Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)
  • random famous people where you least expect them
  • samuri
    Free Member

Ian Brown in Bent’s Garden Centre off the East Lancs,

We know the Bents personally. I’m taking one of them on a road ride in a bit. I’m going to tear his legs off 😉

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Michael Schumacher stood next to me whilst checking out at the reception desk of a hotel in Daventry circa 1996.

Bregante

Used to quite regularly see Posh and Becks at the Tesco in Prestwich doing early hours shopping back in about 99.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    themilo
    Free Member

Tony Hart at my works Xmas do. We poached his “gallery” theme tune for some of our adverts. 2 massive “minders” with him whom I drunkenly side stepped to inform him that “you sir, are a f*!*in legend!” I think he appreciated it………

samuri
    Free Member

I’m loving the fact that Tony Hart (who is indeed a legend), needs two minders. Awesome!

samuri
    Free Member

MOTHER OF GOD HE’S DEAD!!!! Why did no-one tell me???

jon1973
    Free Member

Jordan and Peter Andre at Heathrow – they’re tiny!

Are you sure they weren’t just far away?

souldrummer
    Free Member

Saw Phil Collins in Sainsburys in Guildford High Street many years ago. Also saw him on the train going back to Guildford out of Waterloo. He seemed very angry that the train was running late!!

Also saw Rolf Harris one morning at Charing Cross station. Not what I expected as I was staggering bleary-eyed to work!!

Pauly

Dave Gilmour looking confused at the amount of cyclists on Hove seafront before we rode to Spin Up In A Brewery. Dressed in black t-shirt, black shorts, black socks and black trainers looking a bit sweaty.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Billy Bragg, directly in front of me in a Post Office in Croydon.

As his number was getting called, I tapped him on the shoulder:

“Never thought I’d be QUEUEING UP with BILLY BRAGG!”, I quipped.

He had the decency to laugh.

Good guy, BB.

tails
    Free Member

Crashed a punt into one containing Stephen Hawkings of The Simpsons fame amongst other things!

stevestunts
    Free Member

Lee Scratch Perry in Morecambe;
    RZA from Wu-Tang Clan in Barrow In Furness ***I THINK THIS MEANS I WIN***

Vernon Kay used to have a couple of my mixtapes in his car, and in 1996 he had a few drinks in my room in uni halls, before going out clubbing with us and making a complete shaft-grasper of himself (I was mates with his younger brother, and Vernon was visiting)*.

* – I only mention this because I wanted to use the term ‘shaft-grasper’.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Norman Tebbit filled his Range Rover up at my petrol station once, as (I think) he was taking his daughter to Durham University.

woody21
    Free Member

Bananarama in Matlock in late 1980’s.

Jennifer Saunders at the Badminton Horse Trials earlier this year

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another.. Almost forgot..

Simon Amstell from “never mind the Buzzcocks” etc. etc. sitting in the row in front of me and MrsBouy at Saddlers Wells a few weeks ago.
    And..
    The tall thin one from the PetShopBoys, again at Saddlers last year whilst their production of “the most incredible thing” was playing out on stage.

Forgot about those two.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Dave Myers (the dark haired one from the Hairy Bikers)
    Frankley services M5

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Couple of others :
    Jonny Morris outside Westminster – had to stop him and say thanks for making my childhood fun.
    Did the ‘door dance’ with Jamie Curtis in Santa Monica.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Mick Jagger in the video games section of Harrods.

molgrips
    Free Member

And some bloke called Dave Cameron at a pub near chequers last summer

I do find it fairly amusing to think that even PMs sometimes just think ‘sod this let’s go to the pub’. Assuming it wasn’t a crafted photo-op of course.

NJA

I once sold Martin Brundle a Bike (Marin Indian Fire Trail with Manitou 2’s IIRC).

I didn’t recognise him and when I asked for his name and address for the receipt he loudly stated ‘I am Martin Brundle’ and then got very miffed because I still didn’t know who he was.

