Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Rain X
  • spennyy
    Free Member

I use mquires (I think) ceramic wax on my helmet visor and it’s spot on, a friend uses it on his car windows and swears by it but not got round to doing mine yet

Haze

How long does this stuff last?

I’ve used Angel Wax H2Go which was brilliant, lasted really well but £££

FuzzyWuzzy

I used to use the stuff that came as a stick to rub on then wipe/polish off with a cloth. Worked brilliantly, didn’t even need to use the windscreen wipers in rain most of the time (which helps preserve it to). Didn’t last all that long though and gave up as a bit of a faff to do every week or so.

Tried the spray on stuff (might have been the 2in1 inc. cleaner someone else mentioned) and it didn’t work nearly as well and only last one or two trips.

The hyperdrive effect someone mentioned made me lol, it’s definitely a bit weird the first couple of times you drive with it but IMO your visibility driving in rain is much improved, especially at night.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

Applied it to the van a while back. Driving at night on an empty autobahn I didn’t even realise it was raining until I stopped for fuel. Works a treat.

brownsauce
    Free Member

Rain X is quite a mild compound as far as rain repellents go.

much more potent products are available such as the previously mentioned H2go and Gtechniq G5 which i use..

Halfords duxback treatment that was asked about earlier is a semi permanent compound that should last around 6 months before effectiveness drops off

Problems arising from using these products nearly always comes down to  the same 3 issues ;

applying too much product – use the absolute bare minimum

pre clean not thorough enough

wiper blades worn

anyone wanting to remove a failed treatment should  try scrubbing the glass with fine wire wool dipped in white spirits – guaranteed to strip back to naked glass.

HTH.

giant_scum
    Free Member

I find that an application of RainX makes ice easier to remove from the windscreen.
    Also love the hyper drive effect, particularly when others have their wipers on a double speed and I don’t have mine on at all!

Milkie
    Free Member

Angel Wax H2Go here too.. Better than RainX and lasts longer. With both products, not cleaning your screen properly means you get fogging/misting, even when the RainX is working fine.

You have to clean your windscreen first.
    Wash Screen
    Possibly Tar/TRF remover
    Clay Screen
    IPA Screen – I use painters wipes

Now it’s ready to apply.

retro83
    Free Member

Does claying the screen actually do anything? I’ve never seen it pick anything up from clean glass.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Rain X’ is closed to new replies.