Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Rain…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can’t remember the last time it really rained. Dusty trails are great, but surely we need some rain soon!

donsimon
    Free Member

Got plenty over here, just say when and I’ll get it sent over… It’s yours, take it please, please take it…

trout
    Free Member

Don you must be on the plains in spain then 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think there was a bit a couple of weekends ago, but I jolly well have not seen any since.

Don’t speak too soon, cos we’ll be getting some rain at some stage, that’s pretty much guaranteed now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fred, have you got drifts of London Plane seeds out you way?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah mate; I have about 4 or 5 Plane trees just in front of my flat. We’re knee-deep in the buggers! There were a few blocked drains cos of ’em, when we had that bit of torrential rain the other weekend.

Drac

What’s rain?

jools182
    Free Member

We’ll have our fair share soon enough

Its only been a few weeks without it and people are missing it already? 🙄

It can stay like this for a while for me

glenh
    Free Member

You’ll get plenty next weekend.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don you must be on the plains in spain then

We might currently consider the whole of Spain to be a plain. 😥 Apparently raining in every Autonomous region at some point of the same day is newsworthy.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Well I’m off to Wales next weekend which means only one thing….. 😐

MoreCashThanDash

No proper rain to speak of here near Derby for best part of two months – one of my water butts is empty, and we could do with a couple of days (ideally nights!) proper rain just to damp down the trails and keep the farmers and growers happy. Just come back from a week in Wales with a suntan FFS!

Though rain is apparently forecast for us on Saturday – that will be the day we’ve arranged a picnic with friends then….. 🙄

CountZero

Dry as a very dry thing here in N.Wilts. Kite buggies at Bratton near Westbury yesterday were kicking up dust from the grass.

loddrik
    Free Member

Was at the Clwyds today and the trails were as dry as I’ve ever seen them.

Rain is great, by far the best weather, you can keep your sun and heat.

Couldn’t believe how much less it rained in the 18mths I was in Guildford than up here. I may be in the minority but rain cheers me up in the way that sun cheers most other people up.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i can pretty much guarantee that next weekend will be the wettest in living memory.

1st gravity enduro idnit…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Apart from anything else, the bluebells are wilting.

Sandwich

Thetford was as dry as I’ve ever seen it today. Even the big puddle near the Brandon Road on the black had barely any mud left in it. Shocking that no-one had raked the bunkers though 🙂 Made some of the jumps and berms somewhat interesting on my old Vert Pros.

iDave
    Free Member

Rain is rubbish. More heat please.

Mush
    Free Member

I’m pretty tired of being blinded by plane tree seeds riding about town. Sunglasses offer little protection so I might wear swimming goggles on my commute tomorrow.

molgrips
    Free Member

Here (Bavaria) we’ve had lots of warm sunny weather punctuated by the odd heavy shower or day of rain. Perfect conditions for growing – the trees are all fully out, the wheat is knee high and the rape is chest high already. Amazing.

crazy-legs

Even the usual bogs have dried up here in the Peak District. The dust is actually really slippy in places, kind of catches you out! I wanted to do Cavedale today but passed cos of the Bank Holiday, it would have been rammed. Bet even the limestone drop is bone dry now though!

emsz
    Free Member

No complaints here. Although it was windy today. Headwinds grrrrr

jonb
    Free Member

The dust is actually really slippy in places, kind of catches you out!

I’ve no idea how to ride dry dusty trails, I’ve spent most of the last 6 years riding wet and muudy ones! I could get to like it though. I imagine we are going to get all the rainfall we have missed in one weekend and some massive flooding.

globalti
    Free Member

We’ll pay for all this sunshine, you’ll see…..

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Mahoosive low pressure area off to the west of the UK as we speak – think it’s due to cross Ireland tomorrow.

matt_outandabout

Big grey clouds and spots of rain on window here 🙁

joat

Sherwood Pines’ grinding paste now replaced with very-hard pack dusted with slippery sand. Worn Conti mountain kings plus dust equals bike on ground followed by knee and shoulder and little bit of swearing. Luckily no harm done. Would be a little churlish to complain though!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you, Matt?

matt_outandabout

Killin, Loch Tay

Bunnyhop

We’ve just spent 3 days in North Wales without a drop of rain, unheard of at this time of the year.

Hope we don’t have the usual dry, warm, sunny spring, followed by the wet, wet and wet summer.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Wait till I get the okay to start riding again and then watch the biblical floods come.

pedlad

It’s been great riding round Malvern and Ledbury for weeks. Just a bit worried all the good weather has been used up and mayhem will be a mud slog fest.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mahoosive low pressure area off to the west of the UK as we speak – think it’s due to cross Ireland tomorrow.

The remains of the US storms no doubt.

Kunstler

Big grey clouds and spots of rain on window here

I left at just the right time then.

I’ve rarely known Scotland as dry as it is right now. Notoriously boggy mountain routes are completely dried out and fires seem to be breaking out in the Highlands.

ahwiles
    Free Member

sure enough, rain is forecast for next weekend.

🙁

lot’s of rain.

double 🙁

kimbers

this is horribly selfish but………

i have a broken heel & ankle been stuck on the sofa for a month now and another month (being very optimistic) before i can get on a bike

so instead of the warmest driest spring i can remember i want it to be pissy, muddy, cold and waterlogged, just to make me feel like im not missing out

samuri
    Free Member

The dry weather is giving us a few problems round our way.

Great Hill by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Bez

the rape is chest high already

<puerile>Soapy titrape!</puerile>

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

No rain on the Mendip for weeks – it’s a dustbowl.

binners

Happiness is…. A DUSTY BIKE. YAY!!!!

Its, just, like…. karma maaaaaaaaaaan. For the last two crappy summers we’ve all ridded through. Enjoy it. You’ve earned it

Are you all catholic or summink?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Rain…..’ is closed to new replies.