Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • Rampaaaage
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Lacondeguy definitely deserved to win. I felt he deserved it last year too. His run was clean, smooth, stylish and he hit the biggest features on the course by some huge margin.

Zink’s run was good, but it went to pieces after his 360 drop. He hadn’t tried to trick that feature prior to the finals and he obviously didn’t have enough exit speed to complete his run, he spent half his run pedalling along a fire road.

The judges were consistent too, Aggasiz scored a 94.5 in qualifiers on the same line as Lacondeguy, so I guess the judges saw something worthy in hitting a 50ft drop followed by an 80ft drop.

nedrapier

I don’t know how Semenuk’s drop from a similar point compared to AL’s, maybe S’s was nadgerier with the turn before.

It looked as though AL just took it with less hesitation, more speed, bit of a launch off the lip/ drop/ whatever.

Whether it was bigger, smaller, easier to get into, easier to spot the landing, whatever, it was definitely more impressive to watch, it ticked all the flow/ commitment/style points, and set the tone for the rest of the run, which was quite good too. 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Andreu is awesome. Really enjoyed watching the Rampage last night, not sure if my mates agreed though 😆

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The Rampage site is pretty nifty – you can go to the runs you want to see.

http://rampage.redbull.tv/

Looking at McGarry’s crash again, he must be counting his lucky stars after walking away from that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lacondeguy definitely deserved to win

Agreed. The score and the gap to Zink doesn’t matter.

The Rampage site is pretty nifty – you can go to the runs you want to see.

That is cool, you couldn’t do that before. I wish they would add that to the UCI downhill

BillOddie

#rheedergotrobbed

eckinspain
    Free Member

I just watched Brandon Semenuk’s second run again – how did that not win?

leth
    Free Member

Watched most of the rampage live and some of the scoring is defiantly iffy. I wish they would go into a bit more detail as to how it was scored.
    Zinks run was very good until he’d done the 360 drop then it was pretty much just ride to the bottom.
    Andreu deserved the win, his line was big from start to finish.
    Rheerer and Semenuk both deserved to be above zink in the overall.

It’s just a shame Aggy took himself out practicing he had a similar line to Andreu.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I wish they would go into a bit more detail as to how it was scored.

It’s all about the flow and amplitude. Stoked.

honourablegeorge

Commentators mentioned the scoring is divided – 25 for line choice they said, and I’m guessing 25 for flow, 25 for tricks and 25 for having a Red Bull helemt

jimjam
    Free Member

honourablegeorge

and 25 for having a Red Bull helemt

So Semenuk not scoring highly as highly as some thought, but being a RedBull athlete would be down to what exactly? Or Zink winning in 2012 for one trick, despite being a Monster sponsored rider? Or Kyle Strait last year?

Or what about Lacondeguy getting 4th last year when many people thought he should win?

Personally I don’t think who the athlete’s personal sponsors are has any bearing on it. red Bull sponsor the DH world cup too, how come Josh Bryceland won it? He’s sponsored by Monster don’t you know.

mikey74
    Free Member

DH is timed, the FMB is judged.

Edit: To be serious though: I honestly don’t think Semenuk did enough to win. I have just watched back his runs and there are mistakes in both. My favourite run was actually Zink’s but I can see why AL won.

Northwind

Wait a second… Y’all are forgetting that leading female freerider, Kelly McGarry

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmm having watched it back: I will correct my view by saying that Zink’s top section was my favourite. The rest didn’t really match it. AL was excellent all the way down.

mattjg
    Free Member

[strike]horses for courses etc, and there’s not doubt this takes huge cajones and skill, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with “mountain biking” as 99.9% of us know it, does it? It’s more like a stunt competition.[/strike]

edit: ignore pointless negative comment, ignore your Rampage y’all.

honourablegeorge

jimjam – Member

So Semenuk not scoring highly as highly as some thought, but being a RedBull athlete would be down to what exactly? Or Zink winning in 2012 for one trick, despite being a Monster sponsored rider? Or Kyle Strait last year?

Or what about Lacondeguy getting 4th last year when many people thought he should win?

Personally I don’t think who the athlete’s personal sponsors are has any bearing on it. red Bull sponsor the DH world cup too, how come Josh Bryceland won it? He’s sponsored by Monster don’t you know.

Was a joke. TBH, having viewed the POVs, the judging was about right

WackoAK
    Free Member

McGarry’s Landing…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it looks like he is riding a kids bike

jambalaya
    Free Member

‘kin ‘ell !

jimjam
    Free Member

Looks like he needed a few more clicks of compression.

chakaping
    Free Member

Look and learn Josh Bryceland.

😀

richmtb

Well he’s used all his travel there

jedi

i thought it was between strait and laconadguy. strait took it for me

jimjam
    Free Member

jedi

i thought it was between strait and laconadguy. strait took it for me

Possibly marked down for blatantly stealing Aggy/Lacondeguy’s line.

jedi

made it look sooooooooo good

jairaj

I think Kyle’s run was definitely the most stylish. The little whips of the smaller jumps. I think he deserved to get a few more points.

Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘Rampaaaage’ is closed to new replies.