Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Radio 1 Essential Mixes
  • mboy
    Free Member

That Trentemoller mix in 2006 was bonkers… Totally not my thing at the time, but I listened and listened and it grew and grew! Absolute genius mix… When he drops his own remix of Moby’s “Go” about 90 minutes in… Wow! Just Wow! Talk about tension…

Other favourites (though I’ll admit, I have a LOT of catching up to do over the years)…

-Andy C 01/05/2005… Remember being down in the FoD on a weekender with several riders from this forum back in the day. Got home from the pub, I put the radio on just as Andy C was starting… I think I was the only one who stayed up to listen til it finished! Downloaded it when I got home, and have listened to it many times since.

-Krafty Kuts 27/02/2005 as binners suggests… Funky as ****! It’s the single most feelgood mix I think I’ve ever heard… I listened live that night, downloaded it after, then funnily enough the following Friday night he played a small club local to me at the time, and I got to meet him… Such a humble guy, he was thrilled when I said I’d heard his essential mix and impressed I actually knew a lot of the tracks and who he was!

-Adam Freeland 11/05/2003… I was/am a HUGE breaks fan, and this guy was at the height of his illustrious career right then. His track “we want your soul” had just launched. Playing his own remix of Ian Brown’s “FEAR” as the penultimate track though… Heaven!

-AvH 04/04/2004… Sheer brilliance! Britney Spears to Nirvana, Enrique Iglesias to Josh Wink… Brilliant!

These I all had digitally… I have a load of C90’s somewhere (obviously with only 90 minues of, not the full 120) from around 97-99 with several Oakenfold and Carl Cox mixes that I used to play until they were almost worn out in my car at the time. Oh the memories!

el_boufador

Nice one, that’s my listening sorted for a bit. Nicolas Jaar my fave currently. Haii and agoria were good from last year also. Think the haii one got mix of the year.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Loving these. Thanks for all the recommendations folks.

That Oakenfold Goa mix is great.

If not already posted. Pretty much all of them here…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lunge

Thought I’d give this thread a wee bump, partly as I’m fishing for more ideas, partly as I just discovered the Oakenfold 1999 Havana mix.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Trentemoller and Moderat mixes have been played in the office this week.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I have just discovered this thread now, and pretty sure I read through every single reply.

But I can’t believe how nobody has mentioned Avicii and his 2010 Essential mix

It was his only Radio 1 mix I believe on his short and fast rise to world wide fame before his relatively recent suicide.

I can’t listen to the Essential mix as much as I used to as I don’t live in the UK anymore, but I listen to a lot of house / electronic/ techno / drum n bass / whatever on the radio (mostly various forms of house). Can we just call it all house unless it’s clearly not?
    But for me, the 2010 Avicii mix was just way ahead of it’s time and I have listened to it over and over again, and it’s a total banger from start to finish. If no one agrees with me then either clearly you are all wrong or I am wrong, not sure which. Every track on it has been cut or hash or mixed or created by him himself.
    Download it though, lot’s of torrents for it, I think the one on YouTube is marginally different.

Get back to me!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Just to add, I know there might be some snobbery or whatever towards Avicii or Tim Bergling from the pureists and some people might of looked down on him as he had some mainstream songs in the charts which might make him instantly not cool.
    But his mix is really out of this world and different and worlds apart from his radio music. It really shows his talent.

On a different note, I also really like the Coldcut Essential mix (don’t remember what year but not recent), I play that regularly too. And also Felix da Housecat mix is very good too, right up my street anyway.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Krafty Kuts essential mix is an all time favourite!

I cannot remember the year, but there is a great Joey Negro essential mix. Another is a Desyn Masiello essential mix.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Not strictly Essential mix but radio 1. Gerra and Stone soundcloud mix cos I’m going to their Christmas party on sat. Kids sorted. Hotel booked. Guest list. Shenanigans.

Listen to Gerra & Stone BBC Radio 1 Guest Mix by Gerra & Stone on #SoundCloud

chakaping
    Free Member

Enjoyed this recently…

Mister-P
    Free Member

This morning is a Bicep kind of morning

jameso

^ Nice one Mr P. Since I’m a bit hungover from works drinks and today is my first day off for the xmas break, and I have stuff to do still.. this sounds just the ticket. This thread is why I should click on the chat thread more often.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hello James and merry Christmas.

dan2406

Used to love listening back to these. The ones from the 90`s always brings back special memories. Agree on the Goa ones. Magical memories of traveling through India and Nepal listening to this.

Also a favorite is Chris and James 94 i think.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’d forgotten about Calibre. I lovely slow build up, perfect office listening IMHO.

chakaping
    Free Member

This recent effort from Danny Tenaglia is superb.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was unsure of the Tenaglia one when I first listened to it. Might have another go at it though as he’s not endured so long as a DJ by being crap at it.

chakaping
    Free Member

It really gets going in the second half, from the acidic tune.

I wasn’t blown away when I saw him back in the day and he was supposed to be the best DJ in the world, but that essential mix is spot on for my current taste.

el_boufador

Caught this off the ’19 essential mix of the year shortlist. It’s very good. Lena Willikens

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I LOVED this (and a little shocked it’s 25 years ago 😳)

beaker

Tick.

eulach

Didn’t really like the Tenaglia one. I will have a go on Nick Warren though.
    My favourite from the last couple of years is the cheesetastic Ben Nicky. A boxfull of memories, sampled, warped, tweeked and thrown back at you at 100mph.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Today I’m sending myself even more deaf than I was with the Freeland 2003 mix

Your pills, your grass, your tits, your ass
    Your laughs, your balls, we want it all (we want your soul)

Mister-P
    Free Member

This morning’s listening is dBridge’s Essential Mix from a couple of weeks ago. It’s a real mix up, not simply a straight drum and bass session.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Big up to this thread! gonna give some of these a listen. the late 90s and early nougties trance era was pretty special.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

cheers for the dbridge one. the mix he did with instra:mental for fabric  was a killer

dannybgoode

The Jonathan Moore v Steinski v Plus One hip hop battle is by far the best one I’ve ever heard. Truly immense.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Fabriclive 50 is permanently in my van.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

and in mine 🙂

muddyjames
    Free Member

Can you download them as mp3?

el_boufador

+1 dbrige mix, awesome. I’ve downloaded some off mixcloud using mixcloud downloader. Not sure if it’s still possible though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Enjoyed this one at work the other day…

mrb123
    Free Member

Kerri Chandler 1996 was an excellent soundtrack for this morning’s turbo session.

mrb123
    Free Member

Sasha and Digweed, Delta Heavy tour in Miami. Broadcast on the Essential Mix.

dan2406

In memory of a great producer who kept his profile low key compared to a lot of them!

slackalice
    Free Member

Absolutely @dan2406, have this saved to play at some suitable time this week.
    RIP.

Mister-P
    Free Member

This is obviously popular on youtube at the moment as it was right at the top of my suggested listening this morning.

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

For me its

Netsky – So so melodic/liquidy easy listening.

for my youth very fond of caspa and ruskos essential mix

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

also forgot this

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Radio 1 Essential Mixes’ is closed to new replies.