Coyote
    Free Member

Penny from GMTV in pizza express Oxford few weeks ago , no longer a milf

This saddens me.

freeagent
    Free Member

Helen Skelton skulking around eating a dirty fried chicken takeaway at the outdoors show in Excel earlier this year…

austen

Ronnie Wood keeps getting in my way as I’m heading out of the office for lunch. In fact on one occasion he was flirting with the checkout girl and fumbling for change in a little purse and hugely delayed my sandwich purchase!

Also seen coming out of the Flight Centre.

All in downtown Bath.

andytherocketeer

John Major in John Lewis (b*****d jumped the queue)

Prof. Heinz Wolff on the train.

(and lots of others, but they were in places I’d have expected to bump in to them)

tommyhine

Nancy from Hollyoaks used to come down to Aston Hill for the races years ago, her boyfriend used to race there.

HansRey

my dad used to be one of the beaters and drivers for one of the big hunts in his area. Elle MacPherson and fella had rented the local castle and estate where the hunts were occuring. After seeing my dad’s dog offered to buy it for a lot of money.

juanking

Tom Baker again, this time in what was the Racing Page in Richmond. My mate shared his delight in seeing him. To which Mr Baker retorted, faarrrr***** Orffffff.

Oh how we laughed!

nosedive
    Free Member

Phil ‘the power’ taylor riding around Llandegla

dabble
    Free Member

you sure it wasn’t just some other fat knacker from stokey way?

nosedive
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it was The Power himself

emsz
    Free Member

Jack Steadman ( lead singer of Bombay bicycle club) tried to chat me up, at a v drunken party. Would NOT take no as an answer lol

Seen loads of singers and bands at festivals either in the loo or queues for food ( not really unusual though)

dabble
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it was The Power himself

A sighting of PTPT anywhere is good, but on a bike, bleeding fantastic.

oomidamon

Yasser Arafat on Chiswick High Road, late ’90s. He was in the back of a limo with a rather large police presence. I also used to go to a gym near to the BBC which had a few Blue Peter presenters (Katy Hill!) in it but the best one there was seeing Bill Bailey having a personal training session.

Saw a Ferrari waiting at a roundabout a few years ago and my first thought was ‘he’s a bit young to be driving that’ – then I realised it was Matt Bellamy from Muse.

faceplanter
    Free Member

Jeremy Clarkson, stood next to him at a urinal in the NEC a while back. Gave me a ‘don’t look at my cock’ kind of look.
    Saw Paula Radcliffe a couple of months ago in M&S simply food at Tamworth services. Gave me a warm, friendly smile.
    Tim.

DenDennis
    Free Member

another Ian Brown here,
    weekday morning about 830am before work, just off to get milk from what was then a Safeway at the bottom of Berwick St, soho.
    He’s mucking about being filmed on a silver BMX in the road. Have only seen clips of the final vid – was it FEAR?

Not Ian Brown-

The late, great Richard Whitely at the gents urinals in what was then the volcano club, glasgow!

BillMC

Dolly Parton came into the Princess Louise, Holborn, with a crowd of pearly kings. They were filming and the pearlies gave us loads of beer that had been bought for them.
    Donald Trump in Manhattan this April.
    Winston Churchill Jr in Crete airport.
    Prince Charles in the Abingdon St, Northampton. I ignored him.

chuffnuts

Lennox Lewis Pushing in front of me in the Burger King queue at McCarren Airport, Las Vegas. That was annoying, he nearly felt my temper. He got away without a pasting from a skinny cyclist that day!!

ezzy
    Free Member

Julie Christie on a train journey when the train broke down and it was just us two in the carriage. This was in the days when you could smoke on a train, and she asked me for a light. We sat and chatted for the rest of the journey- God but she was still gorgeous!

llama

Ian Brown gets bloody everywhere

Kevin McCloud from Grand Designs at Glastonbury

Mrs llama was having her hair done once when KYLIE MINOGUE came and sat in the next chair

phil40
    Free Member

Brian Moore at Trevose Golf club, we were both in the bar waiting for the dinner service to begin at the restaurant. I wanted to buy him a drink for all of his test matches against the french, but my wife decided I would come across as a sad middle aged star struck bloke!

I kept looking on the pairs board to see if he wanted a partner for a round of golf on the classic course… no such luck 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘random famous people where you least expect them’ is closed to new replies.