Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Random one – Spec Epic owners
  • Pyro

Probably a random plea, but on here, who knows?!

I’m chasing around trying to find a decent aftermarket solution for mounting an extra bottle cage onto my seatpost. Having tried (and in a few cases broken) offerings from Topeak, Minoura etc, was chatting to a mate who got to pondering the two little clampy things he got with his 2010 Speccy Epic, that he threw out having not been able to work out what they were for. A quick google reveals that they were pretty much exactly what I’m after, seatpost cage mounts. D’oh!

So, any Epic owners, did you receive these things with your bike, do you use/need them, and if not, would you be willing to part with them for postage cost/small donation/beer?

Cheers!

Pyro

lucien

Didn’t get any on my 2008 Epic S-Works, but it did have 2 sets of mounts on the frame in any case

hughjengin
    Free Member

Nor did I on my 2010 epic

Pyro

Hmm. Anyone else? Or anyone got any ideas about more durable clamp methods ?

njee20
    Free Member

Where I used to work, Beyond Mountain Bikes, we had loads of them kicking about, although I’ve a suspicion they were 27.2 rather than 30.9, give them a ring: 01483 267676, Lewis is probably your best bet.

Coleman
    Free Member

Pyro,
    I have an 03 Epic and it did indeed come with the bits your after!
    Not sure if I can lay my hands on them now, but will look over the weekend if that’s any good. Seatpost is 30.9.
    Will mail you if I can find them.
    Edit; I think it comprises of the seat tube clamp and another
    clamp for the seatpost, both with threaded bosses for the cage bolts.

Pyro

Cheers for the suggestions! Coleman, if you do find them over the weekend, please do let me know. Can’t remember what my post size is offhand but it’s under 30.9 and there’s always the coke can shim method!

crazy-legs

Can’t remember what my post size is offhand but it’s under 30.9 and there’s always the coke can shim method!

Specialized MTB seatposts are always 30.9, one of the best things about them is the consistent seatpost sizing over the years.

I had some of those cage mounts with my old S-Works but never used them.

Coleman
    Free Member

Hi Pyro,
    Sorry for delay, just got back from cx race, found them!

Set comprises of 34.9 seat clamp and a 30.9 clamp with bolts and bosses to accept a bottle cage.
    Only compatible if your seat post is 30.9 and seat tube is 34.9 – all Epic’s are this I think.
    E-mail in profile if they fit / interested.

njee20
    Free Member

They will fit any alu Epic.

Janesy
    Free Member

I’ve got those. Thanks for letting me know what they are. 🙂 I might put them on tomorrow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Random one – Spec Epic owners’ is closed to new replies.