Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • RAF Leuchars Airshow
  • the_lecht_rocks

this weekend 👿

twoniner
    Free Member

Vulcans not flying there now.

Harry_the_Spider

Other aircraft are available.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mucho excitedness! Saw the arrows coming and going from prestwick on Saturday, awesome stuff.

twoniner
    Free Member

They are good but you could go 10 years not seeing them and nothing has changed.

The South Koreans at Waddington last year wiped the floor with all the displays.

the_lecht_rocks

why no Vulcan ?

Duffer
    Free Member
    twonks

Last year I’d have said the same about the Red Arrows as their display at RIAT was more or less the same as the last one I saw nearly 15 years ago.

And I would agree that the South Koreans are nutters. They do the same stunts and passes etc – just faster and with there eyes closed it seems lol.

However this year the Red Arrows seem to have upped their display and it was one of the best at RIAT.

Topped only by a backflipping hellichopper.

legend
    Free Member

No Vulcan, no care 🙁

If its just tank 7 that’s leaking they really should just brim the rest and go for it 😉

yetidave
    Free Member

Maybe I’m tight, and having a poor time of things recently, but £80 for a family ticket! !

NZCol

Last one ever as there won’t be anyone there next year….was there last week as mum lives nearby and loads of practice going on

fasthaggis

Maybe I’m tight, and having a poor time of things recently, but £80 for a family ticket! !

It seems a lot till you make it a full day with suitable a picnic Dave,just poppin in for a couple of hours isn’t good enough ,or you could take the picnic and crew to the lovely Tentsmuir and watch a lot of it from the beach for free 😉

quite a few flyboys showing off today 🙂

yetidave
    Free Member

Hummm, tentsmuir, flat MTB trails, ideal for little ones messing about on bikes whilst i stare at the skies!

Now working on the wife trying to suggest we should go…

crazy-legs

Went to Leuchars many years ago with the ex, great day out. Vulcan was there then, it did an amazing display. The Chinook was grounded though which was a shame.

Only thing I’d say is DON’T take the car! They reckoned on queues of 3hrs plus to leave the car park last time. We just walked the 5 mins to the station. 🙂 Also, as you’d expect, food & drink there cost a small fortune.

househusband

Hummm, tentsmuir, flat MTB trails, ideal for little ones messing about on bikes whilst i stare at the skies!

Good shout – may see you there!

birky
    Free Member

I biked up Lucklaw hill (Balmullo) to watch last year. Ok view.

scotroutes

The Park and Rides all work really well. Very little queuing and frequent shuttle buses

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sadly most have you have missed the good times at airshows.
    Went to Leuchars waay back in the 70’s when 111sqdn Phantoms were there & remember the commentator saying ‘if you look to your right you’ll see the two German F104’s coming in low & fast, theyr’e about five miles out now, keep looking’ About two seconds later they came in at about 150ft at something like 500 knots FROM THE LEFT & straight along the top of the crowd line. Everyone crapped themselves. The same thing happened with a Jaguar at another show.
    Gone are the days when you’d get 10 or more different fast jet types at most shows plus there was always a Vulcan &/or a Victor.
    Did I ever mention the four Vulcan scramble at Finningley in 1977? That was something I’ll never forget.

sas
    Free Member

Is there any bicycle parking there? If you lock it to a fence will it be blown up by security?

stgeorge

The South Koreans at Waddington last year wiped the floor with all the displays

The Black Eagles Best display team around IMO. Saw them at Fairford a year ago. Awesome. Make the Red Arrows look dull.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘RAF Leuchars Airshow’ is closed to new replies.