Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Ragley Ti demo fork choice dilemma
  • ojom
    Free Member

Hello people

We are building a Ragley Ti for playing on and selling in the shoppe

I want to make it as economic as possible being a business but want to know what you guys would like on the front end

so….
    Fox 32 Float RLC QR15
    or
    RockShox 140mm Revelations Maxle Lite

There is quite a difference in price – trade and retail as you would imagine so we want to get this right.

Also… anyone looking to get one in Edinburgh and want to book a shot on it. No tyrekickers though!

ta

MarkD

chakaping
    Free Member

Wasn't overly impressed by the Rev myself, so I suspect you'd sell more with a Float on the front.

Aren't the forks about the same price though? If the Rev is dearer, it's a no-brainer to me.

mt
    Free Member

should advertising like this be allowed on the forum?

"no tyre kickers" says grump bike shop owner.

nuke

"should advertising like this be allowed on the forum? " says grump stw member 😉

I'd like to see the Revs on the bike personally but I prefer RS forks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shirely you'd want something burlier for a new-school steed like this?

phinbob

Don't call him Shirley….

ojom
    Free Member

Hi Al

I thought about LYRIKS cause they close alps down but i think being a Ti frame then the weight of the build will be precluding their use.

Hi MT – sorry – not grumpy when you make me laugh.

There is a difference of about £140 at retail… shouldnt matter but it makes the frame and fork pack either over 2k or under 2k… pyschologically its a tough one.

richc
    Free Member

personally, I would want Revelations, however a lot of the bike mags, go on and on about Fox's, so 90% of people would more than likely like to demo them. However, it might become a pain in the arse having to service them after every ride.

mt
    Free Member

Glad you laughed, twas intended as mirth. Am a bit of a tyre kicker myself for a few months before I can make me mind up on a bike. certain bike shop people have been driven mad by my questions.

ojom
    Free Member

Argh!!! 😉

Questions are good, without them we have no answers.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Having just returned another set of Bolt through Revs to Rockshox for fixing, I'd say Fox.

BigDummy
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

MarkD

Is the frame really light? I'd say folk demming the frame will be interested in the frame foremost, so fork choice is secondary. I'd put whatever fork you think is better on it – and you must have a clear mind on that, being a highly knowledgeable shop manager etc>? OMG!!!WTF111

chakaping
    Free Member

Having just returned another set of Bolt through Revs to Rockshox for fixing, I'd say Fox.

What problem? Me and a riding pal both had mystery knocking noises.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I had a spin around Lee Quarry Black on Sunday on Ed-Os with bolt-thru Revs. Was very nice.

ojom
    Free Member

Hey Al – your points have been weighed in my mind already. Irrespective of the actual weight, i feel that people will perceive the necessity to keep it lightish – we see the 2 main benefits of Ti as being lightweight and 'ride feel'.

To sum up (as you would you HOTSHOT CITY BOY) i reckon its worth keeping it 'light' with some Fox's. However the value of the Revs cannot be denied.

I think though we might go with the Revs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I would have thought both forks are well received and no one's going to say "well I would have bought the frame were it not for the **** forks I test rode on it".

I too can see reasoning for keeping it light. I guess it's not clear what the frame's intended build is – rated for 120-150mm forks – meant for "steep stuff", "climbs sublimely" etc.

Hey – it does everything well. Where do I sign up?

ojom
    Free Member

Come to dinner or invite me to dinner for a change then we can discuss teh moneis.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Erm…I was making teh LOLLAGE!

Would love to dine with you. Mine is not yet ready for your greatness though….but soon!

ojom
    Free Member

Ok.

Well keep me posted.

brant
    Free Member

Rev 140s. Push-ed 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Ti demo fork choice dilemma’ is closed to new replies.