Rain X on your goggles?

• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by  Haze.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rain X on your goggles?
  • alpin

Found a nine year out of date bottle of Rain X at work and done the van windshield with it and it works a treat…

And then had the potentially genius idea of using it on my goggles.

Will dig out an old set and give it a go.

tjagain

Used it on glasses for years here.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I still use the same bottle of nikwax visorproof I bought in about 2004- it’s brilliant stuff

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

It doesn’t say why, but Rain X does say…
    “Avoid using Rain‑X® Original Glass Water Repellent on any plastic surfaces, including motorcycle windshields, ATVs and solar panels”
    but now there’s…
    “For plastic surface applications, try our new Rain‑X® Plastic Water Repellent!”

philjunior

Best not to use it on windscreens, just side windows (unless you don’t intend to use wipers).

But yeah it works OK on some goggles/glasses as long as it doesn’t dissolve the plastic.

Rain-X anti fog for the inside, too.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Best not to use it on windscreens

Eh? Care to explain? It’s where it works best. And you use wipers a lot less when the screen is treated. I use the washer additive too.

Van Halen

i found that at night it seemed to create teeny weeny blobs of water that diffracted the oncoming headlights and made it difficult to see where i was going or any distances. I stopped using it. (on a 1969 vw t2 with rubbish wipers). was great in daytime as you dont notice the diffraction at all.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

neat fairy liquid, iget a teeny drop in between finger and thumb, rub over glasses lenses front and back, then polish off the residue.

nofx

You can get rain ex for motorbike visors. I use rain ex for the car . Brilliant stuff 😊

alpin

Might give it a go then….

Not noticed any problems at night with rain. Didn’t even realise it was raining until I stopped for a piss. The motorway was empty and no oncoming traffic.

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

Neat fairy liquid here.

Not tries it on windscreen, might give that a go…

Haze

Got some Angel Wax H2go that I use on the car, will try it on my Oakleys and report back…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.