Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)
  • Radio 1 Essential Mixes
  • tmb467
    Free Member

mrchrispy

silicon soul and nero are both epic, the EM did go through a bit of a drought a couple of years ago but it back in the game, there are some cracking new mixes.

mrchrispy

the recent Harry Romero is good

Mister-P
    Free Member

Something for the morning after rather than the dance floor.

chakaping
    Free Member

My brother in law used to put on an all nighters called ‘Faith’ on Easter bank holiday weekends every year.

It was Easter BH I saw Coxy above, but well into the noughties on my personal second summer of love.

Shame it had to go, was easily the best of the big clubs in London IMO.

devash
    Free Member

I find all the most recent mixes posted above are just too slow compared to the early to mid 90’s stuff. That Billy Nasty mix and the Dave Holmes ones are awesome! I really miss that driving progressive / techno / trance / acid crossover style from around those times. Just the right tempo, pace and peaks and troughs in energy levels to keep you dancing all night with the help of a couple of Ebeneezers and a bag of billy whizz . 😀

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/p22ot4eVbvE&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

wallop

Pete Tong and DJ Yoda was always my favourite back in the day.

lunge

Just listened the Oakenfold in Goa mix, that is just pure filth. Threw some right shapes on the train home from work!

binners

@chapaking – ‘Faith’ at Turnmills used to be a mix of nu school funk (Urban Theory and Freestylers) and original Chicago and Detroit house. Epic nights!

Best club in London by a mile!

binners

Something else you lot might be interested in:

BBC4 are going to be putting on Jeremy Dellars documentary about acid house ‘Everybody in the Place’ Next month

Looks interesting

ac505
    Free Member

I played this one to death…
    Still love it

survivor

The two I remember the most where:

Daft Punk 30 December 1997

And

Tasha Killer Pussies 8 June 1997

Both sounded amazing blasting out of the 6×9’s on the parcel shelf of my Nova GSI 🤘

Any other techno related one’s from that era will also of been played to death, Carl Cox, Dave Clarke etc….

Is there a place where they are available from now or do you have to randomly search for them?

DezB
    Free Member

Found a bunch in a drawer, in this lovely format…

mattbee

That Goa mix just got me through a dull afternoon of writing risk assessments. Quality!

binners

Oh bloody hell! I remember that Snap
    Mix from 95!

Absolutely bloody brilliant. Had that on cassette that got played to death as well! That’s going on now

Me and Mrs Binners have been playing old Wigan Pier playlists (lots of original Chicago) all evening. That Snap mix is going on now!

Cheers for that ac505! 🙂

binners

Just been digging around on soundcloud and found this. There’s a right old kitchen disco going on

Wigan Pier was the best club ever. It absolutely went off on a Friday night

Check this out if you love cheesy piano house

chakaping
    Free Member

Helena Hauff – Essential mix of the year 2017

Just been listening, great stuff but a bit intense for writing a product development powerpoint to.

Maybe I’ll try the Wigan Pier instead.

corroded
    Free Member

Here’s that Four Tet mix (2010 I’m guessing) from DezB’s pic, definitely danceable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh2Sxzg0wig

chakaping
    Free Member

I really miss that driving progressive / techno / trance / acid crossover style from around those times

I know exactly what you mean, just what I was into BITD.

Hardfloor, Slam, Awex Back on Plastic, Misjah & Tim’s Access, Narcotic Influence – the harder club sound of the mid-90s, the sweet spot before it split into more sub-genres.

Still look back and wish I’d been into some of the more housey stuff and the northern scene as well.

binners

The intro to the Wigan Pier mix is bloody brilliant!

All the hysterical BBC news footage about warehouse parties overplayed over Hardcore Uproar

corroded
    Free Member
    eskay

Bookmarked

iwluap

Totally favouriting this!

chakaping
    Free Member

That Wigan Pier mix is absolutely awesome.

Got my hands in the air like I just don’t care here.

jim25

– ‘Faith’ at Turnmills used to be a mix of nu school funk (Urban Theory and Freestylers) and original Chicago and Detroit house. Epic nights!

Best club in London by a mile!

No way! Best London UK club was Camden Palace

Nothing came close to the dirty maze of random stairs and tunnels and being up on the top balcony or behind the DJ on the metal platforms.

Peach on a Friday, a place were many friends and memories were made.

eulach

If you are interested in EM then I recommend this site. I’m going to put my balls on the block and say they have ALL the EMs ever. There’s lots of other EDM content too and an active forum. It’s a torrent site and you need to sign up.

doordonot
    Free Member

Love the EM’s but find it hard to enjoy anything beyond 2010, so showing my age. Whilst being a techno junky, I always enjoy this mix from “one half of deep dish” for a bit of turntable tweaking and general zone out and day dream type of experience. It just has the right level of intro/build up/main set/wind down and outro to end of set. And press repeat.

Essential Mix Sharam 2006

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Sasha did a set on Ableton…. Pretty sure it was an emix. Epic either way.

slackalice
    Free Member

Big up to Peach on Fridays at Camden! Awesome nights at a wicked venue 😎

roger_mellie

@whatyadoinsucka

another favourite is the one with jam n spoon oddysey to annonnya, possibly an oakenfold mix..

It’s probably on a few EMs of the day, but the one I thought of was this Oakenfold one from 17-09-1995, it’s at around 37:30. Warning – terrible sound quality!
    The Oakenfold Goa mix is still my favourite.

Mister-P
    Free Member

!994, what a year. Sasha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=offIDuhGYOM

I’m going in. See you in a couple of hours.

Freester

Retro/Grade mix. First of 2011 IIRC.

BoardinBob

The 93 David Holmes one is an acid-laced spectacular that still sounds good today

Hard to believe it’s over 25 years old

Came here to post that exact one. Absolutely amazing.

Also, it’s anthem bashing but on purpose so it’s awesome, Jim Master’s 90s techno retrospective one is just perfect

BoardinBob
    Gunz
    Free Member

Sitting in my mate’s garden many years ag0, correctly lubricated and out of the blue the first play of the Goa Mix comes on. Changed my musical tastes there and then. I’m slightly jealous of those on here who have just listened to it for the first time (the 2014 re-issue is s###e though).

cubist
    Free Member

So many great mixes – I hadn’t realised they are still going. USed to download loads off the mixing bowl – I think its time to log back in.

A great one for listening to at work: Trentemoller

Mister-P
    Free Member

*doffs cap at Cubist*

I had my mobile phone stolen at a Trentemoller gig at The Forum in Kentish Town. The gig was so good I didn’t care.

chomp
    Free Member

The Adam Freeland mixes and the one by the Scratch Perverts are personal faves that I regularly go back to.

DezB
    Free Member

This is flippin great

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Radio 1 Essential Mixes’ is closed to new replies.