• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Random Strelizia Regina question
  • mrmo
    Free Member

pretty random question time, i have a circa 20year old Strelizia, it has in this time produced two plants, but not really much of a clump. It seems that both are currently producing flower spikes, which is progress on the one the whole “clump” has produced for the last few years.

Real question is is there a way to get it to produce new plantlets? what would make it produce a proper clump?

CHB

They like lots of sun.
    Ours was best in the conservatory.
    We watered it greatly in the spring and summer and hardlly at all in the winter (roots dont like being cold and soggy).
    never had any plantlets, but lots of leaves and flowers until it caught weevil and had to go.

CHB

Also leaves grow from the centre, its these that form the clump forms. In good growing conditions and with some feed ours grew about 4 or 5 leaves a year.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmo
    Free Member

i have figured most of the growing habit, it was grown from seed and i have five at the moment, but only one is flowering size the others are only a few years old. Having seen them abroad and knowing they are clump forming as most of the relatives are, banana, ginger, canna, etc. just wondered if there was a way to make them form a clump?

CHB

Have you found the yellow streliztia? mandela from memory …i think. we tried and failed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Random Strelizia Regina question’ is closed to new replies.