Scotland.

Rewind a couple of years to Seville and you’ll see a different picture though.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Brycey – Member

this is why we’d all be really delighted to have you both in the epl

Yes that’s the spirit, judge one of the larger-supported clubs in the world by one fan with controversial song views on a mountain bike forum.

Brycey – with the greatest of respect – I’ve been going to old first division, premiership and European matches since i was 7 and even back in the supposed ‘bad old days’, I have never witnessed anything even approaching the behavior of the Rangers fans in Manchester. Worse than animals, I’m afraid

Different clubs. Manchester was trashed by Rangers fans, yet in Seville, Celtic fans recived plaudits and fair play award.

Still, I am scunnered with it all.

jota180
    Free Member

Celtic fans recived plaudits and fair play award.

They give out awards for not being idiots?

There’s some twisted thought patterns going on there

Brycey
    Free Member

They do indeed Jota; I wouldn’t expect yours to arrive any time soon…

Still, I am scunnered with it all

I hear you!

wallace1492
    Free Member

jota180 – Member

Absolutely! Got awarded for not wrecking the city!

Still, any knuckle dragging Rangers fan that could get on a bus went to Manchester, the Celtic knuckle draggers would have had to get flights and have ID for getting abroad, so not many went.

seosamh77
    Free Member

wallace1492 – Member

Absolutely! Got awarded for not wrecking the city!

Still, any knuckle dragging Rangers fan that could get on a bus went to Manchester, the Celtic knuckle draggers would have had to get flights and have ID for getting abroad, so not many went.unsurprisingly, someone comments without knowing what the f they are talking about. Quite funny this thread. 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

As a matter of interest, does a room appear darker or lighter to you when you walk into it? I only ask because I’ve never actually met anyone so dense they can attract lightI love how you can comment without knowing any of my opinions on anything.

That there is the reason why it’s quite funny watching you all go mental at the mention of IRA.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Rangers Football Club going into administration’ is closed to new replies.