Random swears

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Random swears
  • Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Stumbled across this online bike shop via a search.. reminds me of when my kid was 5 and swore without knowing what he was saying…
    http://www.peerkesbikeshop.com/

Premier Icon Greybeard
    Subscriber

It seems to be a Dutch thing. I remember a Dutch teenager who used the f word in a postcard to his Mum and other inappropriate contexts.

aweeshoe

They know exactly what they’re saying but just don’t give a ****! They delight in swearing in English and other languages (show-offs) and you’ll see it in advertising, hear it on the radio and even politicians will use it to emphasise a point. When I worked there it was perfectly acceptable to tell the boss to **** off, just don’t call him a klootzac.

To be fair hearing the word in a country where you can have a **** at the window or hear the hoes on a hot day, seeing or hearing the word is nothing. I love their social liberal attitude though, if you don’t like it don’t look or say so and if you do then bring the beer

Matt_SS_xc

Not sure if its true….
    After noticing how much Germans and French swear, particularly F…
    I was told that their languages either don’t have or don’t have the same attitude to swearing as we do so therefore not seen as a bit funny to use the word.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Yeah, I guess if you just see it as another word for “very” it’s fine. Looks **** weird on a shop logo though 😉

andrewreay

I wonder what happens if you order a part and need to email the CEO / boss to tell him to ‘…get a f***ing move on!’

aweeshoe

@DezB, it’s weirder that you see it on bike and clothes shops but not those which actually sell XXX

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

Part of the language here in Ireland, there’s even a few choice words used on teatime TV that would make an Australian blush. (I’ve watched Aussie TV).

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Ha.
    Little j has been inventing his own.
    “Flipping dodos” is my fave .
    And “minkle” ,which he stole from little lunch on netflix.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

minkle

Cross between a minge and a winkle? 😂

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Yeah, I guess if you just see it as another word for “very” it’s fine. Looks **** weird on a shop logo though

I think other countries have a different attitude to the F-Bomb to us as the meaning is much more nuanced here. For English speakers the word with a long history – and before it meant ‘sexy time’ it meant to hit / strike violently. So it has a dual meaning of sex and violence and context can make it mean sex, or be a threat of violence, or sexy violence or violent sex or sexual violence. Where its used in relation to sex its very very nuanced as to whether it refers to consensual or non consensual sex.

But it can also be an expression of excitement, surprise, disappointment or exasperation without any of those connotations at all.

Its one of the reason the F-bomb is censored on the forum but used quite freely by the authors of articles on the front page – the sites owners have control of the context there but not here.

But it can also be an expression of excitement, surprise, disappointment or exasperation without any of those connotations at all.

Where I live it’s just punctuation.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Can’t believe nobody has commented on the American Eagle Chinese Open mould frame for €2695!

spot

most Dutch (i’m belgian) and other non native english speakers will pick up english from movies, tv, music,…
    so we hear **** quite a lot.
    it gets a lot more common as a word for us, than for someone who is a native speaker and doesn’t hear **** in every other sentence when they hear english.
    makes it a lot less harsh as a word for us I THINK.

my mate from new zealand was quite shocked with the lyrics of this “feelgood hit of the summer” back in 2015 when he came over for a summer of riding in the alps.
    I hadn’t really given it much tought before he mentioned it, still sang along all summer tough 🙂

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Can’t believe nobody has commented on the American Eagle Chinese Open mould frame for €2695!

That’s **** expensive!

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Where I live it’s just punctuation.

No, its all aimed at you. And they really mean it!

tjagain

In Scotland it has multiple uses as all differnt parts of speach as in ” Oh ****, this ****ing ****ers ****ed. **** it”

No, its all aimed at you. And they really mean it!

Kids these days! No respect for their parents….

Oh ****, this ****ing ****ers ****ed. **** it”

Oh jings! This folding shutters closed. Open it?

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

This folding shutters..

****ing grammar police 😉

mogrim

In Scotland it has multiple uses as all differnt parts of speach as in ” Oh ****, this ****ing ****ers ****ed. **** it”

Isn’t that most of the UK?

You hear it on Spanish radio too, as it’s a foreign word they don’t really think of it as swearing. Although the Spanish swear a lot more than the British anyway.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.