Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Radbug?
  • muddyjames
    Free Member

anybody got one of these for their kids – recommend or better to get a foam board?

are they fairly robust – where we go there are some sand ‘dunes’ that would likely get used as slopes to surf down into the water.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Perhaps I should have asked. Inflatable or rigid body board for young Kids.

airvent
    Free Member

We just bought a couple this morning, they have a rigid plastic backing which gives some extra strength but I can’t see them holding up to messing around on sand dunes in the long run.

For 25 quid each on the current deal (yellow colour only) perhaps it’s not a big deal though if they get a bit of abuse.

DT78
    Free Member

I’m very tempted. they also have the tandem version on sale, anyone tried them?

airvent
    Free Member

I’m very tempted. they also have the tandem version on sale, anyone tried them?

Never knew that was a thing, I’d have been thrilled at that as a kid. Can’t exactly picture how that works in the real world but it sounds like fun.

john

Presume you mean the £15 inflatable ones? I think all decathlon bodyboards are radbugs. We bought a couple, for 5 and 9 year old kids, for a holiday by plane where foam wasn’t a (sensible) option. They don’t have a rigid plastic bit, came in a pouch about 20x20cm.

They’ve loved them, albeit more as oversize pool float/mini lilo than ‘serious’ bodyboard. But that’s what they’d do with anything, just means I can’t comment on how good it is for that. More robust than your average pool inflatable but not at the level of proper inflatable SUPs/kayaks if that’s what you had in mind.

I wouldn’t worry about the odd scuff or bit of rough treatment but repeatedly sliding down dunes is probably pushing your luck. But I’d expect the same thing to snap foam ones in half so not sure that helps with which to get.

muddyjames
    Free Member

cheers all @john my googling took me to the inflatable Radbug, so I assumed that was the name of the inflatable variant. I now realise why I was getting blank looks, since as you say that’s the branding of a load of surf stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.