• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by igm.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • random part id
  • z1ppy

My friend found this on his garage floor the other day, and has no idea where it might have come from, can you help? (or just entertain with silly suggestions). He’s a keen cyclist (mtb/gravel/tandem), so assume it might have fallen off one of the bikes, as his trade as a chippy, I wouldn’t expect it to have fallen off a door or 2×4.. but you never know

z1ppy

TBH thinking about it, it may have fallen off his garage DOOR for all we know..

leffeboy

It looks like a stop that fit onto the end of a cable so more likely a garage door.  Can’t think where it would go on a bike

finbar
    Free Member

Imitiation frog leg cantilever straddle cable stop? The sort of thing that lodges into the brake arm here:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2061165/

crogthomas
    Free Member

Definitely a cable nipple.
    Where it is from, who knows. What doesn’t work anymore in his garage?
    Tandems often require odd parts, so that would be the first place I’d look.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah it’ll be from some non-standard cable actuated thingy. Dropper post or remote lockout or something. I had something very similar on my Canyon Shapeshifter thingy. Equally could have come from the garage door / car boot release etc.

z1ppy

thb after posting, the garage door thing just hit me, as I know it a cable operated one… it’ll be disappointing, if I’ve gotten it right

He not got any old kit, as he’s not a classic buff, but I assumed some sort of cable stop thingy..

Cougar

It looks like a heavy duty version of a cord stopper you might get on a rucksack.

the garage door thing just hit me,

See a doctor if you start to feel dizzy or disorientated.

Beagleboy

My garage door is a flippy over the head one with a twisty handle thingy on the inside. Pretty sure it has doodahs like that on it.

somafunk

Its a grub screw cable stop/joiner, seen similar used to connect cable runs on tandems and I guess it could also be cable stop for a garage door so take your pick

z1ppy

Mystery solved. Turns out it was part of a ortlieb handlebar bag mounting kit
    something like this

igm

STW and no one got the right answer shock!!! 😲😳😳

That said the Ortlieb spare parts website is nerdtastic

dyna-ti

Thats some pebble collection 😯

scruffywelder
    Free Member

STW and no one got the right answer shock!!! 😲😳😳

STW and no one pulled the OP up about the incorrect use of 2X4 shock!!! 😯😳😳

Standards be slipping!! 😆

z1ppy

que?

igm

I thought 2×4 was an old drivetrain standard.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.