Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ramblers Newsletter of misinformation.
  • richpips
    Free Member

In a bid to keep abreast of local issues for local people I am suscribed to the Rambler Associations mailing list.

I have just had this in my mail box.

Whilst I’m not a fan of 4×4 vehicles on there, some of the letter is just incorrect. To suggest a walker can’t walk up there is ridiculous. I’d be surprised if a motorbike nearly knocked her over, for the most part it is wide enough for dual lane traffic (with care).

Hello Richard,

There’s a path in the Peaks that I love. It’s called Chapelgate. It runs along Rushup Edge from Edale to Chapel-En-Le-Frith. When I stand on it and look across at Mam Tor and Kinder Scout, my heart soars.

But last time I did this, a motorbike whizzed past ruining my peace and nearly knocked me over. I clambered up the path a bit further and I couldn’t, the path had been completely destroyed by 4x4s.

This needs to stop

……….

maxtorque

Lets just neatly ignore the hundreds, if not thousands, of miles of pedestrian only footpaths in the area, which also give the same uninterrupted and peaceful views of the countryside shall we. Not content with having 99.8% of the rights of way to themselves, these people seem to want 100%.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

So off road bikes, 4×4’s, mountain bikes and Horse riders anything else they want banning from the countryside. Next they will be moaning about sheep making marks on paths with their hoofs. Some ramblers are alright. The majority are elitest knobs.

BadlyWiredDog

Some ramblers are alright. The majority are elitest knobs.

Isn’t it more the other way round? Viz, some ramblers are elitist knobs, the majority are alright? A bit like mountain bikers. 😕

bigyinn
    Free Member

It’s THEIR countryside, not OURS!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

No the majority are knobs that I’ve encountered.

stever
    Free Member

I think if you think most walkers are knobs you need to take a look at yourself. Most people are alright, and it’s got little to do with their choice of transport. It’s all of our land.

mickolas
    Free Member

stever – he didn’t say walkers, he said Ramblers. They all look alike to me. Especially when they’re screaming and diving out of the way of me and bike;who’ve unexpectedly parted company.

😉

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I clambered up the path a bit further and I couldn’t, the path had been completely destroyed by 4x4s.

Well according to a recent STW post, Chapelgate is not as gnar as it used to be. Click here for the post from 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ramblers Newsletter of misinformation.’ is closed to new replies.