• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by sv.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ragley Piglet…. what size are you riding?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Looking at steel trail hardtails, but am a bit confused with the Piglet geometry.

What size are you chaps riding, I’m 5’11, usually ride 18″ hardtails, or a 20″ full sus – ideal is a 590 – 600mm toptube.

Any help?

Cheers

Ricks

geologist
    Free Member

Im 5ft 8, and ride a 16″ Blue Pig, I test rode a piglet and a blue pig, at 18″ and they were both slighty to big for me.

At a guess 18″ would be perfect or you.

rickon
    Free Member

Looking at it, I reckon a 17″ would be spot on – not as stretched out as an 18″, but just about right…

geologist
    Free Member

Is the piglet available as 17″ ?

rickon
    Free Member

Yep – on CRC is it, and uspated Geometry on Ragley it is 🙂

geologist
    Free Member

cool, The blue pig is a great ride, so im guessing that the piglet will be too 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20

Piglet

From what I’ve read some owners prefer a smaller frame for chuckability, then look at seatpost/stem to get the cockpit to feel right.

I’ve been doing the same research, plenty of threads to browse.

mmel
    Free Member

Hello

I have a 17 inch Piglet and I’m around 5’11” It fit’s me just about right even with my short 55mm Ragley stem. I did try an offset seatpost for a little more room but it bent like soft cheese so I’m now back to an inline and actually prefer it.

Don’t know what stock levels are like now but my 17″ was pretty hard to get hold of back in November.

Let me know if you need any more Piglet info, it’s a great bike

dicoo
    Free Member

I agree a 17 would probably be fine 4u

Im 5’9′ and on a 16″ piglet and its bang on with a 65mm stem. I also tried a 17″ which was ok but not as good a fit as the 16.

I know my local shop has a test piglet 16″ i think if you live near shropshire http://www.plushhillcycles.co.uk

Its a really good bike to ride

messiah
    Free Member

5’11” here and an 18″ Ragley is a little too big, and a 16″ was too small. I’ve got a 17″ sitting about to be built… but it’s not a Piglet… but I would definetly say the 17″ for 5’11”

sv

CRC have a Red Piglet in their showroom and it does look well in the ‘flesh’ 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Piglet…. what size are you riding?’ is closed to new replies.