Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 187 total)
  • Ragley Ti – Owner’s Opinion[s] ?
  • brant
    Free Member

Balti steps

Not sure I know those.

Rex
    Free Member

wot mingsta said. slackish head angle with adjustable forks is perfect for steep stuff. sure i miss out on a bit of coil plushness with the talas rather than a vanilla on my ti456, but with the fork down at 100mm the bike climbs up walls, and at 140 bombs happily down steep stuff. 120 is perfect for singletrack. so using an air fork might be a slight compromise in outright suspension performance but it makes the ride as a whole more versatile on steep up and downy terrain. which is good as i ride the infamous quantocks / exmoor northern hills 😉

that said, i don’t like the 456 at 100mm for anything other than steep ups- it gets twitchy and nervy (I’m using 70mm stem and 710mm bars). however, i’d happily xc race it with 120 forks and lighter tyres. and will.

like the OP and others, i’m interested in the ragley, but in no way am thinking of trading the 456. great bike.

hora
    Free Member

I may have got the name wrong- bottom of Pecketwell singletrack- turn left along the road for say 300m’s- then veer off right down the rough earth lane and sharp right down say 200 steps with a sudden steep change of pitch in the stairs at the end.

the_lecht_rocks

bigdugsbaws – yes, but not with my currently twisted rims ! ? ! 😯

when they’re true, they do fit nice and snuggly 😀

Ed-O
    Free Member

Hora; you got it, but you can’t get curry there.

“Bolty’s Steps” it is.

the_lecht_rocks

ed-o : awesome ST article – loved it, thanks 😀

and i’ve NO kids !

hora
    Free Member

One of the lads remarked just how bloody grippy Calderdale exposed wet rock is compared to the limestone up in the Lakes. 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

calderdale rock – is it granite infested ?

Dave
    Free Member

No granite, just gritstone

hora
    Free Member

No granite, just gripstone

..ah I can see my work here is done 8)

hora
    Free Member

Blimey- a lad on a really (original- not a later copy) old Scrambler rode up Pecket well late this afternoon- amazed he made it on his tyres!!

the_lecht_rocks

review coming soon i believe by Guy Kesteven.

wors

supposed to be in this months mbuk isn’t it?

brant
    Free Member

supposed to be in this months mbuk isn’t it?

Next months.

Blue Pig is in the next issue of WMB too 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I might have to have a spin on one this weekend if theres any knocking about Brant? Having seen Eds I’m tempted to get shot of the Blur 4X after my impending trip to Verbier and get a Ragley Ti as a replacement…

The whole slack geometry thing is starting to grow on me 😉

wors

Next months.

is it a 😀 or a 😥

brant
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Will the new O-O guy be making a Summer 456 out of anything other than scaffold pole?

I_Ache
    Free Member

might have to have a spin on one this weekend if theres any knocking about Brant? Having seen Eds I’m tempted to get shot of the Blur 4X after my impending trip to Verbier and get a Ragley Ti as a replacement…

Dibbs on the 4X frame.

brant
    Free Member

Will the new O-O guy be making a Summer 456 out of anything other than scaffold pole?

I’ve got a Ti one in my garage 😉

sv

Washing my Spesh Pitch last night and noticed the piece of chainstay behind the cranks looked quite similiar to the 3 finger Ragley thingy.

Just an observation.

Ed-O
    Free Member

I might have to have a spin on one this weekend if theres any knocking about Brant?

You’ll be able to have a go on my bike at the weekend. No problem.

Ben_Haworth

“200 steps” ???!!! 😉

pritcsa
    Free Member

So have no normal peeps taken delivery yet then?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

presumambly you cant be seen riding such a beast brant?

After all the ti failiures recently I was rather hoping someone may have snuck in a batch of lightweight 853 SS’s before the CEN tests caught up.

ChrisS
    Free Member

They’ve been in stock on CRC for a while and I thought I’d even read somewhere that they were close to selling out, dunno why no-one is owning up on here to having bought one though?

the_lecht_rocks

yeah – who has got a Ragley Ti ? 🙂

fwiw, the Ti456 is stunning out here in the Pyrenees.

i’d expect a slacker HA would be even betterer……… 😯

thepodge
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Will the new O-O guy be making a Summer 456 out of anything other than scaffold pole?

yes, well more like sort of. there will be some new designs, some re-designs and I believe some losses.

if i’m correct in its understanding, the CEN does not apply to items you have in stock, so you could order a million before December and you’d still be able to sell them

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers Ed – I’ll come and hunt you down sometime during Saturday!

hora
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder, don’t get rid of the Blur4x (mothball it). You might regret it then there is no way of buying one back again.

pritcsa
    Free Member

Anyone, still not?

the_lecht_rocks

seeems not so far pritcsa……..
    i'm now waiting for the next MBUK issue to read…

pritcsa
    Free Member

I've gone for the leap of faith approach. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Remember, we need pics. The forum demands it!

markd
    Free Member

TLR – i have a demo one in the shoppe if you are serious about one.

Its an 18. see http://www.thebikechain.co.uk for more info.

the_lecht_rocks

MARKD – NOT REALLY – I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH MY tI456……….but may be tempted …..lol…..

BigJohn

That must be the one the nipper rides in that advert

markd
    Free Member

CAPITALS RULE!

be tempted.

cynic-al
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    MARKD – NOT REALLY – I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH MY tI456……….but may be tempted …..lol…..

Haven't you said that about another frame before?

the_lecht_rocks

cynic-al – yes , the Hummer , but it broke as i'm way too fukkn hardcore for it, cheers 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 187 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Ti – Owner’s Opinion[s] ?’ is closed to new replies.